Is the Stress of a Bad Season Getting to Board Members

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
There seems to be an excessive amount of vitriol on the board lately. Can we try to remember we’re all Cards fans who are entitled to opinions? That’s part of the fun of being fans and participating on this board. We’re also all human, so we make errors as I have done too often. It’s okay to point out errors, let’s just not do it in a mean spirited way. It never helps anyone to prove a point. I may be guilty myself, so I’m going to try to just focus on my opinion without being aggressively critical of yours. There is no need to hold back on expressing your opinions even if their contrary to those of others. That’s what discussions are all about. Let’s just try to have fun but not at the expense of others. I‘ve been on this board and it’s predecessors for many years (I know some think too many). That said, I’ve seen too many people leave the board because it just wasn’t fun for them anymore. I think the diversity of opinion adds to the amusement of the board. Let’s make it an all play.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There seems to be an excessive amount of vitriol on the board lately. Can we try to remember we’re all Cards fans who are entitled to opinions? That’s part of the fun of being fans and participating on this board. We’re also all human, so we make errors as I have done too often. It’s okay to point out errors, let’s just not do it in a mean spirited way. It never helps anyone to prove a point. I may be guilty myself, so I’m going to try to just focus on my opinion without being aggressively critical of yours. There is no need to hold back on expressing your opinions even if their contrary to those of others. That’s what discussions are all about. Let’s just try to have fun but not at the expense of others. I‘ve been on this board and it’s predecessors for many years (I know some think too many). That said, I’ve seen too many people leave the board because it just wasn’t fun for them anymore. I think the diversity of opinion adds to the amusement of the board. Let’s make it an all play.
That is the way that it is supposed to be. I think this season is taking a toll.

I also think we (mods) are letting some of this go more than we maybe should because of that.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Vitriolic posters on a message board doesn't bother me. I try to, generally, stay out of :deadhorse: type threads or just, finally, saying "OK" or something like that. There are some that just like to go on and on and not let it go.

But, I agree, it's been a bit more venomous lately. That's a shame.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sad thing is, it could get a lot worse before it gets better. A LOT worse. If just one of the following happens, this board will go ballistic: Kliff is retained, Keim remains in position, roster decisions continue to be bad, etc. I'm anticipating being unhappy myself and trying to prepare to not take it out on others :)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad thing is, it could get a lot worse before it gets better. A LOT worse. If just one of the following happens, this board will go ballistic: Kliff is retained, Keim remains in position, roster decisions continue to be bad, etc. I'm anticipating being unhappy myself and trying to prepare to not take it out on others :)
You will always have Cheesebeef in the Movie forum for that!

:moon:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the big one for me. Bidwill has been given a perfect out on his dreadful extension of Keim and he needs to take it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Absolutely.

And I think some of what you are saying might happen, will happen.

I'd put it at 70/30 Kliff is retained. IF what we are hearing through RUMINT is true on Keim, I'd say 90/10 that he's not coming back, but we will see his understudies (Harris and Wilson) assume the roles that Keim did without a permanent GM in the short term.

Once FA starts, we'll see Allen and Murphy leave. The Cardinals will tout Wilson's development and the belief that Cam Thomas can do a lot of what Allen does.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
They asked Sitting Bull about Custer at the Little Big Horn and Sitting Bull said he heard he was laughing from others since he was not present on the battlefield. The reporter then corrected him and said, "you mean crying or screaming?" and Sitting Bull said, "no, he was laughing because he ran out of bullets"... I'm at that point of fanatical hysteria concerning the Cardinals lol

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is very little to be optimistic about the Cards this season. Agree that we should not attack others giving their opinions. We are all waiting for Black Monday and major changes at GM & HC. If that hopefully happens we can all start looking forward to free agency and the draft.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pound sand

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course

Clearly not a good one if you didn’t get it
I got it. Just wasn't 100%. Which goes to show how the board is right now I suppose.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's tough when all teams are getting beat. Seems we all get a bit pissy.
But when the teams are winning and playing meaningful games its a great atmosphere. Kinda like the old SDS days. Many times I left that stadium asking myself why do I do this to myself and some days just smiling ear to ear and feeling on top of the world.
Therapy lol

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Keim and Kliff are back just ban me from the board now.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a way to set a limit on the amount of posts someone can have per thread per day.

When threads last hundreds of pages and it’s the same posters saying the same things over and over it starts to get under people’s skin.

Especially when other posters views on the subject get missed because you have to scroll through so much of the same posts. There are other good and interesting viewpoints on here but I wouldn’t know because I don’t have all day to read every post.

It’s like all of us are at a town hall and 4 people dominate every topic. I think that’s what drives people away from the board. I don’t care if someone says something nasty or dismissive to me, just stop boring me to tears with pages and pages of the same opinion expressed in 8 thousand posts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave