OT: Wild Card weekend. 1/14/23-1/16/23

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Do you ever get tired of being proven hilariously wrong?

What Lawrence showed tonight is EXACTLY why a playoff quitter like Kyler gets so much negativity thrown his way.
A couple of things.
1. Chargers defense vs. Super Bowl Rams defense....lol
2. Doug Pederson vs Kliff Kingsbury
3. Did you not see the opening quote about how Lawrence said its Pederson who helped instill confidence in him which is something he was struggling with. Kliff took it to the half with two timeouts? or 3?

Jags down 27 played for points at the end of the half.

That was a masterclass in 2nd half adjustments.

Kudos to Lawrence. All time great win.

In fairness to PAC and others..context.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Another Head Coaching spot just opened up
Nope it’s already filled, Payton will undoubtedly be hired!!! It’s unfortunately the Cardinal way. Lol

I told my wife when then Jags scored to make it 27-7 Staley would choke just like he always does.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only interesting game of the WC round is over. And it was a good one!

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kirk dominating tonight.

Still can't believe we gave up a 1st rounder for Hollywood

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mike Williams sure would have helped in this game. Staley 100% deserves to be fired.

We, however, don't deserve to watch Vance Joseph attempt to coach this team, bit it looks like that is where we are headed. Can't wait for the coaching search in 2024!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A lot of credit goes to the Jags D that kept them within striking distance all night. Very different than VJ’s defense last year against the Rams in the playoffs when they marched up and down the field at will on every single possession.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What’s going under the waters is that Herbert played mediocre too. Being gifted 4 turnovers & still not winning is awful.

Staley will get most of the slander, in which he should, but Herbert can’t get excused out of this either.
That incompletion to a wide open Keenan Allen in the end zone made a huge difference.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mike Williams sure would have helped in this game. Staley 100% deserves to be fired.

We, however, don't deserve to watch Vance Joseph attempt to coach this team, bit it looks like that is where we are headed. Can't wait for the coaching search in 2024!
Man I really don’t think Vance will be the HC lol.

Bidwill was actually surprisingly smart enough to fire Keim & Kliff after the extensions(after surprisingly dumb enough to give it to them in the first place). I really don’t think he’ll hire Vance & it’s just the Rooney rule taking place.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Chargers choked!! *********, the coach could be fired for that. Another option for Payton

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirk dominating tonight.

Still can't believe we gave up a 1st rounder for Hollywood
Where is your re-sign Kirk posts?

Because those posts were really damn sparse. but if you wanted to pay him that much, and prove it I will tip my hat to you.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well if Payton goes to the Chargers because of this colossal loss, at least he will be in the AFC

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Our future’s in jeopardy because the ******* Chargers have a penchant for blowing big leads in games? FML I hate sports

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Now THATS what a young franchise QB looks like. Leadership and attitude cannot be coached - don’t care who the head coach is.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe. Honestly outside of a blowout, I thought Staley was safe. Still don't think Payton goes there unless Dean spanos changes drastically
This take is going to age about as poorly as calling Lawrence Jake Plummer.

At least as far as Staley is concerned. He is GONZO.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
This take is going to age about as poorly as calling Lawrence Jake Plummer.

At least as far as Staley is concerned. He is GONZO.
Not really. I tend not to give credit for comebacks when the player is the cause for them being far behind in the first place (hence the jake plummer comparison)