Adrian Wilson Situation - What happens if ADub is not the GM?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
ADub is a beloved Cardinal for all the right reasons.

Bidwill likes ADub.

If ADub is not the GM, will ADub stay with organization?

Will Bidwill insist on keeping ADub in a senior role in GM interviews with other candidates?

If a new outside GM is hired and was asked to keep ADub, Will this cause a parallel power structure in front office with ADub having the ear of owner (aka Keim) ?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All things should warrant due consideration, but- let’s not overthink this too much and wind up making a low-risk but mediocre decision on the future of our FB team

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
GM will make decision on his staff. Remember that the Cards dropped AW when he was still a player. It is a business.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess no one is pounding down our door to interview him or Quentin Harris for a position.

The6

All Star
Reaction score

Bidwill likes ADub.

Will Bidwill insist on keeping ADub in a senior role in GM interviews with other candidates?

If a new outside GM is hired and was asked to keep ADub, Will this cause a parallel power structure in front office with ADub having the ear of owner (aka Keim) ?
Who cares? Cards need to build a winner. It shouldn't be about feelings.

Get some smart people in who know how to run a football program. Period

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
It would be a very Bidwill thing to do to make a decision based on this. Love AW. Watched his entire career. Complete beast. And I presume there are a million positive attributes he could bring to the role. But if we need a million and one attributes, well.....

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Love to see Rick Smith spend some years with a dub first.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The problem that I (and others) see with hiring either Harris or Wilson is that they may have been tainted by Keim. The Cardinals need a fresh voice in the organization. I want them to bring in someone who will build the team from the inside out .

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Vested interest in what?

AW and Harris were never the FINAL words on the roster or choice of coaches.
Yeah, I've made the point that just because they've worked under Keim, doesn't mean they shared his same strategies and thought. They really didn't have a voice.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The problem that I (and others) see with hiring either Harris or Wilson is that they may have been tainted by Keim. The Cardinals need a fresh voice in the organization. I want them to bring in someone who will build the team from the inside out .

Well, there's another way to look at it.

Harris & Wilson have an up close and personal look at how not to do things.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Great. That still means they’ve never learned how to do things right. Just because you see mistakes doesn’t mean you know how to correct them and they’ve gotten zero tutelage to do so working for this wretched FO.

Ask yourself this… if you were another team’s fans, would you want Steve Keim’s underlings, who have never been part of a functional FO, running your team?

I sure as hell wouldn’t.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score

Bidwill likes ADub.

who cares? the real question is what happens if he is... probably declining ticket sales. Mikey can't go cheap on this one

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Vested interest in what?

AW and Harris were never the FINAL words on the roster or choice of coaches.
You can‘t be in those slots without having personal relationships with some of the players. Just human nature.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

.....and we both know that does not translate in knowing how to do things, does it? this is a situation where the
swamp has to be emptied, he may be a wonderful fellow but a person who has a track record as an ass't for x
years sounds more appealing to me.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great. That still means they’ve never learned how to do things right. Just because you see mistakes doesn’t mean you know how to correct them and they’ve gotten zero tutelage to do so working for this wretched FO.

Ask yourself this… if you were another team’s fans, would you want Steve Keim’s underlings, who have never been part of a functional FO, running your team?

I sure as hell wouldn’t.

Well, just maybe, Harris and AW are a bit more observant and capable of tracing their own paths than you are prepared to concede at this point. Who knows?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
.....and we both know that does not translate in knowing how to do things, does it? this is a situation where the
swamp has to be emptied, he may be a wonderful fellow but a person who has a track record as an ass't for x
years sounds more appealing to me.

No, I don't know that this is a given because it isn't.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I sure as hell wouldn’t.
Amen...we both said the same thing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, I've made the point that just because they've worked under Keim, doesn't mean they shared his same strategies and thought. They really didn't have a voice.
But it does mean they haven’t had any other influence, mentoring or experience in a functioning organization. And you want to give them the top reins in your organization? That’s insane.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson