Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Quinn is a guy that I was kind of meh on until I looked back at his coaching record and realized he has won quite a few ball games. Atlanta had a ton of draft misses that lead to a rapid decline in talent and onfield results.
They also lost their offensive coach. A .500 career guy named Kyler Shanahan.

But Quinn knows offensive football.

I think the thing with the DCs is that it feels like looking for a Leader of Men but not understanding that defensive coaches bring a philosophy that is usually “Win games 13-10.”

That’s a bigger turnover structurally than maybe we need?

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm happy we requested something with Quinn.

I think my head coaching interests are as follows:
1. Payton (heavily subject to draft compensation right now though)
2. Ryans
3. Quinn

4. Reich (just doesn't excite me but I won't be mad)

5. Flores (I'll have to have a nice glass of whiskey for this to go down smoothly but I can see the upside)
6. Evero (I am admittedly just basically clueless about this guy)

Miss me on VJ and Glenn.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm happy we requested something with Quinn.

I think my head coaching interests are as follows:
1. Payton (heavily subject to draft compensation right now though)
2. Ryans
3. Quinn

4. Reich (just doesn't excite me but I won't be mad)

5. Flores (I'll have to have a nice glass of whiskey for this to go down smoothly but I can see the upside)
6. Evero (I am admittedly just basically clueless about this guy)

Miss me on VJ and Glenn.
Evero is an exciting candidate man, but his issue is that he is so young that I'd question his ability to build an offensive staff.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The fact that he IS interviewing is a positive. In years past people like Bienemy and the Pittsburgh o-line coach wouldn't even do that.
Like I mentioned previously, it was reported Quinn is being very selective on who he interviews with, so I'd take this is a good sign as to what Mike has been doing with the FO.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I say we save the money by not hiring a head coach. Instead letś get a full size color cardboard cutout of Tom Landry and assign a guy to hide behind the cut out and walk him up and down the sideline every so often. Landry was expressionless, no one will notice that the cut out isn't him, dead or alive.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
After last nights performance maybe Gannon makes a push. I’m still not sure why Steichen hasn’t been requested.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
It appears that Bidwill and Ossenfort have decided to hire a defensive oriented coach to run the team, and we can only speculate on the reasons for this decision. Personally, I think a lot of it has to do with Murray. I think Kyler wore Kingsbury out and the Cardinals are determined to not let him do it again.

A head coach with a defensive backround is a little more insulated from the interactions with his quarterback and better able to run the whole team. He can hire the best OC possible and aid him in developing Kyler, without making the whole team about Kyler. This way, if Kyler shows improvement over the next two seasons, then great. But if he doesn't you move on.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It appears that Bidwill and Ossenfort have decided to hire a defensive oriented coach to run the team, and we can only speculate on the reasons for this decision. Personally, I think a lot of it has to do with Murray. I think Kyler wore Kingsbury out and the Cardinals are determined to not let him do it again.

A head coach with a defensive backround is a little more insulated from the interactions with his quarterback and better able to run the whole team. He can hire the best OC possible and aid him in developing Kyler, without making the whole team about Kyler. This way, if Kyler shows improvement over the next two seasons, then great. But if he doesn't you move on.

I think they are looking for strong leaders and strong characters despite background.

Maybe Steichen isn't in the frame because while he's a good offensive coordinator maybe they don't believe he has the leadership qualities to be a HC.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Ryans is the top of my list now and the rest are kind of all lumped into one big group because they all have warts.

1. Ryans. He has charisma and smarts. While he has only been a DC for two years he's been a known quantity for some time. Obviously the big issue is what his offensive staff will look like but he should be able to get a quality coordinator.

2a. Reich. He has won in the NFL and has a reputation for being good with QBs.

2b. Evero. Great reputation, but how would his offensive staff look? Would LaFleur be his guy?

2c. Quinn. He has won in the league, but the end of his time in Atlanta wasn't good and he couldn't get that team a championship.

2d. Flores. I think he's the guy who gets the job because of his personality. I think he is going to come in with the Patriots swagger and Mike and Monti will offer him the job. I know he issues at the end of his time in Miami, but he won with less. McDaniel for all the hoopla didn't win more games with significantly more talent.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose