What are you watching?

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread on this... The Sinner. We've watched 3 seasons of it. Another obsessive compulsive detective. Good plots with surprising twists. Bill Pullman is excellent in this.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
4 episodes into Severance on AppleTV. Anyone watching this.

It stars Adam Scott and directed by Ben Stiller. Kubrick-esque in its unsettling quiet and minimalism.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's an Israeli spy drama I've been wanting to watch, Fauda, which is meant to be good.

I watched a French show The Bureau (brilliant, on par with Sopranos/Wire/Breaking Bad imho) and fans of that have recommended Fauda to me

Did you ever watch Fauda? I ran out of Nordic Noir so decided to check it out. I think it's damn good. Like an Israeli 24, dude is like Jack Bauer except he eats and sleeps... haha. Shows some of all sides of the story, Jews, Zionists, Palestinians, Hamas and ISIS. Not for those with weak stomach. Brutal in spots.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Did you ever watch Fauda? I ran out of Nordic Noir so decided to check it out. I think it's damn good. Like an Israeli 24, dude is like Jack Bauer except he eats and sleeps... haha. Shows some of all sides of the story, Jews, Zionists, Palestinians, Hamas and ISIS. Not for those with weak stomach. Brutal in spots.
Yeah I'm into the third series now

Really enjoying it

Also watched a Scandanavian series The Bridge. A joint Sweden-Denmark production. First episode a body gets found on the bridge between the two countries exactly on the border. Have only watched the first series so far

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah I'm into the third series now

Really enjoying it

Also watched a Scandanavian series The Bridge. A joint Sweden-Denmark production. First episode a body gets found on the bridge between the two countries exactly on the border. Have only watched the first series so far
Ah, that's the one the American version was based on. Cool.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black Bird on Apple. It’s pretty amazing through 4 episodes but ALL KINDS of f’ed up.

And The Rehearsal. Don’t read anything about it. Don’t watch a trailer. Just watch it. It is genius in every way. The kind of TV that makes a TV writer insanely jealous that they get to do something this amazing and bizarre.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Heh - I think he quit being a hippie and small time dealer as a teenager

Guy made a fortune on square grouper

Reminds me of when I was visiting an uncle in the Keys. We drove past a home that was taped off, had exotic cars visible on the lot, yacht and just a giant home.

He asked me if I could believe that the owner got all that from running a shrimp boat - when I responded that it was unlikely he said "yeah, the FBI & DEA didn't think so either"

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Talking with a buddy the other day about Lee Pace in Foundation reminded me of him being in Pushing Daisies so I picked it up. I'm about 9 episodes in and really enjoying it again. It's quirky and weird in the way that works for me. It's still a shame that this show was a victim of the writers strike.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried to watch Dahmer but can't make it through the 2nd epsiode it's just too creepy knowing it's true and he actually killed and ate people. The lead actor is really good he plays Dahmer so low key which is apparently how he was. But I just can't handle it knowing it's real.

I wound up watching all 3 episodes of Eat The Rich The Gamestop Saga on Netflix instead. Good, a bit campy in parts but pretty fascinating to see it all laid out. Also ultimate irony this group that was railing against the 1 percent and we're going to screw the hedge funds and a bunch of them ended up getting screwed by people they thought were part of their group but might have been running their own scam. At least some of them made big money I'm glad to see the little guy get ahead.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another gritty crime drama, but my wife and I love these shows - - Delhi Crime. Brutal murders in this series. Some of it is in English, but I need subtitles for everything now anyway so it doesn't bother me. Season 2 just dropped on Netflix.

Finished watching Entrapped, sequal to the first 2 seasons of Trapped.. Icelandic murder mysteries. Not as good as first 2 seasons, imo but worth the watch. I enjoy the characters a lot. That's what keeps me watching.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
And The Rehearsal. Don’t read anything about it. Don’t watch a trailer. Just watch it. It is genius in every way. The kind of TV that makes a TV writer insanely jealous that they get to do something this amazing and bizarre.
I personally enjoyed Nathan for You more...the Rehearsal was fascinating, but many conflicting feelings about the entire experiment.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's pretty emotional but Netflix has From Scratch out now my goodness what a great show. Well written well acted. 8 episodes and really good.

Always loved Zoe Saldana but she is so good in this show.

A female friend told me to watch and I first thought ok it's a "chick" show but I got sucked in too.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Somebody feed Phil on Netflix

About to jump into this
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone watched Borgen?

Danish political drama. Really enjoying it

Haven't seen that one. I see it's billed as a Danish House of Cards, but better. Next time I re-activate Netflix, I'll look for it.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone watched Borgen?

Danish political drama. Really enjoying it

yeah, it's good too.

Since I have to watch everything with subtitles anyway cuz I can't hear for beans anymore, another good one is
Ingobernable--- Mexican

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pokerface is Peacock’s first legit great show. Anyone who’s a fan of the Knives Out franchise will have fun with this. EP is the director of those movies and the show has his vibe down pat. Smart, light in its feet and just super entertaining

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2nd Season of The Outlaws dropped. Really a fun watch on Prime. Incredible mix of misfits with Christopher Walken leading the pack.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2nd Season of The Outlaws dropped. Really a fun watch on Prime. Incredible mix of misfits with Christopher Walken leading the pack.
We watched this a few months ago on Prime. We really enjoyed it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose