POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Probably going to pick Denver.

Or Chargers if they lose, especially after playing starters too long and Mike Williams going down. Super dumb.

Last edited:

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fact is we aren’t a very enticing organization right now.

Who would want to come here?
Who’s willing to turn this organization around?

We were very lucky with BA, its not gonna happen anymore.

We were very lucky Denny Green had some good drafts while Kurt Warner and Fitz became hot in the playoffs. Other than that we were an average team at best other years.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who knows really. Maybe PAyton said something off the record to Cowherd in confidence. I don’t watch Cowherd so I don’t know if a lot of what he’s says comes to fruition or he’s another screaming a smith on a different network

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm praying for a Chargers win because I'm still not 100% they don't fire Staley if they lose in the WC round. And that job has Payton written all over it.
I was thinking that both the Chargers and Cowboys need to win WC weekend. Hate to even think about the Cowboys winning, but it for the greater good, lol. Plus they can lose the following week.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm praying for a Chargers win because I'm still not 100% they don't fire Staley if they lose in the WC round. And that job has Payton written all over it.
Yeah, considering Staley f'd up big time week 18.
I'm less worried about Cowboys firing McCarthy, but like Kevin Garnett, anything is possible.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Good take from a group of guys who can be really critical.

My favorite part that I had never thought of, if Cards need a HC who can be the face of the franchise above Murray. IMO that really is only Payton or Harbaugh. Every other HC candidate would be 2nd fiddle to Murray in the public eye.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about this Sean Payton is going to go where he wants to and he probably already has a wish list.
Let’s face it. Nobody is going to offer him a great deal more than the next.

If he wants to go to Houston for example he’s going to Houston.
Now if he wants the Cardinal head coaching position but we underbid other teams offer by 8m per year then he either go somewhere else or stay in the studio.

He certainly has commented on the Cardinals situation more than anybody else. If he does come here he appears to know what he’s getting into. If he wants to come here he will blow Bidwill’s mind with his interview. And I truly believe if we give up a 1st round pick it will be next years.

Anybody know Sean? Could you give him a call and see what he’s thinking?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Thinking about this Sean Payton is going to go where he wants to and he probably already has a wish list.
Let’s face it. Nobody is going to offer him a great deal more than the next.

If he wants to go to Houston for example he’s going to Houston.
Now if he wants the Cardinal head coaching position but we underbid other teams offer by 8m per year then he either go somewhere else or stay in the studio.

He certainly has commented on the Cardinals situation more than anybody else. If he does come here he appears to know what he’s getting into. If he wants to come here he will blow Bidwill’s mind with his interview. And I truly believe if we give up a 1st round pick it will be next years.

Anybody know Sean? Could you give him a call and see what he’s thinking?
I tend to agree with you. Is he going to command a lot of money? Yes he is. Is he going to go somewhere where he's just collecting a paycheck? I don't think so. I think he wants a situation that he can be very successful in and earn the money that he is going to command.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One other note about my thoughts on Payton. He will mortgage the future. He is going to want to win now and 2025/2026 be damn. I think we will be shocked at the aggressiveness that Payton will attack this thing.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, considering Staley f'd up big time week 18.
I'm less worried about Cowboys firing McCarthy, but like Kevin Garnett, anything is possible.

Yeah I heard Jerry come out and say that McCarthy's job is not on the line if they lose. But it wouldn't be the first time that's been BS the week after.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ramsey might be out at the Rams

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m was all excited about Payton to Cardinals but now worried he will not get out of the Broncos interview without being signed. I need to temper my expectations here

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m was all excited about Payton to Cardinals but now worried he will not get out of the Broncos interview without being signed. I need to temper my expectations here
The expectation is that the Cardinals will always be losers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave