Draft Prospects you Really Like even though Cards Would Never Take Them

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I really like Bryan Branch, the Alabama Safety who can also play CB. I wish this was a year we could afford or need to take him. What a flexible group of DB corp we would have with a player like that.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Bijan Robinson.

The very rare, true all purpose every down running back. Dude runs routes so well and has such good ball skills he can play WR.

You would have to ask Smelly, but iirc the last time we had a back like that even close to his prime we went to the super bowl.

Tweet kurt warner and ask him if there was a greatest show on turf without Marshall Faulk.

Edge James, Marshall Faulk, Marcus Allen.... thats what Bijan Robinson is.
Run, catch, pass block... 25-30 touches a game.... use him up for 6 years and let him go.... and he is a home grown prospect from Tuscon Arizona.

But the cards passed on Adrian Peterson for Levi Brown.... and the available options this year are far superior to Levi Brown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bijan Robinson.

The very rare, true all purpose every down running back. Dude runs routes so well and has such good ball skills he can play WR.

You would have to ask Smelly, but iirc the last time we had a back like that even close to his prime we went to the super bowl.

Tweet kurt warner and ask him if there was a greatest show on turf without Marshall Faulk.

Edge James, Marshall Faulk, Marcus Allen.... thats what Bijan Robinson is.
Run, catch, pass block... 25-30 touches a game.... use him up for 6 years and let him go.... and he is a home grown prospect from Tuscon Arizona.

But the cards passed on Adrian Peterson for Levi Brown.... and the available options this year are far superior to Levi Brown
Uh David Johnson wasn’t that long ago…

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Pre-injury he put up:
1,239 rushing
879 receiving
In a single season.
Dj was an awesome back. I loved the dude. But he was an awesome back that had one amazing year.

When he put up that amazing year.... how many blitzes did he pick up?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I’ll go find that stat :rolleyes:
DJ was a really good back,...and he wasnt a terrible blocker either. For that one season, and arguably another...he was a franchise back. But IMO, he got addicted to the endorphins when he rehabbed his injury...became a weight room junky, lost his quickness and flexibility,...hell even some of his want to...and dude was never the same after.

in his 5 years with us he posted 5300 combined yards and 48 touchdowns...with the bulk being in 16 and 18

washed up edge gave us 4300 total yards and 16 TD's in 3 years
but when you switch to edges first five years, you see 6000 combined yards and 52 TD's

Faulk had 8400 yds and 53 TDs his first five years, I was surprised when Indy traded him so they could draft James. Then Faulk actually got better his first few years with the rams

Josh Jacobs, who everyone dogged the raiders for picking in the first... has posted 5300 combined yards and 40 TDs in his first 4 seasons

IMO we need that kind of back. a guy who will consistently produce around 1100 on the ground, another 4-600 through the air...10-15 TDs a season, and can stay in and protect the quarterback.

they dont come along very often. a guy who can get 1200 on the ground and 200 air yards is fairly easy.. but with the former, the defense doesnt know what you are gonna do based on personnel.
an all around back disguises your intent on offense. IMO, Bijan Robinson is one of those guys

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I agree with Oaken1, Robenson would change a lot of things in a positive way for us. It would even get our OL, whoever is there, pumped up blocking for such a stud. It would open up the mid-field some more for passing, would make the screen pass a feared and dynamic weapon for your offense, would remove the need for KM to run as much as he seems to find the need to, and provide a big body blocker in the backfield to protect KM when needed.

When evaluating the importance of any drafted player, we always should look at the many ways he will make others on your team better and elevate the play of the whole team, not just fill one position of need.

I would have no problem with us drafting Robinson after trading back somewhere at least in the teens. Remember that you will still be picking up that extra high R2 pick to still get the type of player you passed on in taking Robinson, whether it be CB, OL, or DL. Or the option of packaging that extra R2 with another to move back up near where you were to still grab that R1 player you originally wanted.

This draft could be so much fun.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave