CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Sanders had further to go as he’s not your traditional rusher. I actually like that as he’ll present challenges to those trying to stop him that they won’t be used to seeing.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sanders had further to go as he’s not your traditional rusher. I actually like that as he’ll present challenges to those trying to stop him that they won’t be used to seeing.

I expected Sanders to be a gung ho rusher but he's smarter than that. He was surprisingly decent vs the run and keeping contain.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the latter, and though I was okay with the former pick, I didn't foresee either one doing much this season. Glad to be wrong for once. If only our idiot DC had played them more.
What's frustrating is that we saw good play, but they still weren't getting the lions share of snaps at the end of the season. Both should have been on the field for 60% of the snaps.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What's frustrating is that we saw good play, but they still weren't getting the lions share of snaps at the end of the season. Both should have been on the field for 60% of the snaps.
Well, like collins the year before what we don’t know is if they were blowing assignments too. That said, unlike the previous season, we weren’t headed for the playoffs so the end stretch of a lost season is a great time to get them more seasoned . . . unless you’re coaching to save your job. So I kinda get it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well, like collins the year before what we don’t know is if they were blowing assignments too. That said, unlike the previous season, we weren’t headed for the playoffs so the end stretch of a lost season is a great time to get them more seasoned . . . unless you’re coaching to save your job. So I kinda get it.
True, I can see that, but both gave a bit more of a spark when they were on the field. I blame Vance, he's the one who has consistently had this problem of not letting rookies play through struggles.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the latter, and though I was okay with the former pick, I didn't foresee either one doing much this season. Glad to be wrong for once. If only our idiot DC had played them more.
I think Sanders is going to be a consistent double digit sack guy. Maybe even elite if the breaks go his way.

Cam Thomas is ahead of Zach Allen at the same point of the career.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cardinals can resign Allen and then draft Anderson, they will now have a pretty good collection of pass rushers.
Yes. But I think we are all dreaming about Anderson. I can't fathom why the Bears would pass on him. Other than they are the Bears.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Sanders is going to be a consistent double digit sack guy. Maybe even elite if the breaks go his way.
He could be. He's very twitchy and seems to have instincts. It's going to be crazy three to four years down the road when people talk about how good Keim's last draft was.
Cam Thomas is ahead of Zach Allen at the same point of the career.
Agreed. Cam will ultimately play DL in the near future. Sanders and hopefully Anderson will be the OLBs.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes. But I think we are all dreaming about Anderson. I can't fathom why the Bears would pass on him. Other than they are the Bears.
I think a team is going to offer the Bears a trade they can't refuse. Too many QB needy teams.

If Anderson is gone, draft Carter and don't look back. He will create sacks for everyone else.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He could be. He's very twitchy and seems to have instincts. It's going to be crazy three to four years down the road when people talk about how good Keim's last draft was.

Agreed. Cam will ultimately play DL in the near future. Sanders and hopefully Anderson will be the OLBs.
I think having JJ Watt here for the last two seasons was huge for these guys.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a team is going to offer the Bears a trade they can't refuse. Too many QB needy teams.

If Anderson is gone, draft Carter and don't look back. He will create sacks for everyone else.
We would be in the spot for either Young or Stroud then. As much as I have been beating the drum for interior Dline for about a decade, we HAVE to listen to trade offers. If we get a Trey Lance type of offer, we gotta take it.

But Anderson or Carter, I would be happy with either.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

My concern with Sanders is scheme fit. Very slender, not particularly strong. Relies on speed.

If we go to a 4-3 (which I think is likely) I'm not sure how we use him. He's defo not a hand in the dirt DE.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
My concern with Sanders is scheme fit. Very slender, not particularly strong. Relies on speed.

If we go to a 4-3 (which I think is likely) I'm not sure how we use him. He's defo not a hand in the dirt DE.
I was actually pleasantly surprised that he held up as well as he did. He wasn't exactly getting blown off the ball.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
There is a LB at Ark whose name is actually Bumper Pool. I can only guess the names of his 2 brothers and well endowed sister, Corner Pocket, Eight Ball, and Rack Emupp.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose