Who’s In Charge

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
USA Today is say McCoy is not in Concussion Protocol. Kingsbury says they’ve not determined which QB will start. What happened to ”we need to take a long look at Blough?” What’s the advantage to using McCoy? They know what he can do. Blough looked at least serviceable and looking at the Cards and Niners, it seems critical in a 17 game season to have the best 3rd QB possible.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who cares what Blough can do. We should not be counting on him next year as starter or backup. If Kyler can’t go for any period of time to start season, they better be going out and getting a legit vet starter (and no Colt is not that guy).

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
it seems critical in a 17 game season to have the best 3rd QB possible
Assertion without evidence. Few teams have had to use their third QB the past two seasons (except for performance reasons).

Is anything, Bloughs performance after just a few weeks with the club highlights how unnecessary it is to have a third QB on the roster.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
USA Today is say McCoy is not in Concussion Protocol. Kingsbury says they’ve not determined which QB will start. What happened to ”we need to take a long look at Blough?” What’s the advantage to using McCoy? They know what he can do. Blough looked at least serviceable and looking at the Cards and Niners, it seems critical in a 17 game season to have the best 3rd QB possible.
Colt is still a competitor...I'm sure delaying any announcement and seeing how he is, is a show of respect. Plus they can easily give Colt the start, because he's earned it, but still replace him in the 2nd or 3rd qtr.

There's a reason the team hasn't bailed on Kliff, yet and have continued to play hard.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Play Blough obviously. Cardinals need to see if he is better than McSorley. It is the ONLY thing that makes playing the game worthwhile.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. Blough will be every bit available next year as he was this year. Guys like him are always available. Hell, Joshua Dobbs, who bounced around the league is starting Tennessee's biggest game of the year this week.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think playing Blough is about options for the #2 spot

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More Blough please.

Would like to see what he can do against a much better defense.
Why would we want that, unless we are truly tanking? He didn't play that great against the 31st ranked defense? Now we want him to play a top 3 one?

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Assertion without evidence. Few teams have had to use their third QB the past two seasons (except for performance reasons).

Is anything, Bloughs performance after just a few weeks with the club highlights how unnecessary it is to have a third QB on the roster.
Here we go again. “Assertion without evidence.” Seems like a bad episode of Law & Order.” Whar assertion are you referring to? That 3rd string QBs are important. The Cards are using their 4th, maybe. The Niners have played their third extensively. Tennessee is starting their third string Sunday. Adding a 27th game statistically makes more injuries likely. Seems you have a personal issue with me.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Here we go again. “Assertion without evidence.” Seems like a bad episode of Law & Order.” Whar assertion are you referring to? That 3rd string QBs are important. The Cards are using their 4th, maybe. The Niners have played their third extensively. Tennessee is starting their third string Sunday. Adding a 27th game statistically makes more injuries likely. Seems you have a personal issue with me.
That it's "critical."

Purdy was practicing as their #2 QB all preseason because San Francisco didn't expect Jimmy to come back and he was spending training camp on the town.

Josh Dobbs is starting in Tennessee because Malik Willis sucks, not because of injury.

I don't have a personal issue with you. You're very knowledgeable about your areas of expertise. But when you speak authoritatively on stuff that you're just plain wrong about, you double down or prevaricate and say that you Actually Meant what you were called out about. Don't be so sensitive when someone disagrees with you on a message board.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would we want that, unless we are truly tanking? He didn't play that great against the 31st ranked defense? Now we want him to play a top 3 one?
Yes, we are tanking.

Why not find out what skills he has?

Plus, no reason to risk another concussion for Colt.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take a go I suppose.

I think the assertion is that the performance that you get on a 3rd string QB can be found off of the street isn't worth the roster spot. It wasn't really necessary to keep McSorley on the roster when we picked up Blough off of the street and he performed better. Give that roster spot to another position.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, we are tanking.

Why not find out what skills he has?

Plus, no reason to risk another concussion for Colt.
Because if you are going with an unknown, he may shock the world and put up 40 against the 49ers like the Raiders did...

ah who am I kidding...

for the record, I want to put McSorely back in

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
With the way he throws his 35 year old body around, it's not hard to imagine Colt getting hurt again against the ferocious niner's defense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'll take a go I suppose.

I think the assertion is that the performance that you get on a 3rd string QB can be found off of the street isn't worth the roster spot. It wasn't really necessary to keep McSorley on the roster when we picked up Blough off of the street and he performed better. Give that roster spot to another position.
I’d agree unless it’s a young developmental QB. The. It’s not his position as the third QB that’s of value but rather his potential.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose