Dan Quinn

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinal fan complaining about the fashion he lost a prior Super Bowl, when the Super Bowl is not something this team remotely even gets too but a Cardinal fan is going to critique him there. Then people are trying to make a comparison to Vance Joseph, when one could argue he had the best defense in the NFL this year and it's not his fault he had a guy named Dak quarterbacking the other side of the ball. I am not too bullish on Quinn but some of the criticism of Dan Quinn here is hilarious
I've read a few posters on here that want unproven DC's as our new HC over this coach that got to a SB & is one of the best DC's in the NFL. Kind of laughable really. I'm not saying I want Dan Quinn, I'd rather have Sean Payton or Flores first, but to think a few want the Denver Broncos DC? That's hilarious & I would love to hear the reasons making him more qualified than Dan Quinn & please don't tell me who all he's worked under because Quinn has also.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Prefer an offensive minded coach (Reich or Payton) simply because the O is "more broken" than the D (but not by much). Although, watching the SF/Dallas game I was reminded that "defense wins championships"...
The dude knows defense for sure. Maybe he could find a Kyle Shanahan Jr for OC lol?

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Don’t know if he runs a 3/4 or a 4/3, don’t know if he can adjust his scheme to maximize the players talents, don’t know if he makes good adjustments during a game, but I thought both defenses were really good. So, the “unproven” guy from SF for your new HC or the guy with HC experience from Dallas. Hmmmm….

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s to the point all I want is an experienced head coach. We cannot go through another apprenticeship. We simply can’t.
I will go on record as saying if Dameco Ryans goes on to be a great coach, I will not blast Bidwill for going with experience.
In this case, one in the hand is worth WAY more than two in the bush.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've read a few posters on here that want unproven DC's as our new HC over this coach that got to a SB & is one of the best DC's in the NFL. Kind of laughable really. I'm not saying I want Dan Quinn, I'd rather have Sean Payton or Flores first, but to think a few want the Denver Broncos DC? That's hilarious & I would love to hear the reasons making him more qualified than Dan Quinn & please don't tell me who all he's worked under because Quinn has also.
Spot on.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don’t know if he runs a 3/4 or a 4/3, don’t know if he can adjust his scheme to maximize the players talents, don’t know if he makes good adjustments during a game, but I thought both defenses were really good. So, the “unproven” guy from SF for your new HC or the guy with HC experience from Dallas. Hmmmm….
I know. I've saw people wanting the DC for the Broncos & he's from England actually. I would love to hear how he's more qualified than Dan Quinn.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My updated HC order:
Payton
Flores
Quinn
I’d be fine with the other Coordinator candidates, but also believe we need someone at this juncture in time with HC experience. For me, having gone outside for a GM is a bigger plus for this organization than who we name as HC this time around. And I love the guy we hired away from Detroit to be our Assistant GM. Kudos to MO for that one.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My updated HC order:
Payton
Flores
Quinn
I’d be fine with the other Coordinator candidates, but also believe we need someone at this juncture in time with HC experience. For me, having gone outside for a GM is a bigger plus for this organization than who we name as HC this time around. And I love the guy we hired away from Detroit to be our Assistant GM. Kudos to MO for that one.
Chris Speilman says he's the smartest football evaluator he knows.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not reading too much into this as a "2nd interview".

I'd call it more 1.5. The first one was done remotely and we all know you can't properly engage with someone remotely. They were likely always going to get with him in a room unless he really blew the remote meeting.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Quinn has evolved his defense since his Seattle and Atlanta days. The one he ran in Dallas this year took advantage of the players that he had on defense and turned that defense into arguably one of the top 5 defenses in the league. That defense looked nothing like the Legion of Boom defense that he ran in Seattle.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Quinn has evolved his defense since his Seattle and Atlanta days. The one he ran in Dallas this year took advantage of the players that he had on defense and turned that defense into probably one of the top 5 defenses in the league. That defense looked nothing like the Legion of Boom defense that he ran in Seattle.
Dan Quinn may be the best option at unlocking Simmons. Not saying others can't, I just think he may be the best option to do so.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Shanahan carried this guy to a SB. This board should be smarter than this.
It's crazy to think how many NFC Championships Shanny has already coached in at his age.

I'm not on the Quinn train personally unless he drafted all of Dallas's DL and edge rush talent. He didn't draft them in Seattle either.

I'm more inclined with hiring an offensive mind like we did with Kliff. The theory then should be the same as it is now since the logic was sound. We just picked the wrong person.

You hire the offensive guru because then you can't lose him to the next team that makes him their coach. Shanny, McVay, LaFleur, Taylor, Andy Reid and many others seem to bear this out.

It makes no sense to me to snap wildly in the opposite direction. Especially when you have a mercurial enigma at QB like we do.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I would be ok with Quinn or Reich because they have past HC experience; not my top choices though. SP seems the best choice but at what cost is the decision that would have to be weighed against keeping the #3 overall pick.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
My updated HC order:
Payton
Flores
Quinn
Same, except after Payton I have Flores, Quinn and Reich equal. In Monti I trust. :koolaid:

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Same, except after Payton I have Flores, Quinn and Reich equal. In Monti I trust. :koolaid:
Question is who would Flores bring in as OC? Bienemy? I'd take that combo in a heartbeat. Who would Reich bring in as DC? Who would Quinn bring in as OC? I'd like to know all of this before I rank those 3 after Payton personally.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not reading too much into this as a "2nd interview".

I'd call it more 1.5. The first one was done remotely and we all know you can't properly engage with someone remotely. They were likely always going to get with him in a room unless he really blew the remote meeting.

But, they didn't say, 'hop a plane and come see us'. The Cards are giving him private plane treatment.