Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Play creativity means absolute d-ck if the players aren’t executing for whatever reason (lack of talent, focus, effort, discipline, etc). There’s nothing super-creative about Shanahan or someone like Arians. They just run the ball down your throat and then beat ya long when the defense has their eyes in the backfield.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That dude did more with less than a hell of a lot of coaches could in this league.

I’m actually starting to really warm up to this idea and hoping it happens (mostly because Payton is a long shot). He’s got HC experience, has a Super Bowl ring as OC, has won and been around winning franchises his entire career all the way back to Buffalo.

We could (and probably will) do a lot worse than Reich.
Exactly. He should have enough contacts to put together a decent staff as well.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Why do offenses have to be unique or creative?

What was creative or unique about any of the Pats superbowl winning offenses? Or the Eagles superbowl winning offense? Or, about 29 of the 32 offenses in the league.

We have to get away from this idea that you need a Shannahan, McVay, McDaniels type offensive mind. That what led them down the path with Kingsbury.
Too easy to game plan Against. The only way you win is if you consistently have the best personnel. That’s very hard to do.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too easy to game plan Against. The only way you win is if you consistently have the best personnel. That’s very hard to do.

As Mao said. Execution is more important than design.

As I showed above there's plenty of good design in Reichs plays. His offenses have finished 10th, 19th, 12th and 13th despite a revolving door at QB and not much at WR.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
;
Another defensive guy...Successful as a player, too. Is Payton really the only offensive coach we know of, other than Reich?

I’m stunned they’ve only scheduled 1 offensive guy with most of the team’s assets on that side of the ball plus the team’s biggest conundrum. Not counting unscheduled Payton.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why are we interviewing the Lions DC for HC position. Lions defense was terrible most of year if I recall

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't get interviewing Aaron Glenn unless we still haven't satisfied the Rooney Rule or something... which is a bummer for him.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
=
;

I’m stunned they’ve only scheduled 1 offensive guy with most of the team’s assets on that side of the ball plus the team’s biggest conundrum. Not counting unscheduled Payton.
Unless Bidwill's plan was either get Payton or Reich (established HC's) or go with a defensive guy to bring in structure and toughness. However, the OC will be someone from Kliff's staff. Such as Whipple.

I mean Keim (Bidwill?) forced Vance on Kliff. So you never know.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
MB must have watched Lions Hard Knocks and thought all the screaming and cursing Glenn and the other guy did was the way you lead men, or just bite their kneecaps could be the mantra for 2023

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just feel like Reich is the guy , based on the above comments , Bidwills affinity for the known and to be honest Reich would be a good fit.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Reichs initial staff included : Sirianni, Eberflus and Gannon.

Bad news they’re all head coaches now. So I guess the jury is still out .

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Possible that Aaron Glenn is part of the "acclerator" programme which MB touched on at his press conference.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Honestly anyone would be better than who we had. That alone is a win. Go cards.
You would be surprised at how much worse it can get. If Kyler really has stopped caring since he signed his contract the next coach isn't going to get an 8-8 or 11-6 season in his tenure.