Kliff Fired

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
We gave Dave McGinnis the job as an internal hire, his defense was ranked 30th AND he went 1-8 as interim HC. So there is precedent.
Yeah but was Vance knocking on doors to get a stadium built so that his bosses could become billionaires?

Dave Mac much like Kliff was definitely hamstrung by poor rosters but neither could coach. At end of the day Kliff was never qualified for the job.

I would bet he ends up broadcasting.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Schefter on ESPN says that Bidwill wants "major changes" and organization is going to have a big makeover.
Now it's time to take a page out of the Bears playbook...they are going outside the organization as they are hiring a new president...looks like the lead is the current president of the Big 10...a very bright guy whose has limited to no toleration for that's okay attitude with expertise in a number of disciplines...

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah but was Vance knocking on doors to get a stadium built so that his bosses could become billionaires?

Dave Mac much like Kliff was definitely hamstrung by poor rosters but neither could coach. At end of the day Kliff was never qualified for the job.

He would be a perfect medication to put you to sleep while listening to him if you have a problem falling asleep...don't see that happening. Very stale.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I could see that too. Broadcasting is paying more than coaching anyways. If he does that, I can't wait to hear his unfiltered opinions on the Cardinals.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
Kliff as OC with an experienced NFL HC is a very different universe than the one we live in today.
Why does anyone think Kliff would be a good NFL OC. What are his strengths? Developing an offensive game plan? Calling plays? Developing a QB? His high bar is an OC for a college team.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Why does anyone think Kliff would be a good NFL OC. What are his strengths? Developing an offensive game plan? Calling plays? Developing a QB? His high bar is an OC for a college team.
Rich Gannon on NFL radio was absolutely hammering Kliff. He was saying the before the season even started, based on watching last year's film, the Cards were the least prepared offense in the NFL. He was saying he'd be shocked if KK got another NFL job.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on board with that! Players love him, but he still demands respect! Look at what he got out of CK ang imagine what he can get out of Kyler.

Plus, I'd love to see some heads explode when the CK to AZ to fill in for Kyler rumors start.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t understand how he could be surprised. I do feel badly for him. He seems like a genuinely good guy who was given an opportunity that was just above his ability.
When I got laid off a few years back, I knew it was coming, and my buyout should have had me smiling on the Zoom call. But hearing the news, I looked distraught and surprised. Emotions are funny things. I realized I'll miss so many great people I had worked with. It was sad and those emotions surprised me.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When I got laid off a few years back, I knew it was coming, and my buyout should have had me smiling on the Zoom call. But hearing the news, I looked distraught and surprised. Emotions are funny things. I realized I'll miss so many great people I had worked with. It was sad and those emotions surprised me.

Just want to say glad you're back :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got ya. But outside of roster, their FO is an absolute shammockery. Are they willing to hire a coach who demands full control?
Not sure. They are able to fire a coach after only 1 year (twice in a row) so maybe it is worse? Who knows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA