Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oof I do not want Lafleur. I know too many Jets fans who thought his playcalling was brutal.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Oof I do not want Lafleur. I know too many Jets fans who thought his playcalling was brutal.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I didn't hate it. He used Breece Hall well along with Carter. Wilson had over 1000 yards receiving. Used a TE and RB in the passing game. 43% red zone with some questionable QBs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@BritCard How come you call people's arguments against your "Kyler is not good" take as making excuses for him but when you make similar arguments for Flores, you call it context?

Because it's 2 different things.

Context for Kyler would be saying he had a banged up O line in certain games. It becomes an excuse when you ignore he was also bad with a full strength O line, or he missed wide open guys while clean.

I'm not saying Flores is without fault. Just not the ones you keep mentioning. His record is actually pretty stellar considering what he had to work with. Not making the playoffs was out of his control. Lots of years 9-7 and 10-7 makes the playoffs.

I think he was probably too much stick and not enough carrot.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's the Rooney rule & there's no way Bidwill is forking out 20-25 million/year to Payton. The article I read from The Denver Post link yesterday said that's what his asking price is.
I'm not talking about Payton. Look at the list of candidates, and almost all of them are defensive coaches.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The #Cardinals requested an interview with #Cowboys DC Dan Quinn for their head coaching job, per source. No interview is scheduled with Arizona as of now. Quinn interviewed virtually Friday with the #Colts and in-person with the #Broncos, who have him high on their list.
I hear he’s being really selective and not just looking for a job, but the right job. He’s content, waiting until the best opportunity comes up. If he takes the interview, that’s a good thing, IMO.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another defensive coach...:grabs:

You must be registered for see images attach

Maybe we can just think of them as Head coach candidates rather the offensive or defensive? I don't see what difference it makes if they aren't calling plays.

Do we not think that Quinn, who has been in the NFL for decades, has an extensive knowledge of offensive football? He won't have a playbook, but he will deeply understand everything on the offensive side of the ball. He has to if he wants to be a good DC.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If Demeco Ryans leads to a Shanahan tree OC of our choosing I'm fine with that. And it sure seems like Demeco is our target. Maybe JJ stays on as a coach too.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I personally don't mind a defensive minded head coach, AS LONG AS, he brings a couple of real good offensive minded OC's, and qb coaches with him.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
was wondering the same thing about JJ
JJ talked about the idea-- saying he would like the on field stuff but no interest in watching film until 10pm

he said he could see him coaching high school

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe we can just think of them as Head coach candidates rather the offensive or defensive? I don't see what difference it makes if they aren't calling plays.

Do we not think that Quinn, who has been in the NFL for decades, has an extensive knowledge of offensive football? He won't have a playbook, but he will deeply understand everything on the offensive side of the ball. He has to if he wants to be a good DC.
I think you are spot on with your first sentence. When people nominated their first three choices for best coaches the ones that got the most votes were coaches with a background in defense

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Quinn is a guy that I was kind of meh on until I looked back at his coaching record and realized he has won quite a few ball games. Atlanta had a ton of draft misses that lead to a rapid decline in talent and onfield results.