The Cardinals "created a monster"

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pugh is talking about Allen and Mahomes.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yeah reading it again I think you're right it's not about Kyler at all

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all , anybody that doesn’t put his name to the statement is part of the problem. A rat adding to this cesspool.
Second, I don’t believe all 53 players sit in a room to “ study”. We know they all have their separate rooms and meetings.
Third, I think Kyler lost confidence in the system. The late substitutions, burning time outs and maybe even their walk through and practices.
If your boss is asking you to tap a nail into the wall with a sledgehammer, you might go through the motion but you know it’s futile.
I’m not making excuses for Kyler. I’ve been bashing him since January of last year. He’s got to work to get better. He’s got to open his mind to know he can be better.

But again I stop short of the he said she said. If you can’t put your name on it you’re a skunk.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Herbert is a kid. Burrow is a kid. Tua, Purdy, Lawrence, Jones, Hurts etc are all kids.
People develop at different rates. It's that simple.
They don't have these issues. We hear these stories about Kyler (which we have heard over and over now). It's not smoke, there's definately a fire.
Ok, do you believe that Kingsbury was working well with Kyler? I don't.
Being a kid is no excuse. As a military man you know most of those guys are kids and they don't get paid $46m a year, but still have to do their jobs. Including all the crappy bits.
It's not an excuse, it's an analysis of the situation. Good, bad, or indifferent, the Cardinals are tied to Murray for at least a couple more years. Kliff wasn't working well with Kyler. The proof is on the field. The proof was how often Murray missed open receivers. Kliffs job is to teach and develop Murray, and that wasn't happening enough.
I cannot remember a #1 pick QB having these types of laziness issues since Jamarcus Russell. Every prospect knows the grind required to succeed in the NFL. It's inexcusable that Kyler thinks he's above it.
I don't think Kyler is lazy. Look at his physique! The kid does work...he's just not working at what will really make him great. It takes the right motivator to get that out of him. I know this  because of my 18 years in the United States Army. Every person is motivated differently and it will take a different person to unlock Murray.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Kyler is lazy. Look at his physique! The kid does work...he's just not working at what will really make him great. It takes the right motivator to get that out of him. I know this  because of my 18 years in the United States Army. Every person is motivated differently and it will take a different person to unlock Murray.

Oh he loves the gym work. It's thee book work he doesn't like. Which is an issue, because the book work is far more important.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Herbert is a kid. Burrow is a kid. Tua, Purdy, Lawrence, Jones, Hurts etc are all kids.

They don't have these issues. We hear these stories about Kyler (which we have heard over and over now). It's not smoke, there's definately a fire.

Being a kid is no excuse. As a military man you know most of those guys are kids and they don't get paid $46m a year, but still have to do their jobs. Including all the crappy bits.

I cannot remember a #1 pick QB having these types of laziness issues since Jamarcus Russell. Every prospect knows the grind required to succeed in the NFL. It's inexcusable that Kyler thinks he's above it.

You can type that "Kyler Murray is lazy" a million times BritCard, but that's not going to make it the truth.

I'm not saying you're making things up completely out of thin air, but you are extrapolating and embellishing existing information way, way too much to state his alleged laziness as a fact.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can type that "Kyler Murray is lazy" a million times BritCard, but that's not going to make it the truth.

I'm not saying you're making things up completely out of thin air, but you are extrapolating and embellishing existing information way, way too much to state his alleged laziness as a fact.

He's not studying enough film. That's now a fact. It's been reported a number of times from various sources.

Its either laziness, arrogance or both. Neither are good.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I think it is fair to argue that Kyler does the bare minimum required of a NFL QB.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I don't think it is fair to argue that at all. If Kliff or the QB coach came out and said so publicly, you could. Anything else is speculation.
Eh, when the guy himself says it, it's not just speculation.

In a story headlined “Inside the Mind of Kyler Murray,” the Arizona quarterback said he was blessed with the cognitive skills to see things on the field before they happen. “I'm not one of those guys that's going to sit there and kill myself watching film,” Murray told Ben Shpigel.

He's not lying - it's obvious through his lack of growth that he thinks that the process is beneath him, and he hasn't dedicated himself to film study as he should. If all the greats need to study film, why doesn't Kyler?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not studying enough film. That's now a fact. It's been reported a number of times from various sources.

Its either laziness, arrogance or both. Neither are good.
Well over a year ago. You have NO idea if the statement is still true, but you like to say so anyway.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it is fair to argue that Kyler does the bare minimum required of a NFL QB.

I mean, its evident. Anyone thinking otherwise is fooling themselves.

(and no people. Gym work doesn't count. Loads of people do that for free for themselves)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, when the guy himself says it, it's not just speculation.

In a story headlined “Inside the Mind of Kyler Murray,” the Arizona quarterback said he was blessed with the cognitive skills to see things on the field before they happen. “I'm not one of those guys that's going to sit there and kill myself watching film,” Murray told Ben Shpigel.

He's not lying - it's obvious through his lack of growth that he thinks that the process is beneath him, and he hasn't dedicated himself to film study as he should. If all the greats need to study film, why doesn't Kyler?
From over a year ago.

As a freshman, I didn't like to homework and failed 2 classes. After that I decided to do my work and became a near straight A student. People can and do change. I'm not saying that he has, but won't definitively say he hasn't either.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well over a year ago. You have NO idea if the statement is still true, but you like to say so anyway.

What's well over a year? There's a source right here in todays quote saying Kyler phoned it in after getting paid and the Cards didn't put in a study clause for giggles.

Never mind it being evident in his play.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he's been grinding on film or putting in the extra work, it sure as hell wasn't showing on the tape this year.
It could be the exact opposite. Sometimes you can study TOO much and be burnt out by the time you take the actual test.

Speculation is fun.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's well over a year? There's a source right here in todays quote saying Kyler phoned it in after getting paid and the Cards didn't put in a study clause for giggles.

Never mind it being evident in his play.
He article he quoted was from December 2021.

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
People develop at different rates. It's that simple.

Ok, do you believe that Kingsbury was working well with Kyler? I don't.

It's not an excuse, it's an analysis of the situation. Good, bad, or indifferent, the Cardinals are tied to Murray for at least a couple more years. Kliff wasn't working well with Kyler. The proof is on the field. The proof was how often Murray missed open receivers. Kliffs job is to teach and develop Murray, and that wasn't happening enough.

Kyler Murray is one of the most genetically blessed people on the planet. He also has infinite money available for the best diet.

He needs to do far less work than everybody else to build and maintain his physique. Just lol if you think it indicates his work ethic.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
From over a year ago.

As a freshman, I didn't like to homework and failed 2 classes. After that I decided to do my work and became a near straight A student. People can and do change. I'm not saying that he has, but won't definitively say he hasn't either.
Interesting. When you starting studying and trying, did your results improve? You're positing that he's potentially working too hard?

It seems more likely that the guy who thought himself Neo probably didn't apply himself, which led to more regression/poor results, but what do I know?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. When you starting studying and trying, did your results improve? You're positing that he's potentially working too hard?

It seems more likely that the guy who thought himself Neo probably didn't apply himself, which led to more regression/poor results, but what do I know?
Usually, but not always. I remember studying so hard for a test, I failed it even though I knew all of the material.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it is fair to argue that at all. If Kliff or the QB coach came out and said so publicly, you could. Anything else is speculation.
KYLER said something to the effect two years ago. And now we have teammates backing up that up.

Sorry, there is just way too much smoke from Cardinals players and Kyler HIMSELF to believe there isn’t fire about how much work he actually puts in to being a great QB. Which is what he’s paid to be. And we’ve seen over that play out on the field where as more tape gets out on Kyler the worse he gets… every single season the last three years.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Watch the 30 for 30 on the USC/Texas game. Vince Young and Leinart are featured. You could probably add Murray to that group. There's a spot where they're talking about their NFL careers. Vince Young has a very similar mindset. He thought he could mess around all week and show up on Sunday and perform. He says as much. Both guys say they didn't nearly do what it takes to be successful.