Cardinals looking to trade Hopkins in offseason

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hollywood is good, I don't think he is close to being as good as Hopkins currently is. I'm starting to doubt that he's as good as Christian Kirk.

Look at it this way.

The board complained for years that Kirk was a JAG. There are LOADS of comments on here saying he was a decent WR3 at best. And now you think he's actually good.

The reason for that is because the offense either sucked, or did not use him right.

Now apply that same idea to Hollywood Brown.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Look at it this way.

The board complained for years that Kirk was a JAG. There are LOADS of comments on here saying he was a decent WR3 at best. And now you think he's actually good.

The reason for that is because the offense either sucked, or did not use him right.

He's only been a Jag for a year.

;)

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we trade Dhop, I think we can get a 2nd, possibly a 1st. The WR free agents this off-season will be thin and he would be on many teams wish list.

Regarding about Brown, Dhop, etc. I believe Kliff offense was too predictable and uneventful, and a new coach and philosophy will do wonders for our receiving Corp.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Yeah look at their salary cap situation...
Hopkins likely will have to go to a contender who sees him as the missing piece to taking the next step. That’s what diminishes what you can get for him. I’d hope for a major training camp injury. The good thing is the draft and free agency are light on top receivers.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hopkins likely will have to go to a contender who sees him as the missing piece to taking the next step. That’s what diminishes what you can get for him. I’d hope for a major training camp injury. The good thing is the draft and free agency are light on top receivers.

WHY? (if it's, as you say, their missing piece)

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Look at it this way.

We've seen Kirk and Brown perform outside the cardinals and we've seen them in Kliff's offense.

Kirks year with the jags this year is better than anything Hollywood did with the Ravens.

Comparing them in Kliffs offense, Brown this year felt like a step down from Kirk last year. It's hard to say for sure, but it seemed like Brown has worse hands and got less separation. Of course Kyler was extremely inaccurate this year so that is probably clouding things along with Brown's injuries.

This board, myself included, underrated Kirk because he wasn't a true game changer like Hopkins or prime AJ Green. I'm not sure Hollywood is a game changer either. I struggle to see him filling the void left by Hopkins. It would be really cool if he did though.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Hollywood is good, I don't think he is close to being as good as Hopkins currently is. I'm starting to doubt that he's as good as Christian Kirk.
I think we all underestimated Christian Kirk.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we trade Dhop, I think we can get a 2nd, possibly a 1st. The WR free agents this off-season will be thin and he would be on many teams wish list.

Regarding about Brown, Dhop, etc. I believe Kliff offense was too predictable and uneventful, and a new coach and philosophy will do wonders for our receiving Corp.
A new coach will do wonders for the entire offense, especially Kyler Murray.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
We didn’t underestimate Kirk, he just got a massive contract from the Jags. No way we could have paid him 18 mil per year. 12-13 of course.
also possible (likely) other scouting departments are much smarter than our scouting department and they see treasures where Keim and his lackey idiots saw trash or mediocrity.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its probably bad to part with Hopkins regardless of who we hire, but if he wants out he's gone.

I don't think we have much choice. And shedding his cap hit and using the pick to get a young stud WR makes too much sense.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Personally I'd try to keep him especially if Sean Payton is hired. Wonder if they can get a second and a lower pick. I don't see anybody parting with a first. NE likely in the mix
LOL that moron Bears fan thinking they can get him for a 4 and a 5

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson