Cardinals Hire Titans' Monti Ossenfort as New GM

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Looks like I will be typing in this abbreviation a lot over the next 5 or so years: MO

Can he drink me under the table? I really want to know.

We interviewed Brian Flores IIRC back when we hired Arians. He may have lingered in the brain of the worst owner in the NFL.

What rhymes with Ossenfort? I literally had to add it to my spellcheck dictionary. #OSSENFORTTIME! #BIRDCITYOSSENFORT

I'll keep thinking about it.
The generic 'MO' is probably already in place I would imagine lol

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Looks like I will be typing in this abbreviation a lot over the next 5 or so years: MO

Can he drink me under the table? I really want to know.

We interviewed Brian Flores IIRC back when we hired Arians. He may have lingered in the brain of the worst owner in the NFL.

What rhymes with Ossenfort? I literally had to add it to my spellcheck dictionary. #OSSENFORTTIME! #BIRDCITYOSSENFORT

I'll keep thinking about it.
Actually, sounds like one of those contacts from your movies Indy

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Per se.

Unnecessary duplication and correlation at this point. Changes, if they come, will be after the draft. IMO.
Thanks for the correction lol

That being said I can’t imagine a guy getting his first lead gig and leaning on the staff of the guy who he’s replacing.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why does everyone assume it crosses off Payton? Has Payton ever said he wanted both hats?

no but to me he would definitely want input. It's why I never thought we'd get Payton in the first place because unless we hired him first, or he had some pre agreed package deal with a gm, we'd have a hard time hiring both at the same time.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually like Flores, I think he's done a good job. There are some issues relating to stuff he said about Miami that might not have been accurate(can't tell) but I think he was a good coach. I think the current Dolphins are good largely because of him, the GM, and they added Tyreek Hill. But he mainly turned that team around.

If you said you can hire any coach you want, he wouldn't be my first choice, but I do think he'd be a good coach. The OC would be a big hire decision.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Hey guys....

Keim is no longer the GM anymore. That's good enough for me.
For me too. They went outside the organization, which is what I wanted. I really don't know these GM guys, so I don't know if it's a great hire, a terrible hire, or somewhere in the middle. We shall see.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
no but to me he would definitely want input. It's why I never thought we'd get Payton in the first place because unless we hired him first, or he had some pre agreed package deal with a gm, we'd have a hard time hiring both at the same time.
To play devils advocate here - both Houston and Denver all ready have GMs and they are very much in the hunt for Payton.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seem fine with the hire. Would be thrilled if he brings the nasty, physical mentality with the rebuild of the lines of scrimmage similar to what the Titans have had
It will be weird to see a Cards team that has decent lines like an above average NFL team...I don't think I'm prepared for that.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the correction lol

That being said I can’t imagine a guy getting his first lead gig and leaning on the staff of the guy who he’s replacing.

I can see changes at senior management and coaching levels, but scouts can be dealt with after the draft.

With a hundred days or so before the draft and oodles to do between now and then, there really isn't any option but to lean on the work and workers in place.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose