some themes i found interesting:

Owner -- GM -- HC -- completely aligned and a collaborative approach

Ego will not be tolerated

Sustainable success

they are basically mom and apple pie, but it tells you what wasnt happening

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At least he didn’t say he looks at team captains as a trait when drafting a player

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Sounds like he has a plan - from the coaches, to players, to equipment managers, to the kitchen staff. I believe that is the same message from Brian Flores (one of Brit's videos he posted today). Must be a Patriot thing.

He is definitely not comfortable in that setting - wonder how that translates into a room of 52 grown men/millionaires.

He said no ego - that could be several different people across the org. Keim, Kyler, players, etc.

Brian Flores seems to have an ego based on the interview I mentioned above. He was asked what he would have done differently (looking back at time in Miami) and he said nothing. He has his way and that's that. Paraphrasing of course. Tomlin's interview was the opposite of that IMO, which is why he has been successful for years.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Press conference also streaming here: https://arizonasports.com/listen-live/

Says interview is scheduled with Vance Joseph, casting a wide net for other candidates...
Mentioned they would be interviewing those that they have been granted permission to interview...both from teams in the playoffs and still employed (that's Payton).

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
some themes i found interesting:

Owner -- GM -- HC -- completely aligned and a collaborative approach

Ego will not be tolerated

Sustainable success

they are basically mom and apple pie, but it tells you what wasnt happening
So weekly teams meeting with GM and Coach separately and Bidwill will be the middle men. Good luck.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
big picture observation:

he strikes me as a "process, system and management" guy vs. a bunch of individual contributors in evaluating players

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Sounds like he has a plan - from the coaches, to players, to equipment managers, to the kitchen staff. I believe that is the same message from Brian Flores (one of Brit's videos he posted today). Must be a Patriot thing.

He is definitely not comfortable in that setting - wonder how that translates into a room of 52 grown men/millionaires.

He said no ego - that could be several different people across the org. Keim, Kyler, players, etc.

Brian Flores seems to have an ego based on the interview I mentioned above. He was asked what he would have done differently (looking back at time in Miami) and he said nothing. He has his way and that's that. Paraphrasing of course. Tomlin's interview was the opposite of that IMO, which is why he has been successful for years.
I thought he did fine after the 1st couple of questions. He didn't seem to fumble his words or need to backtrack on anything he said.