ESPN Believes Cards Can Be a Quick Rebuild.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Lol this is peak Mao.

I couldn't give a crap he donated $20k to to some youth org. I'm talking about his time. His presence. His actually doing something physical in the community like other QB's do because, you know, he actually cares about something other than himself.

He could even combine the two and pop up on Rich Eisen to push a charity or foundation but I'd settle for just appearing on any media anwhere and talking about himself.
You're just making stuff up now.

Kyler - go ham it up on the camera and on social media all offseason to rebuild your image. Give me a break.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But Kyler Murray has done those things. As Mao said above, a simple Google search will show you the way.

Yeah Mao's talking crap. A google search shows Kyler donated $25k. I'm talking about actually doing something himself, not his agent donating money in his name.

Of which actually there are only one $25k to GENYOUth. There was $20k handover he showed up to while he was begging for a fat contract. The one and only time he's every appeared in public in Arizona in a none football capacity. To hand out one of those big cardboard checks because his PR guy said you need to something if you want to get paid. But it wasn't even his money.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Yeah Mao's talking crap. A google search shows Kyler donated $25k. I'm talking about actually doing something himself, not his agent donating money in his name.

Of which actually there are only one $25k to GENYOUth. There was $20k handover he showed up to while he was begging for a fat contract. The one and only time he's every appeared in public in Arizona in a none football capacity. To hand out one of those big cardboard checks because his PR guy said you need to something if you want to get paid. But it wasn't even his money.
I'm sorry that's not the kind of fluff you're looking for.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're just making stuff up now.

Kyler - go ham it up on the camera and on social media all offseason to rebuild your image. Give me a break.

Show me his charity stuff then. I'll wait. You said there is loads on Google. Shouldn't take long.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sorry that's not the kind of fluff you're looking for.

It's literally nothing. If you think your 4 year starting quarterback doing zero media, one single charity appearance and donating $25k in all that time is normal acceptable behavior for a starting NFL QB I don't know what to tell you.

He couldn't even be bothered showing up to a charity event the day before the draft.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's literally nothing. If you think your 4 year starting quarterback doing zero media, one single charity appearance and donating $25k in all that time is normal acceptable behavior for a starting NFL QB I don't know what to tell you.

He couldn't even be bothered showing up to a charity event the day before the draft.

Proper tax planning for high-income individuals invariably includes taking advantage of charitable donations to lower taxable income.

Some PR these donations, and others don't.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I believe people are truly underestimating how badly this team has been resourced over the years.

Unless Monti & the FO really hits it off in the draft & FA, which is possible, I think we won’t be truly competitive until 2026. I do think we could make a late run in 2025, but just not enough due to lack of talent.
What’s funny is Keim’s last draft might end up being one of his best. Probably because he wasn’t around to screw things up. McBride looks like he will be a stud. Sanders and Thomas showed some promise. Hayes and Smith could turn into long term starters. Christian Matthew could stick and Luketa was worth a flier in the 7th rd. Only flat out bust I can see is Ingram. Not impressed with him at all. But he was a 6th rounder so no big deal.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

From 2020

From 2022

From 2021

It wasn't that hard to find. Just scroll down past the 1st link you see...All on the 1st page of Google. Shows me he's consistent. We may not see everything he does in public, but he's out there. If you want to keep changing the narrative to fit your profile of him, that's on you. Again, I don't give two ***** if he's on Rich Eisen, Pat MacAfee, etc. I don't need fluff pieces, because well, they are just fluff, no substance. They say ZERO of who or what a person really is.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The league as a whole thinks more highly of Kyler than this board does but yes there’s still some question marks there. Of course the overall roster is below average thanks to Keim.

We also forget that 7 of the 16 teams make the playoffs. It’s not that big of a lift even in ‘23 if we get 12 games of healthy Kyler with his wires uncrossed. SB contenders of course not but if the above comes together no reason we couldn’t have a season like this year’s Seahawks or Giants or Jacksonville
As with any fan forum, what people on this board think is based too much on emotion and not enough on facts. What the league thinks of a player is far more accurate than what a fan forum thinks. Kyler has already indicated to Bidwill that he wants a TOUGH HC. One that will demand attention to detail. Those that think Murray’s head isn’t right are clueless in that respect. With the right coaching, Murray will be as dangerous as any QB in the NFL. Even as a big fan of Murray, my biggest concern has nothing to do with his skills or his mind. It 100% is about him staying healthy. Kyler has had one major injury, so I’m not about to even remotely say he‘s injury prone, but he still has to come back strong & prove he can play a full season.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What’s funny is Keim’s last draft might end up being one of his best. Probably because he wasn’t around to screw things up. McBride looks like he will be a stud. Sanders and Thomas showed some promise. Hayes and Smith could turn into long term starters. Christian Matthew could stick and Luketa was worth a flier in the 7th rd. Only flat out bust I can see is Ingram. Not impressed with him at all. But he was a 6th rounder so no big deal.
Agree 100%, but disagree about Ingram. A RB needs reps to produce & KK didn’t use him enough for Ingram to get into any kind of rhythm. Kid can run hard & has outstanding hands. No guarantees, but I hope he’s around this season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From 2020

From 2022

From 2021

It wasn't that hard to find. Just scroll down past the 1st link you see...All on the 1st page of Google. Shows me he's consistent. We may not see everything he does in public, but he's out there. If you want to keep changing the narrative to fit your profile of him, that's on you. Again, I don't give two ***** if he's on Rich Eisen, Pat MacAfee, etc. I don't need fluff pieces, because well, they are just fluff, no substance. They say ZERO of who or what a person really is.

This is the equivalent of an obese person saying they ate some lettuce 3 years ago so it's not all bad.

Yeah we already covered 2 of these. One of them wasn't his money (the 20k one) he was just handing the check over.

And it's absolutely nothing to do with the point I raised. Donating pocket change for a millionaire is nothing. The point all along has been about his time and effort and doing things outside of football. Media, charity work, PR, community work etc

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Of the teams vying for Payton, Arizona is the only one with an established young quarterback. From there, the Cardinals can boast about wide receivers DeAndre Hopkins (for now), Marquise Brown and Rondale Moore; tight ends Zach Ertz and Trey McBride; and running back James Conner. With a rebuilt line, that's an offense that can win 10 to 12 games with the right coach.”

Sure there are pieces but they fail to mention the lack of viable starters on Defense or the utter lack of depth across the entire roster. Not to mention that rebuilding an OL is no easy task.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure there are pieces but they fail to mention the lack of viable starters on Defense or the utter lack of depth across the entire roster. Not to mention that rebuilding an OL is no easy task.

Also fails too mention that QB is out with a late season ACL tear.

I love that out ESPN's 3 selling points two of them are "It's a dry heat" and "it's only an hour from LA".

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol this is peak Mao.

I couldn't give a crap he donated $20k to to some youth org. I'm talking about his time. His presence. His actually doing something physical in the community like other QB's do because, you know, he actually cares about something other than himself.

He could even combine the two and pop up on Rich Eisen to push a charity or foundation but I'd settle for just appearing on any media anwhere and talking about himself.

You can’t have it both ways. He can’t donate money, NOT appear with the media to promote a charity and then settle for just appearing on the media. I care more about him donating the money than I do him being in media. Being plastered in the media just promotes the players brand, it doesn’t mean they actually care like JJ does.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
As with any fan forum, what people on this board think is based too much on emotion and not enough on facts. What the league thinks of a player is far more accurate than what a fan forum thinks. Kyler has already indicated to Bidwill that he wants a TOUGH HC. One that will demand attention to detail. Those that think Murray’s head isn’t right are clueless in that respect. With the right coaching, Murray will be as dangerous as any QB in the NFL. Even as a big fan of Murray, my biggest concern has nothing to do with his skills or his mind. It 100% is about him staying healthy. Kyler has had one major injury, so I’m not about to even remotely say he‘s injury prone, but he still has to come back strong & prove he can play a full season.
Wait, so people that don't think Kyler's head is right are clueless, but you happen to know better? No one can truly know what's going on with the kid. All we can know for certain is he's got some problems that need fixing. They appear to be attitude related. We hope he can fix the issues or get the issues fixed, however that gets done.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I believe people are truly underestimating how badly this team has been resourced over the years.

Unless Monti & the FO really hits it off in the draft & FA, which is possible, I think we won’t be truly competitive until 2026. I do think we could make a late run in 2025, but just not enough due to lack of talent.
Utter nonsense. Teams have had one year turn around a after being in the Cardinals position.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can’t have it both ways. He can’t donate money, NOT appear with the media to promote a charity and then settle for just appearing on the media. I care more about him donating the money than I do him being in media. Being plastered in the media just promotes the players brand, it doesn’t mean they actually care like JJ does.

They are completely unrelated and the charity work is besides the point. I only raised it as an example of yet another thing he doesn't do. You can also care and have the media, like JJ Watt. There is a tonne of "JJ Watt does charity stuff" out there.

The point is Kyler does nothing outside train, play, go home. Zero media interviews in 4 years is frankly weird, and it's certainly unique. or really any sports personality, but especially a starting QB. The lack of charity, community and PR stuff is just an extension of that.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wait, so people that don't think Kyler's head is right are clueless, but you happen to know better? No one can truly know what's going on with the kid. All we can know for certain is he's got some problems that need fixing. They appear to be attitude related. We hope he can fix the issues or get the issues fixed, however that gets done.
I obviously must know better, because I don’t see his detractors coming forward with the fact that he has already indicated the style of coaching he would prefer. A TOUGH one who is dedicated to attention to detail. A major problem that Murray had was KK, and he’s gone.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Utter nonsense. Teams have had one year turn around a after being in the Cardinals position.
I really don’t think you believe this roster is ready to seriously contend or even a year away from contending, do you? Especially in the division you’re in? Even you can’t be this optimistic.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I obviously must know better, because I don’t see his detractors coming forward with the fact that he has already indicated the style of coaching he would prefer. A TOUGH one who is dedicated to attention to detail. A major problem that Murray had was KK, and he’s gone.

Indicated where?

You can't use something like that for the foundation of your whole argument without referencing it. "I heard it from some random guy on Twitter" doesn't count.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I really don’t think you believe this roster is ready to seriously contend or even a year away from contending, do you? Especially in the division you’re in? Even you can’t be this optimistic.
I'm not that optimistic, but there is a path to the Cardinals being competitive within the next two years. It doesn't take THREE years to be competitive in the NFL if you have a competent player personnel department. I think you're too jaded from the bad fat man that you're not considering that if Ossenfort is a competent GM, this team could be competitive in 2024.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose