POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only mountain of evidence I have seen are all the Cardinal records he already owns as a 25 year old kid. OROY & 2 pro bowls in 4 years is impressive as hell. Just keep hating & you‘ll look even more foolish when he gets to play without being held back by Kingsbury, etc.
Uh huh… just like how foolish all the Keim “haters” look these days, right? You banged that drunken idiot’s drum for years and mocked those who didn’t LOUDLY.

Your silence there now speaks volumes. I’m assuming the same will be true if Kyler continues to face plant like has the last 1.5 seasons.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Uh huh… just like how foolish all the Keim “haters” look these days, right? You banged that drunken idiot’s drum for years and mocked those who didn’t LOUDLY.

Your silence there now speaks volumes. I’m assuming the same will be true if Kyler continues to face plant like has the last 1.5 seasons.
PA deserves to have some hope. He's been a fan for a long time.

But, it's time to remove blind hope. I think a lot of us are worn out from being blasted about our lack of faith. I firmly think Kyler can succeed if he commits to the right mindset with the right coach.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
PA deserves to have some hope. He's been a fan for a long time.

But, it's time to remove blind hope. I think a lot of us are worn out from being blasted about our lack of faith. I firmly think Kyler can succeed if he commits to the right mindset with the right coach.
I don't care what anyone says about "there's plenty of coaches out there who can turn Kyler around", there's one imo. He has a SB ring, turned a short QB into a HOF & was a short QB himself. If Sean Payton can't get Kyler to the next level then no one can. Obviously we need to sign him first but he's already on record saying things he would do to make him better. Not to mention the glowing things he said about him at the 2019 combine.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we sign Payton, I am curious how soon will Kyler be able to practice being under center and just hike the ball to him? Only for Kyler to get comfortable receiving the ball that way.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
If we sign Payton, I am curious how soon will Kyler be able to practice being under center and just hike the ball to him? Only for Kyler to get comfortable receiving the ball that way.
stuff like that? July or August

Kyler can practice footwork, throwing, etc -- at 75% speed, etc in June with a brace on

i suspect Kyler plays with a brace on his knee in 2023... when he plays

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think you saying that I "mocked" those that were critical of Keim is a bit over the top. It is fair to say that I have always given Keim the benefit of the doubt. As someone who's seen more of this franchise than the vast majority on this board, my bar for expectations may be lower than others. For that, I may be guilty. Keim did sit atop a period of time when this team went 34-14. And up until this season, the team did improve vastly over the coarse of 3 years after the 2018 season. He did win 2 Executive of the Year awards. Kudos to him for that. Steve Keim did a number of very good things for this franchise or else he wouldn't have been a part of it for 24 years. Was it time for him to go? ABSOLUTELY! And I have been in full support of that. Almost every HC and all GM's are hired to be fired. That's just the way it is in the NFL world. His inability to draft well at critical junctures of this team's development was his undoing. And, it's still undeniable that he leaves the Cardinals as their winningest GM ever. And of course, that's a low bar to you and others on this board. That's too bad. It is what it is. I just hope we bring in a better GM than Keim, and hope it's an outsider. Unfortunately, there's no guarantee we will. When a franchise hits rock bottom, and we have, you have to clean house ENTIRELY. As someone who's see a lot in this world, I hope and pray that Keim can extinguish whatever demons he may have & move on in his life.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you saying that I "mocked" those that were critical of Keim is a bit over the top. It is fair to say that I have always given Keim the benefit of the doubt. As someone who's seen more of this franchise than the vast majority on this board, my bar for expectations may be lower than others. For that, I may be guilty. Keim did sit atop a period of time when this team went 34-14. And up until this season, the team did improve vastly over the coarse of 3 years after the 2018 season. He did win 2 Executive of the Year awards. Kudos to him for that. Steve Keim did a number of very good things for this franchise or else he wouldn't have been a part of it for 24 years. Was it time for him to go? ABSOLUTELY! And I have been in full support of that. Almost every HC and all GM's are hired to be fired. That's just the way it is in the NFL world. His inability to draft well at critical junctures of this team's development was his undoing. And, it's still undeniable that he leaves the Cardinals as their winningest GM ever. And of course, that's a low bar to you and others on this board. That's too bad. It is what it is. I just hope we bring in a better GM than Keim, and hope it's an outsider. Unfortunately, there's no guarantee we will. When a franchise hits rock bottom, and we have, you have to clean house ENTIRELY. As someone who's see a lot in this world, I hope and pray that Keim can extinguish whatever demons he may have & move on in his life.
my God… the hedging here is embarrassing and further evidence you would never admit you’re wrong about Murray if he falls flat on his face again like he has the last 1.5 seasons.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He struggles with clock management at times just like Andy Reid. Inconsistent Dak is the big problem.

I'll take mediocre clock management for that record and a SB. But McCarthy gets roasted regularly. He had Rodgers, but what great coaches didn't have great QB's? Endless debate over coach/QB there.

While SP stats are indeed correct, the improbable Minneapolis Miracle and the completely botched non P.I on the Rams really messed his tenure. I think they beat NE that year too.

McCarty benefitted from the Dez no catch, which I still think he caught it, same as Megatron, but the definition of a "catch" seems to change every so often.

Last edited:

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2 of Mccarthy's playoff loses came at the hands of our beloved Redbirds, including the greatest playoff game ever and the Palmer Fitz miracle play!
And also ended his career with the Packers with Rosen.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
something I find very telling. Broncos scheduled their interview with Payton.
They are coming to LA instead of getting him in the facility.
with his previous talk of taking a warm weather job obviously the Broncos leadership wants to try and woo him without Denver in January having any influence on him.

Mike needs to send that big new jet. Have a gourmet chef on board to prepare the coach a lunch while he flies....... hire about 200 temps, and have them hang out around the airport...all between the gate where he will enter, and the door where he will step out to get in the Limo...and have them all wearing shorts and tank tops. Just seed the crap out of the place with people not feeling any cold in january. Sell the lifestyle with an impression.

Our facilities are world class. Showing them off should be a benefit.

If he actually has to go to Payton. Mike needs to take a jacket and wear it during the interview.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
yeah that dude is on crack. Our second this year is basically a first with the phins being out of the first round.
Honestly, I would have a hard time even seeing the pick alone as fair comp for a coach. adding in next years first is a total deal breaker for me. then a fourth swap?? I mean come on.

if...IF, Mike gave them our 34.... that is probably about as high as they could expect to get and they should be stoked to get it

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah that dude is on crack. Our second this year is basically a first with the phins being out of the first round.
Honestly, I would have a hard time even seeing the pick alone as fair comp for a coach. adding in next years first is a total deal breaker for me. then a fourth swap?? I mean come on.

if...IF, Mike gave them our 34.... that is probably about as high as they could expect to get and they should be stoked to get it

I don't see him going to the Broncos under any circumstance.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I know people say coaches aren't worth that much, but say we offered SF this years #3 pick and next years 1st round, heck throw in both 2nd rounders for Shanahan, they will laugh and hang up the phone.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
my God… the hedging here is embarrassing and further evidence you would never admit you’re wrong about Murray if he falls flat on his face again like he has the last 1.5 seasons.
Not true, and I’ve stated this in another post. The reason I want either Payton or Harbaugh is that it’s IMPERATIVE that we find out exactly what we have in Kyler. It’s truly my belief that Murray is elite & that Kingsbury was a drain on him. But, I respect both of the coaches that I mentioned & if one of them came forth saying that Murray isn’t the guy, then I would acquiesce and eat crow.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not true, and I’ve stated this in another post. The reason I want either Payton or Harbaugh is that it’s IMPERATIVE that we find out exactly what we have in Kyler. It’s truly my belief that Murray is elite & that Kingsbury was a drain on him. But, I respect both of the coaches that I mentioned & if one of them came forth saying that Murray isn’t the guy, then I would acquiesce and eat crow.
No way we're gonna know what Kyler can truly be until we get a coach that will put him under center & run a conventional NFL offense with play action & rollout bootlegs. He needs a strong running game & that will take the pressure off him & open up other things. Being in shotgun all the time doesn't fool a defense. When you're in shotgun it's easier to see & defend plus the RB can only go to the left or right. Being under center allows him to hide the ball on play action plus with him being so short, it plays to his advantage even more.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson