Waiting to trade Crowder

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo said yesterday rumor about Jalen McDaniels is not true. Said the Suns have no interest.
Seemed like a strange rumor to go after a defensive minded guy with the Suns need a more consistent scorer.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Now this trade makes more sense.
It makes more sense if it's an add a guy to the team. If we end up going full rehaul then we need bigger pieces to move the needle. IF, this report is true it indicates we are looking to add to this roster.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary Trent Jr. has a player option next season. It's hard to see the Raptors trading him unless they don't want to pay him or he wants to move on.

I think the Raptors would want a boatload of assets.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trent peaked my interest when we played them. Confident, long for his position comparatively to our guys. Even if we could move either Crowder or Shamet for him, i'd be okay with that.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
A three-team framework continues to be the most likely avenue that eventually grants Jae Crowder’s exit out of Phoenix. For the Suns to land a coveted target like Hornets forward Jalen McDaniels, Phoenix could attempt to rope in Milwaukee, for example, where the Bucks have consistently discussed Grayson Allen with rival teams. McDaniels, however, is considered a favorite of Charlotte general manager Mitch Kupchak, sources said, and it would likely require more of a return than Allen and the second-round capital Milwaukee can deal to land McDaniels from the Hornets.

The Suns have also left opposing front offices with the impression Phoenix is searching for greater guard depth, targeting ball handlers who could function as a reserve to Chris Paul and a long-term replacement for the future Hall of Fame floor general.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian Windhorst sheds light on why the Suns are not making trades. They have three quasi-owners.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If new owner, Mat Ishbia, doesn't gain control of the Suns before the trade deadline, things appear bleak for significantly improving the team this season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No doubt Sarver isn't making this easy. Just take your money and run son!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crowder speaks. So, he is saying he was pushed out and it sounded like the Suns didn't want to pony up for a 32 year old player. This JIBES with the Suns not putting out a statement denying the story that Crowder was pushed out early on when this all broke. They had every opportunity to deny those early reports and they never did. Instead another narrative was out there Jae wanted out. Well....if they didn't want to extend him, he felt like they didn't appreciate him as a result....that jibes too but it sure sounds like he didn't initiate this.

So there it is. Take it how you want.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crowder speaks. So, he is saying he was pushed out and it sounded like the Suns didn't want to pony up for a 32 year old player. This JIBES with the Suns not putting out a statement denying the story that Crowder was pushed out early on when this all broke. They had every opportunity to deny those early reports and they never did. Instead another narrative was out there Jae wanted out. Well....if they didn't want to extend him, he felt like they didn't appreciate him as a result....that jibes too but it sure sounds like he didn't initiate this.

You seem really anti Suns FO.

Eff Crowder, either way you show up to play and be a pro about it, whether or not your're actually going to play. "You work for job, job not work for you" some chinese guy told me one a long time ago when i wanted time off.

Suns were nice enough to keep paying the guy, 10M. He's getting probably made close to 4M up to this point in the season.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You seem really anti Suns FO.

Eff Crowder, either way you show up to play and be a pro about it, whether or not your're actually going to play. "You work for job, job not work for you" some chinese guy told me one a long time ago when i wanted time off.

Suns were nice enough to keep paying the guy, 10M. He's getting probably made close to 4M up to this point in the season.
Is the owner part of the FO? If so, that's partially true. Otherwise? No. I am a big JJ supporter even though I think his past two seasons were missteps. Overall, I am happy with him. I am not a fan of how this was handled but it sure seems like it was avoidable. Takes two to tango. The fact the Suns didn't dispute earlier reports of this when it was first put out there means it wasn't all Jae. That's my point.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Is the owner part of the FO? If so, that's partially true. Otherwise? No. I am a big JJ supporter even though I think his past two seasons were missteps. Overall, I am happy with him. I am not a fan of how this was handled but it sure seems like it was avoidable. Takes two to tango. The fact the Suns didn't dispute earlier reports of this when it was first put out there means it wasn't all Jae. That's my point.
You’re right of course, but I can’t blame the Suns for not wanting to extend him. Is it their fault that Jae’s reaction was to pout like a baby and throw a hissy fit?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re right of course, but I can’t blame the Suns for not wanting to extend him. Is it their fault that Jae’s reaction was to pout like a baby and throw a hissy fit?
I think if Jae gave them an ultimatum that's where he was in the wrong. I am just not clear that's what happened. Either way, it was handled poorly, and I won't blame the Suns if they didn't want to pay him with the idea of bringing in another player who was going to cost them money. If the Suns simply wanted to shed salary and just bring in bench players? Then yes, I have a problem with it. Time will tell.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think if Jae gave them an ultimatum that's where he was in the wrong. I am just not clear that's what happened. Either way, it was handled poorly, and I won't blame the Suns if they didn't want to pay him with the idea of bringing in another player who was going to cost them money. If the Suns simply wanted to shed salary and just bring in bench players? Then yes, I have a problem with it. Time will tell.
Well they obviously didn't want to extend him, bottom line. It's a business and Jae's apparent reaction to that was to be a child about it and the Suns were perfectly willing to let him sit out.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Bull. He asked for an extension, the Suns said no, and he is pouting.

That is not pushing him out.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well they obviously didn't want to extend him, bottom line. It's a business and Jae's apparent reaction to that was to be a child about it and the Suns were perfectly willing to let him sit out.
The circumstances that led to him sitting at home are not clear. It very well could have been mutual. Also, the bottom line isn't that they didn't want to extend him. The bottom line is did they make the best decision for the organization. If this was simply to save money then the decision blew. If it was to save money so they could sign another impact player I take no issue with that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The circumstances that led to him sitting at home are not clear. It very well could have been mutual. Also, the bottom line isn't that they didn't want to extend him. The bottom line is did they make the best decision for the organization. If this was simply to save money then the decision blew. If it was to save money so they could sign another impact player I take no issue with that.

It doesn't matter whether Jae didn't get an extension because they wanted to spend the money elsewhere or they didn't want to spend the money at all. He's under contract for this season and he decided to pout because the team wouldn't guarantee him money beyond this year. He's a role player, he's not position to make demands like that.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter whether Jae didn't get an extension because they wanted to spend the money elsewhere or they didn't want to spend the money at all. He's under contract for this season and he decided to pout because the team wouldn't guarantee him money beyond this year. He's a role player, he's not position to make demands like that.
He was a starter and once again to be clear if he chose to sit out he was in the wrong. Never said otherwise.

I don’t care who you are we all want job security. If they were not going to extend it’s perfectly reasonable to ask for a trade. Again not sit out in protest.

What we don’t know is if Jae was willing to negotiate or any other details behind the scenes that led to the situation.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I read excerpts from the Chris Haynes article. If Jae Crowder feels he was pushed out the door he needs to explain why.

I'm just not seeing it based on what I've read.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read excerpts from the Chris Haynes article. If Jae Crowder feels he was pushed out the door he needs to explain why.

I'm just not seeing it based on what I've read.
We may never know but I suspect they went to JJ expecting a new contract and were informed that not only would Jae no longer be the starter, he'd have to take a pay cut to remain. He turned so bitter almost over night that I figure it had to be something like that. And we didn't hear about him staying home until a month or two later but who knows how and when that was decided.

In the end though, I believe we had a valued player that was being moved to the bench to make room for CamJ AND to save money. I'm confident that Sarver pulled the strings on this one, just like he pulled the strings on extensions for CamJ and DA the year before. I think we're better off with a healthy CamJ starting but losing Crowder was and still is stupid IMO. He could have been a great momentum changer off the bench.