2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, the picture of Sharpe is taken at home when he's trying to look his best. I'll put money on the guy who looks like this regularly, and he's a Kiwi to boot.

You must be registered for see images attach

There's a difference in football string and basketball strong. There's a reason basketball players are all talk. That's not even factoring the difference in a football mindset that initiates contact and a basketball mindset that complains to refs all game. Plus Sharpe knows how to take down big guys...lol.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a difference in football string and basketball strong. There's a reason basketball players are all talk. That's not even factoring the difference in a football mindset that initiates contact and a basketball mindset that complains to refs all game. Plus Sharpe knows how to take down big guys...lol.

A lot has to do with the stringent penalties involved in the NBA for throwing a punch relating back to the incident involving Rudy Tomjanovich.

Basketball players are plenty strong but due to the lack of protective gear, a lot more vulnerable.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bingo
Sharpe 1 on 1 would destroy, its a way different mindset. Adams may be an immovable object in the NBA but would be fodder to someone trained like football players are.
Adams would be brought to the ground in 3 seconds and cleanup would begin about 15 seconds later no doubt about it.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A lot has to do with the stringent penalties involved in the NBA for throwing a punch relating back to the incident involving Rudy Tomjanovich.

Basketball players are plenty strong but due to the lack of protective gear, a lot more vulnerable.
That was a horrible punch, I cant even watch that anymore and Rudy ran into it. ugh

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Adams would’ve ended a 54 year old man that’s had multiple surgeries since retiring from the NFL 20 years ago cmon lol. Shannon Sharpe didn’t block either.
Even at 54 you don't forget the wrestling, Judo, Sumo, ballet and all the other stuff they learn to sit people on the ground and keep them from doing the same.
I wouldn't want to see it and may be wrong but I would bet the house on it. If I had no choice.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
Even at 54 you don't forget the wrestling, Judo, Sumo, ballet and all the other stuff they learn to sit people on the ground and keep them from doing the same.
I wouldn't want to see it and may be wrong but I would bet the house on it. If I had no choice.

Thats what they don't understand it's about the technique they learn. Women learn self defense not to out muscle a much stronger man, they learn it to outsmart him.

One pin & it's a wrap in let's give'em 20 seconds...lol. I'd pay to watch...LMAO.

What would weak old me do to Adams? Go right for and hit him in his knees first with my watch in my hand.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Adams would’ve ended a 54 year old man that’s had multiple surgeries since retiring from the NFL 20 years ago cmon lol. Shannon Sharpe didn’t block either.
This argument is presently my favorite part of ASFN.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know there are exceptions to every rule, but there were football players afraid of Wilt Chamberlain. Muhammed Ali's camp put a quick halt to talk of Wilt and Ali squaring off. There's a famous picture of an NBA player picking up a chair to fend off Wilt.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know there are exceptions to every rule, but there were football players afraid of Wilt Chamberlain. Muhammed Ali's camp put a quick halt to talk of Wilt and Ali squaring off. There's a famous picture of an NBA player picking up a chair to fend off Wilt.

You think Ali was afraid of Wilt? Same Ali that fought Liston, Frazier, Foreman and Holmes? That Ali?

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We will wait till every available PF is gone, get the very last one available and then Monte will make him play shooting guard anyway.
#suns
Then in a month he will never come of the bench and my ulcer will grow.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What is the right move then?
Trade CP3 for Greta Vanvleet, trade DA and whatever/whoever else it takes to get the 1 pick next year.
Then tank to get the # 2 and 3 picks.
Learn how to say Wenbamama.
Have a 78 win season.
Win the Larry
Rinse and repeat.
Duh

Edit: This was of course a joke I know that stuff could never happen.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stats wise about 4-5 points better than Crowder, same rebounds and percentages. What he does have is some height/length we need, also more athletic than Crowder's stocky body.

Most importantly, is willingness to play off the bench and be a pro...but sounds like Kuz changed those plans.

Last edited: