Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't remember Alex Stivrins. He played in 10 games and a whopping 35 minutes all season. So it's no wonder I don't remember him. Always curious how those guys feel about being involved or forgotten when they do these reunions. He didn't contribute on the floor. At least he managed to make the tweet about the reunion though!

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I don't remember Alex Stivrins. He played in 10 games and a whopping 35 minutes all season. So it's no wonder I don't remember him. Always curious how those guys feel about being involved or forgotten when they do these reunions. He didn't contribute on the floor. At least he managed to make the tweet about the reunion though!
I was laughing out loud and started singing the Sesame Street song, "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong."

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was laughing out loud and started singing the Sesame Street song, "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong."

Dude was cut twice that season. Waived at the beginning of the year and signed back on 2 10 day deals and then let go after them. His stat totals for the season was like an below average Barkley game. 11-18 from the field, 22 points, 8 boards, 1 steal, 1 block, 1 assist, and 5 turnovers.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I’ve never heard of him either lol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A more positive note, I'm glad Richard Dumas will be there. That likely points to him being in a good place mentally and in control of his life. Always loved him as a player and of course it sucks he couldn't get clean when he had the opportunity to be a perennial all star but I'm glad his story didn't end as so many others have with an early demise.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone agree that once the injured players come back, which is not far off, the Suns will claw back into a higher spot? Timing and the parity in the standings work in their favor.

IF we can somehow get healthy, yes, this is still a top 4 roster in the West, I think they will make a run. But the health feels like a big IF right now.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
As for Paul, I'm not really interested in seeing him on the court again until the playoffs, where his slowness is less of a problem. He'll play again this regular season, because of his star status...and probably injure himself again.
Probably on MLK day. I'm thinking Paul will want to play and get injured once again.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
does anyone else find it odd that we are running the same offense even though it is Shamet and Lee running pick and rolls instead of Booker and CP?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anyone else find it odd that we are running the same offense even though it is Shamet and Lee running pick and rolls instead of Booker and CP?
Not really. I wouldn't think that's the kind of thing you'd change in midseason. Other than perhaps simplifying some things I doubt they'd change much for our new rotation.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Statistics like that indicate a strong possibility that the injuries have strengthened the deep bench by forcing it to gain experience. It's battle-tested and, by end of season, will be probably as good as it could get with its limited talent.

Meanwhile Ayton and Bridges...nevermind...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Statistics like that indicate a strong possibility that the injuries have strengthened the deep bench by forcing it to gain experience. It's battle-tested and, by end of season, will be probably as good as it could get with its limited talent.

The question is will the Suns be in a relevant position (in regard to standings) where a stronger bench will help them. So much depends on the starters being healthy and the franchise adding a key player.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave