Cardinals Hire Titans' Monti Ossenfort as New GM

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Is he? What personnel decisions have been attributed to him, or what stands out personnel-wise from his time with NE or tenn? Not being snarky, but those aren’t two organizations I typically think of when I think next level personnel organizations. Wonder what makes this guy stick out…
With personnel guys, you always get the resume and the positions they've been in and a quick blurb about what people think of him.

Ossenfort is well thought of in the NFL.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Is he? What personnel decisions have been attributed to him, or what stands out personnel-wise from his time with NE or tenn? Not being snarky, but those aren’t two organizations I typically think of when I think next level personnel organizations. Wonder what makes this guy stick out…
with NE its so hard to separate the Belichick HC effect vs personnel

that said:

here is their depth chart this year: https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots

i think Judon is the only high $ free agent on defense -- and their defense is quite good

on offense -- their o-line is all home made

the one blind spot NE has in WRs. ugh

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't know much on this guy will read up on him

Hoping he talks Bidwill Into another hc instead of vjoseph lol and he makes good other fa draft ideas.

420 bong rip to a fingers crossed on good gm career... only time will tell

Gooooo cards

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
i dont get this

the Titans records prior to this year's 7-10:

12-5, 11-5, 9-7, 9-7, 9-7

its not like he came from the Jets
Well, they also played in the AFC south, so they were starting from a likely 4-2 or better division record from Jump Street. Congrats.

Part of the galaxy-brained group that traded AJ Brown for magic beans last year.

Has there been a Pats exec hire who didn’t bring a ton of palace intrigue and drama with him? Get your popcorn ready.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently someone doesn't like this hiring.

BTW, has there ever been a "journalist" this bad at writing a coherent thought?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love all the “I don’t know a thing about this guy so I’m pretty meh on the hiring”
Lol

Like anyone here has true great insight to all the folks in the NFL working under the GM level waiting for their chance. SMH

I also love all the “I’m so glad Mikey didn’t hire from within” from many of the same folks whom have stated Mikey was a fool for not promoting the guy (from within) that left to tampa bay and won a damn SB.

It never is dull around here that’s for sure.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently someone doesn't like this hiring.

BTW, has there ever been a "journalist" this bad at writing a coherent thought?

He thinks Monti is qualified.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
He seems like a solid choice. I appreciate the fact that we interviewed Ian Cunningham, who was with Philadelphia and Baltimore, Joe Hotiz, who was with Baltimore, and Ossenfort, who was with New England and Tennessee, and we settled on Ossenfort. Time will tell, but I'm glad we went outside the organization and looked at multiple, qualified candidates.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I love all the “I don’t know a thing about this guy so I’m pretty meh on the hiring”
Lol

Like anyone here has true great insight to all the folks in the NFL working under the GM level waiting for their chance. SMH

I also love all the “I’m so glad Mikey didn’t hire from within” from many of the same folks whom have stated Mikey was a fool for not promoting the guy (from within) that left to tampa bay and won a damn SB.

It never is dull around here that’s for sure.
I don’t know how you define “meh” but if you don’t know much about him it seems appropriate. I can neither get excited about a guy who comes from one organization where the success can heavily be attributed to the coach and QB and another organization where I can’t think of any sterling personnel move outside of drafting AJ Brown, whom they subsequently traded. But I’m also not mad becasue they went outside the organization and at least he’s coming from pedigree of two winning organizations. Leads me to “meh.”

Now that you’re done laughing at other posters about their feelings about the hire, what’s your feelings? And why?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave