So, we're picking 3rd....

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is pretty much how I see the top playing out with either the Colts or Panthers trading up to #1 depending on how much the Bears want Carter.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
While I prefer Carter over Anderson. I wouldn't shed a tear if we drafted Anderson, as long as we sack Vance. He wouldn't know how to use him anyway.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As shocking as it seems the Panthers are considering keeping Wilks. The players like him.

To be fair he's done pretty well. It's all QB issues. As soon as Darnold was back they went 4-2.

Although I don't think they keep him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He's better than Mac Jones but yes he's very slight, it's going to concern NFL teams. he also doesn't have a great arm, he's very good, and the same arm arguments were made about Burrow and he's certainly played great, but Young does have issues.
Burrow was 6'3. Young may be 5'11.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don‘t honestly think this way but since you asked. Anderson is a Von Miller type player, but stronger physically. If he moves up and puts his hand on the ground, maybe Chase Young. Anderson is very talented, but this up is an Edge rich draft if you want to build a dominant defense and take 2 front end defenders you can get an Edge in round 2. He certainly will be an impact player and is well above the other Edges at this point. He would not be a bad choice. If the Bears were to take Carter, I’d trade down before taking Anderson.

I’m sure I’ll get attacked for this but Carter’s game reminds me of Warren Sapp. He has that rare ability to totally disrupt a game inside. He is the best recently at penetrating yet he anchors well against the run. He is not a 2 down player. He will draw double teams and allow for stunting and penetration by other players. He makes the other linemen better. He changes the nature of the entire line. He has to be accounted for on every play.
You convinced me, Harry.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The Athletic is reporting, “general manager Ryan Poles said at a news conference Tuesday that the team isn’t planning to use it to select a quarterback. However, Poles said the team “will be open to everything” regarding the No. 1 overall selection.”

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave Burns (on 98.7 FM) just said he thinks the Cardinals may end up with a player with "generational defensive talent" with their 3rd pick.

Please stop using that kind of phrasing to explain our top picks. LMAO

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave Burns (on 98.7 FM) just said he thinks the Cardinals may end up with a player with "generational defensive talent" with their 3rd pick.

Please stop using that kind of phrasing to explain our top picks. LMAO
Why?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Parris Campbell and Alec Pierce are both young, up and coming good WR's. Given their QB issues it's hard to evaluate their WR's but those guys IMO are both legit. I also really like their TE Woods.

Campbell's first 3 seasons were derailed by injuries and Covid, finally was healthy this year.

I followed them all year because I had Taylor on my fantasy team, was a very obvious example of how important a QB is.
Yup. Pierce had a nice little mid-season run as a rookie.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Hearing more on the Bears. As I posted once the pick order was set. Bears will trade down but they would have to be overwhelmed to go lower than Indy. That slot guarantees them the DL option they covet.
ESPN is reporting the Colts are open to moving up for their QB. Again this is the scenario I indicated.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'll give Bryce this much credit. His pocket presence as a sophomore seemed better than Kyler's 4 years into the NFL. So great at finding throwing lanes in a muddy pocket.
He is definitely in the mix for #1 overall and likely the favorite. He just isn't the slam dunk many have implied he is because of his lack of physical traits.

Who he reminds me of is Teddy Bridgewater but (I think) not quite as big. I am curious on Bryce Young's measurables.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
The Seahawks are in a great draft situation with 5, 20, 37, 52, 84, 121, 151, 156, 196

Hopefully we snatch some of their picks ahead of them.

SEA Team Needs​

• EDGE
  • DL
  • CB
  • QB
  • LB
  • IOL
  • WR
  • S
  • TE
  • RB
  • OT
  • K
  • P
  • LS

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He is definitely in the mix for #1 overall and likely the favorite. He just isn't the slam dunk many have implied he is because of his lack of physical traits.

Who he reminds me of is Teddy Bridgewater but (I think) not quite as big. I am curious on Bryce Young's measurables.
This sounds stupid but I will admit anytime I post something about draft prospects/scouting and @Harry gives it a "like", it makes me happy.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Cards had a horrible, historically horrible offense before Kliff. Which lead to the knee jerk going for a coach on the cutting edge offensively. From afar you can clearly see what happened. I think for a head coach, you don't want an offense or defense guy. You want a guy who will be CEO and evaluate how his offensive coordinator and defensive coordinators were doing. The guy who sets the tone for the vision and culture of the organization. Arguably Arians was way better than Kilff on this. He at least tried to get the team to be tough in identity.