OT: Wild Card weekend. 1/14/23-1/16/23

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
There’s no getting around paying your QB. The sad reality is that the Cardinals blew their opportunity to build a balanced roster while Kyler was on the cheap. On top of poor drafting, we had a bozo coaching staff that failed to develop the few good players that we did draft.
This is correct. The rosters the last few years should’ve been so much better.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
You could argue that, but I got a feeling you’re gonna be able to woulda, coulda, shoulda with Tua/Lamar’s availability for the majority of the rest of their careers.

And even though I bang on the mental aspect of Kyler’s game a lot, I think the physical issues are going to be the main reason I think we’re screwed the same way the Ravens and Dolphins are. Well, no. We’re actually screwed MUCH MORE because neither of those teams committed themselves to their oft-injured QBs to the tune of a quarter Billion dollars.
This is where I stand too. I think Kyler’s mental stuff will be easily fixed assuming we make a good hire. Not sure how we get past the injuries though.

Also confusing but not surprising considering who the decision-makers were that we allocated no late round draft capital into backup QB either knowing the above.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is where I stand too. I think Kyler’s mental stuff will be easily fixed assuming we make a good hire. Not sure how we get past the injuries though.

Also confusing but not surprising considering who the decision-makers were that we allocated no late round draft capital into backup QB either knowing the above.
Yop.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does everyone remember one year ago today? Probably not exactly to the day, but the Cards Rams was the Monday Night playoff game. What a nightmare! I don’t know why, but I was holding out hope the struggling cards would right the ship in the playoffs like 2008 Super Bowl team. Boy was I mistaken.
I was bowling in my Monday Night league & was on pace for a nice 700 series. I was taping the game at home & was doing my best to not see the score. Then one of my teammates told me we were down 21-0. I then proceeded to miss a 10 pin & threw 2 splits in a row. That was that. I had almost zero hope we would win that game, but it was still a brutally awful night.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was bowling in my Monday Night league & was on pace for a nice 700 series. I was taping the game at home & was doing my best to not see the score. Then one of my teammates told me we were down 21-0. I then proceeded to miss a 10 pin & threw 2 splits in a row. That was that. I had almost zero hope we would win that game, but it was still a brutally awful night.
See, it was so bad it inflicted damage far beyond the football field!

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
True but I think it's also their realization that as long as Lamar is their QB it doesn't make a ton of sense to spend money on WR's because they're going to be a run based offense that uses the TE's in the passing game. Their leading WR had only 48 catches this year.

Also people keep ignoring that they took Rashod Bateman in the first round 2 years ago, they drafted Hollywood's replacement so that's another reason they traded him. Bateman got hurt this year and so far it's not clear if he's a viable replacement or not but it made sense for them to not give him a big contract just replace him with a guy on a rookie contract.
I wish we could have done the same. Ravens are building the team in the right way, we are the cute way.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish we could have done the same. Ravens are building the team in the right way, we are the cute way.

We tried to draft Kirk's replacement with Rondale but he got hurt and I think they also decided with D Hop out for 6 weeks, they needed a guy who could play #1 for 6 games.

I love D Hop don't wish him ill will, if he wants to be traded I'm ok with it, but I do think without him being suspended it's far less likely we made the Hollywood deal

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Parsons hurt on last meaningless play of the half, does not look good.

No chance in the tournament without him