Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sold on Ryans or any coordinator for SF for that matter. Ryans is no different than Salah. I think both their success is more attributed to the organization and head coach. Similar to the Patriots (Belichik) coaching tree. Most coaches that leave NE turn out bad.
I would definitely prefer both Flores and Reich to Ryans. The Cardinals can’t take a risk hiring a Coordinator. Both Flores and Reich have shown enough success as HC’s, that I would be excited to have either. Would LOVE to have them both in house!

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why are the Cardinals barely interested in offensive-minded head coach candidates? :bang: They're only interested in 2 offensive-minded head coach candidates (Payton and Reich) and seemingly a zillion defensive-minded head coach candidates at this time.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Okay Harry. Going on the assumption these two guys could/ would hire a competent staff who should the Cardinals hire as their head coach?
FLORES
RYAN
I guess Ryans but I’d really pass on both. It’s hard to believe as long as Kingsbury has struggled that Bidwill didn’t have the list already set. This business of Reich really throws me. I’ve seen the couple of plays they posted, but if you watched a full game they weren’t dynamic. I know there were QB issues, but all the problems weren’t just the QB. There are so many impressive offenses in the NFL and college and retread Reich is the best they can do on that side of the ball.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Russell Wilson has been contacting Sean Payton.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Kyler blowing it if he's not reaching out to him.
I bet the FO ain’t giving up any first rounders for Payton so this shouldn’t bother anybody.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
a Brian Flores + Greg Roman combo would be ok

I have always thought Roman was creative -- made both Alex Smith and Colin K work in SF
Greg Roman developed a highly functional offense around the limitations and potential of Lamar Jackson, and was once the toast of the league. I'm actually kinda shocked he's on the market. I happened to drop by and see a friend today, and when he told me Roman was gone, I immediately thought he'd be the best fit for the team, because Kyler can actually throw the ball, unlike Lamar.

I wouldn't be mad if he got a chance here.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why are the Cardinals barely interested in offensive-minded head coach candidates? :bang: They're only interested in 2 offensive-minded head coach candidates (Payton and Reich) and seemingly a zillion defensive-minded head coach candidates at this time.
Honestly, I'm burnt out on glorified offensive coordinators that have to call all of their own plays and ignore the other side of the ball, which is what Kliff was. Give me a leader of men, someone who knows how to delegate to his staff, and build a team.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Hollywood would have a meltdown.
Oh no! Our former first round receiver... that we traded a first round draft pick for... that had one barely 1,000 yard receiving year... that got less yards than DHop with three more games!

I don't really think it's Roman's scheme that hurt Hollywood, I think it's a lack of talent or effort.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess Ryans but I’d really pass on both. It’s hard to believe as long as Kingsbury has struggled that Bidwill didn’t have the list already set. This business of Reich really throws me. I’ve seen the couple of plays they posted, but if you watched a full game they weren’t dynamic. I know there were QB issues, but all the problems weren’t just the QB. There are so many impressive offenses in the NFL and college and retread Reich is the best they can do on that side of the ball.
Good lord… now I’m really confused. Why do I get the feeling Arron Glenn?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Why aren't we interviewing Chris Collinsworth? Wouldn't he be a great communicator for Murray? He is easy going and could be a big help in Murray understanding the passing game from the receiver's point of view.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good lord… now I’m really confused. Why do I get the feeling Arron Glenn?
I’m more impressed with how that Detroit defense came together the 2nd half of the season than I am of all the talent that Ryans has been handed. Sometimes the better coach is the guy who takes an awful defense and makes them good, as opposed to the coach who has a great defense because he was handed a great defense.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m more impressed with how that Detroit defense came together the 2nd half of the season than I am of all the talent that Ryans has been handed. Sometimes the better coach is the guy who takes an awful defense and makes the good, as opposed to the coach who has a great defense because he was handed a great defense.
I’m more dejected about another coordinator starting his apprenticeship.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Heard QB Pickett from Steelers was talking up Flores, saying that he was influential in helping him with his 2 minute offense. Steelers won a few games down the stretch because of that 2 minute offense. Kliff was here 4 years & his 2 minute offensive calls were awful. Whatever little success we had was Murray putting on his Superman cape & being forced to use his legs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave