Getting excited….

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the fact that the 2K boys are gone lifts my spirit about the off season free agency and the draft.
I know the positions haven’t been filled and maybe i’m punch drunk. I guess things can always get worse but I don’t get this feeling.
A new set of eyes will objectively evaluate this roster. Im looking forward to a real NFL offense with more focus on the running game and less on empty back sets, less no huddle, less sideline passes and less 4th down attempts on our own side of the field.
I actually think a pro offense will benefit Kyler simply by taking the weight off of his shoulders.
We can’t fix this whole team in one off season. I think the focus will be getting the most out of Kyler. It’s going to suck waiting for Kyler to heal. I also don’t think McCoy will be our back up QB.

The best part is we can look at any decision made by the new regime with an open mind. I truly believe if we headed into next year with the 2K boys still in charge this team would have lost me.

I’m actually a little giddy!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just the fact that the 2K boys are gone lifts my spirit about the off season free agency and the draft.
I know the positions haven’t been filled and maybe i’m punch drunk. I guess things can always get worse but I don’t get this feeling.
A new set of eyes will objectively evaluate this roster. Im looking forward to a real NFL offense with more focus on the running game and less on empty back sets, less no huddle, less sideline passes and 4th attempts on our own side of the field.
I actually think a pro offense will benefit Kyler simply by taking the weight off of his shoulders.
We can’t fix this whole team in one off season. I think the focus will be getting the most out of Kyler. It’s going to suck waiting for Kyler to heal. I also don’t think McCoy will be our back up QB.

The best part is we can look at any decision made by the new regime can be viewed with an open mind. I truly believe if we headed into next year with the 2K boys still in charge this team would have lost me.

I’m actually a little giddy!
I am also. I hope it's Payton with Fangio If the hires go HC before GM. If it's GM before HC then I'm kind of thinking Adam Peters (ASFGM) would do a fine job. I think he would try & build a strong ass DL like the 49ers have.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike Bidwill is the same ish for brains that less than 10 months ago gave Kliff and Keim 5 year extensions, so I’m gonna hold my excitement for when he’s given me actual reason to have any.

Just too jaded at this point to get hot and bothered by the village idiot flashing a cat at the canary grin.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mike Bidwill is the same ish for brains that less than 10 months ago gave Kliff and Keim 5 year extensions, so I’m gonna hold my excitement for when he’s given me actual reason to have any.

Just too jaded at this point to get hot and bothered by the village idiot flashing a cat at the canary grin.
This for me too. Never getting sucked into excitement on this team again...NEVER!!!! I wasn't born in Missouri but I was born just across the river and it is SHOW ME from now on. I was cured of optimism by that debacle of a playoff game.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This for me too. Never getting sucked into excitement on this team again...NEVER!!!! I wasn't born in Missouri but I was born just across the river and it is SHOW ME from now on. I was cured of optimism by that debacle of a playoff game.
Kentucky or Illinois?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

I will say though that one of the smartest decisions a business owner can make is to cut bait and realize a sunk cost. Everyone makes mistakes but what really screws you is doubling and tripling down on said mistake. Keim’s extended tenure is a great example of this.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trust me gang. I’m not delusional enough to think all is fine. I’m just relieved we don’t have to go through another year like this year.

We don’t know what this regime is going to do. While Kyler is on the mend they may decide to tear this thing down. They may trade down in the draft and maybe trade down twice to stockpile picks. Hopkins might be traded for mor picks.

I don’t believe it will be a total tear down. I do believe this offense can be very good next year. A couple of o-linemen, a speedy running back with a pro style offense will make this offense better than what we’ve seen.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic, cautious because...well...it's the Cardinals and we've never been stellar in the FO , that being said MB seemed like a different guy in his presser yesterday, he took the hard questions and owned up to his mistakes, he also looked as if he was genuinely going to go after making a winning team, now it remains to be seen it that will happen but as of right now I feel a lot better then I did the same time last week haha

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

+1 I'm holding back until I see who gets hired. If Mikey hires a real GM and coach then I'll get excited. Call it PTSD from 35 years of Cards but I'm nervous he'll do the SOC move and promote ADub or Harris and VJ. After the last year I should just assume that's going to be the move so that if he does do something correct that it will then be a pleasant surprise.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say though that one of the smartest decisions a business owner can make is to cut bait and realize a sunk cost. Everyone makes mistakes but what really screws you is doubling and tripling down on said mistake. Keim’s extended tenure is a great example of this.
Sure. And I made that argument in support of Bidwill when he immediately cut bait on Wilks… and then he hired a failed college coach to replace him.

So, he’s already shown the ability to admit he was wrong and eat a contract. He’s also then shown the ability to double down on stupidity and follow one terrible hire with another.

Thus, in wait and see mode rather than excited at this point.

Don't get me wrong though... I AM happy Kliff and Keim are gonzo. That should go without saying at this point.

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Sure. And I made that argument in support of Bidwill when he immediately cut bait on Wilks… and then he hired a failed college coach to replace him.

So, he’s already shown the ability to admit he was wrong and eat a contract. He’s also then shown the ability to double down on stupidity and follow one terrible hire with another.

Agreed

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
It’s hard for me to get excited until I see the choices and what the Cards give up to make them. I just don’t see Bidwill as a great negotiator, especially after the latest extensions.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong though... I AM happy Kliff and Keim are gonzo. That should go without saying at this point.
I don't think Kingsbury was Wilks bad. He had his moments. For me, I fully gave up on him when there was winnable games down the stretch this year and he made the same damn stupid mistakes that he made in year 1 & 2.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Kingsbury was Wilks bad. He had his moments. For me, I fully gave up on him when there was winnable games down the stretch this year and he made the same damn stupid mistakes that he made in year 1 & 2.
Never said he was Wilks bad. He was just a bad hire right after a bad hire.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s hard for me to get excited until I see the choices and what the Cards give up to make them. I just don’t see Bidwill as a great negotiator, especially after the latest extensions.
That could work in our favor because Sean Payton could see this as his last NFL stop and take Mr. B for all he's worth. If we win it would all be worth it. :D