So, we're picking 3rd....

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I'm with you. I am on the Carter bandwagon. Was one of the first to join.
I will qualify my enthusiasm for him. If we find some of his questionable personality traits have much merit, that would sway me more towards the surer thing in Anderson. I would never gamble a high pick on anyone with red flags regarding character or questionable locker room personality.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I say with the 3rd pick we should take...

WR Quentin Johnson

Sorry I had to keep my 1st round WR tradition alive. :biglaugh:
I wouldnt mind that if both Carter and Anderson were gone, and we were putting Hopkins on the next train out of town, got something for him, and we could handle the cap ramifications.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Having Carter could really help us get the most out of Allen and Thomas thats for sure.

My only concern are the rumors about his work ethic and love for the game. I didnt like nkemdiche at 30 but at 3 its a disaster....
But its hard to believe those rumors when dudes motor never stops..... seems to me if he were lazy or didnt love the game he would take plays off or stop instead of giving backside pursuit. But he lays it all out there till the whistle.
I was based in Georgia for a few seasons and developed decent contacts. I asked about this after it came out. Neither the coaches nor Carter’s teammates give this any credence. Carter stays in shape, hustles in practice, is coachable and displays a good motor in games. I actually think he’ll develop into and even more aggressive player if the Cards keep Allen and continue to develop Thomas. He’d be a great fit. Though his condition is good, he’ll have to step it up to be dominant in the NFL.

Harry

Reaction score
I don't think there is a C in this draft worth more than our 3rd round pick TBH
Late 2 is likely the earliest I’d consider one. The way the Cards would end up there is if they traded down their second round pick, which is going to be unusually valuable. This is such a fun draft. The Carms think Smith might be able to handle the switch, so he may get first crack. If that’s the case they might wait until early 4.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I want to see how the FA QB market plays out. If the Texans sign Jimmy G or other they may well take Anderson.
We really need to hope the Bears trade down. I feel the Texans go QB, so if the Bears trade back one probably goes #1. Otherwise...yeah, he could be off the board.

Harry

Reaction score
lol this thread. Anderson has no bend?

How much bend does Nick Bosa have? Or Maxx Crosby? Or Matthew Judon? Or Chase Young? Certainly no more than Will Anderson.

Will Anderson is going to be an elite edge guy in the NFL. He's has fantastic power, speed and hands and more than enough bend but as phycically elite as he is his best trait is his brain. A lot of young pass rushers just use their physical tools to get to the QB. Anderson has a plan, he reads the game brilliantly and he's great at stunts and twists to find a way to get home.

I think he's better than Bosa or Young coming out.

If he's there at 3 you run to the podium. Anderson changes this defense immediately. But unless there is a crazy haul offered I expect the Bears will take him at #1.

1. Will Anderson
2. Jalen Carter

If they are both gone (which they should not be) you take whatever you can in a trade back because I don't think anyone else is close to worthy of the #3. There are no Sauce Gardeners in this draft I can see.

I don't agree he''s Khalil Mack, he's better, but you need to watch this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I meant style-wise he reminded me of Young. He will likely be more effective than Young.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Sanders is likely too light to play DE and hold the Edge against runs. I don’t think he has the body type to add much weight. I like him rushing off the line.
I kinda think he has a similar shape to Chandler Jones, just needs a year in the weight room. Could be wrong, though...they just look similar to me, if you look at CJ when he was in New England.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Sanders is likely too light to play DE and hold the Edge against runs. I don’t think he has the body type to add much weight. I like him rushing off the line.
If he was 22 instead of 25 I’d be more confident in him gaining bulk. He looks like kid that was naturally 215 and he’s maxed out at 240.

Harry

Reaction score
Should add, the Bears aren't the only team with a question. DO the Bears want Fields, hard to say. If you're the Colts is there one QB you want? If there is, you try and trade up with the Bears, if you're ok with any of Young or Stroud(or Levis) then you don't have to trade up unless you know the Cards are trading down so the first 3 picks are all QB's and that seems VERY unlikely to me.

The Colts could sit at 4, take the QB that falls to them and then go into next year with the new QB throwing to Pittman, Campbell and Alec Pierce(who had a nice rookie year). You have Jelani Woods at TE who had a nice rookie year too. And you have a pretty good defense. You get good QB play next year you're a potential playoff team. So if you don't HAVE to trade up stay pat and then draft an OL or two later.
I’ve heard from good people, except when he played hurt at the end, the Bears believe he is exactly what they want. His play after mid-season was statistically impressive for a second year QB.

Harry

Reaction score
We really need to hope the Bears trade down. I feel the Texans go QB, so if the Bears trade back one probably goes #1. Otherwise...yeah, he could be off the board.
I think G likely goes to a team that’s further along, Jets maybe?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If he was 22 instead of 25 I’d be more confident in him gaining bulk. He looks like kid that was naturally 215 and he’s maxed out at 240.
He's 24 and a half and hasn't yet benefitted from an NFL-quality strength program. Pro Football Reference lists him at 255; wouldn't be shocked if he could actually get to and hold that weight next year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think G likely goes to a team that’s further along, Jets maybe?

The Jets are the obvious one because they need a QB and because Saleh knows him from his 49er days. It makes sense.

The interesting thing on Jimmy is the doctors are saying he's on track to be able to play in the Super Bowl, or maybe even the NFC title game if they get there. So the 49ers may have to make a decision this year on sticking with Purdy or starting Jimmy. Personally I think it's nuts, Purdy does all the same stuff Jimmy does, runs the system, he's younger, and at least so far he's not injury prone

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard from good people, except when he played hurt at the end, the Bears believe he is exactly what they want. His play after mid-season was statistically impressive for a second year QB.
I was always down on Fields but I can admit he looked good enough the last half of his season for the Bears to forget about a QB at #1.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I was based in Georgia for a few seasons and developed decent contacts. I asked about this after it came out. Neither the coaches nor Carter’s teammates give this any credence. Carter stays in shape, hustles in practice, is coachable and displays a good motor in games. I actually think he’ll develop into and even more aggressive player if the Cards keep Allen and continue to develop Thomas. He’d be a great fit. Though his condition is good, he’ll have to step it up to be dominant in the NFL.
I do think almost every college DT is helped by the lower number of snaps in the NFL which matters for a top guy like Carter.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Where is the Minnesota center going to be taken? He seems to be at the top of the pack.
He is somewhere in the top 50 prospects for me. I tend to look at players as Top 10, 20, 50, 75 and 100 just because so much info that fans don't know separates those groups. I think there are three top 75 players who play C in this draft. I don't know if I like any as much as I liked Linderbaum but they are also bigger players physically.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose