Cardinals Hire Titans' Monti Ossenfort as New GM

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Question...Who was the panel of Cards execs? Could it be that Mike has talked to AW and Harris about keeping them and having them work under another GM for perspective and more experience?

Was McDonough possibly involved?

You must be registered for see images attach

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I would put out feelers to explore the interest and make sure I close the deal

I would find a way to make it work. It's mostly about $ so be willing put my $ where my mouth is to take this franchise to the next level
No. No you wouldnt.

You would like to think you would. Makes Mike look incompetent, or cheap, or like he doesnt really care. If he didnt succeed he obviously didnt do whatever it takes.

But some things just cannot get done.
In business and sports there is occasionally this thing called loyalty and often rivalries run emotions high.
Dude in san fran is next in line to be their GM. An organization he knows, staffed with people he cares about, supporting a team he helped build in a city where his kids love their school and friends and his wife loves her job and the family home.
How much money would it take to make the man sacrifice all of that to go to a hated division rival , one of the historically worst run teams in the league, just to clean up steve keims mess so he has a chance to beat his current team twice a year?

Money is no object, so how much would you offer? What qualifies as doing what it takes?
8 million? 12 million? 15?
Sometimes. They just aint coming here no matter how bad you want them to.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
When BB was hired MANY NE fans said the same thing in your original post.
Being unsure about someone due to lack of knowledge isn’t the same as not wanting them. More of a wait and see stance. There were other guys that seemed more appealing on the surface but I’m more than willing to give him a shot. Not stomping my feet by any means

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No. No you wouldnt.

You would like to think you would. Makes Mike look incompetent, or cheap, or like he doesnt really care. If he didnt succeed he obviously didnt do whatever it takes.

But some things just cannot get done.
In business and sports there is occasionally this thing called loyalty and often rivalries run emotions high.
Dude in san fran is next in line to be their GM. An organization he knows, staffed with people he cares about, supporting a team he helped build in a city where his kids love their school and friends and his wife loves her job and the family home.
How much money would it take to make the man sacrifice all of that to go to a hated division rival , one of the historically worst run teams in the league, just to clean up steve keims mess so he has a chance to beat his current team twice a year?

Money is no object, so how much would you offer? What qualifies as doing what it takes?
8 million? 12 million? 15?
Sometimes. They just aint coming here no matter how bad you want them to.

State of the franchise. No person with an option would never touch this franchise.

Does anyone know who is the next Bidwill who will take charge? Pinning my hopes on that person.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Question...Who was the panel of Cards execs? Could it be that Mike has talked to AW and Harris about keeping them and having them work under another GM for perspective and more experience?

Was McDonough possibly involved?

Monti met with
1. The owner of the Arizona Cardinals
2. The chairman of the Arizona Cardinals
and
3. The president of the Arizona Cardinals

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m strictly wait and see. Like I said none of us know a damn thing about the guy truly other than his work history in generic terms. He’s clearly respected around the NFL based on comment being tweeted. I’m also sure He wasn’t the guy who made the decision to trade AJ Brown I’m quite certain. So I’m not gonna penalize him for it.

I’m just glad this organization has someone new at the helm and will likely be headed in a different direction and mindset as long as MB can keep his nose out of it. We can only hope.
I read that he has 3 masters degrees, I really don't know how that translates to a football field but I'll take it lol. Wonder how many Keim had?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It has only been 40 years for the O-line. Probably only PA Card and I remember the Dierdorf days
:)
Dierdorf was a pure stud & nasty as hell. Awful announcer, but phenomenal football player. The Cardinals had GREAT OL’s all through the 60’s & 70’s. Defense mostly killed us even though Wilson & Wehrli were great!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Silly to you, but not to me

We're taking about taking the reins of one of the most inept franchises in the history of the NFL

I want the top guy and I'd be willing to wait
It's simply an opinion as to who is the top guy. If you're talking about Adam Peters then I thought he would be a good choice also. I just thought about someone building us that same type of DL they have. As soon as I heard or read that he declined us or all interviews, I moved on. It's hard to say who the best GM will be, the guy we hired seems solid to me. A high school football coach would've been more solid than Keim lol.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings. The years he was director of college scouting for the Patriots were the worst drafts of the Belichick era. The Titans drafts from 2020-2022 also kinda sucked.

At the same time its really hard to put blame on him for that; it's not like he was general manager in either of those spots. Overall the Titans/Patriots are well run organizations and its cool to get someone who learned from them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first hire outside the organization at the GM position in over 20 years has garnered… 11 pages worth of posts.

Not exactly the kind of move that seems to needed to blow the doors off the fan base about the future.

But, neither was Arians, and… he was bald too, I guess?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Has to be better than our last outside GM hire
Just hope MB is sure to 'come and talk to' him.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see the changes he makes in his immediate circle.

I'd venture that Harris is gone. He saw himself as the heir apparent to Keim. I'll guess that AW stays and wouldn't be surprised to see Grigson receiving a promotion.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Seems like our new GM would know all the players very well, especially when it comes to FA. I assume he will be better at signing older players and knowing who to avoid, who is washed up, and who is a good bargain and worth going after. Let´s hope so.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings. The years he was director of college scouting for the Patriots were the worst drafts of the Belichick era. The Titans drafts from 2020-2022 also kinda sucked.

At the same time its really hard to put blame on him for that; it's not like he was general manager in either of those spots. Overall the Titans/Patriots are well run organizations and its cool to get someone who learned from them.
Hiring assistant front office people is about who they’ve worked for and how they interviewed. New England especially is known for Bill being borderline psychotic/paranoid about his own people knowing anything. They work they’re butts off and may have 0% input in decisions.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
with NE its so hard to separate the Belichick HC effect vs personnel

that said:

here is their depth chart this year: https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots

i think Judon is the only high $ free agent on defense -- and their defense is quite good

on offense -- their o-line is all home made

the one blind spot NE has in WRs. ugh

But also they only drafted 4 WR's in the top 3 rounds in the last 15 years. That's got to be the least in the league.

Harry in the very late 1st. a 2nd rounder and two 3rds. And all were late in their rounds.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose