There is no way this QB would be feasible, but

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He would want the chance to be 'the dude' and ask rightfully for too much money for a limited span of use, but Derek Carr would be great till Kyler was ready to go

Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
He would want the chance to be 'the dude' and ask rightfully for too much money for a limited span of use, but Derek Carr would be great till Kyler was ready to go
Kyler is never going to be good to go. He pushed himself into a great guaranteed contract. He got what he wanted. He is set for life and we suck.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't think it's happening at all.

I would imagine we're staring down someone more like Mariota, Minshew (although he might get some more looks for a starting role), Brissett, Bridgewater, Heinicke... someone who has pretty much established that they're never going to really be #1 in the pecking order, but can win some games in the short term.

I anticipate Colt retiring. He's got another year, but with a concussion and a young family, about to be 37, he's already earned $24 million in his career. Why risk CTE or something when you've pocketed that much?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had my say I would be operating on the thought that Kyler might never be that guy.
Is he a head case?
Will he buy into a new coach and system or continue to pout?
Will he be the same after the injury? When will he be ready?
We have to prepare in case any of the above becomes clear.
McCoy starting and playing most of the 2023 season would not be good. Carr would cost too much.
Solar is right with his list of possible replacements. None of them is going to stir the fan base. Bridgewater could possibly be more than a stop gap.
What an off-season this is going to be. The day Kingsbury is fired( or not!)this site is going to explode.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I would imagine we're staring down someone more like Mariota, Minshew (although he might get some more looks for a starting role), Brissett, Bridgewater, Heinicke... someone who has pretty much established that they're never going to really be #1 in the pecking order, but can win some games in the short term.

I anticipate Colt retiring. He's got another year, but with a concussion and a young family, about to be 37, he's already earned $24 million in his career. Why risk CTE or something when you've pocketed that much?
I can see Colt retiring if he’s told he’ll be the starter, but he may comeback if he’s still the backup. I can also see him becoming a QB coach ASAP.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score

I agree and why it's unlikely, just could not help entertaining the idea of attaining a guy who is starter material till Kyler Murray gets back, and I do believe Kyler will get back and I do believe is not a lost cause

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Minshew! Give us Minshew! He'll win more than hes supposed to and he's easy to root for.
I think that's where I'm going too Stout. I want no parts of Mariotta's candy arm. Heinecke probably would be okay as well. I'm cool with Bridgewater.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Maybe Vegas would float a #1 and Carr for the pouty midget

Attachments

• midget-murray.jpg
    midget-murray.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Maybe Vegas would float a #1 and Carr for the pouty midget
But I don't want Carr over Kyler, I want Carr till Kyler is ready to take over again later in the season which is not feasible in relation to the players and money involved but it did give me a poof! solution of the moment to the early QB blues

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Derek Carr is going to start and get paid $35m next year. He's going to get cut but for sure he gets paid.

How do we carry his contract and Kyler's?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simple.

We don't

Exactly.

Carr is 31 years old and probably a top 12 QB in the league.

He's getting cut because of his deal having an out and he doesn't vibe with McDaniel. Not because he's bad.

He will be the top FA quarterback. He's going to get paid $35m. I can see him at the Panthers.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Exactly.

Carr is 31 years old and probably a top 12 QB in the league.

He's getting cut because of his deal having an out and he doesn't vibe with McDaniel. Not because he's bad.

He will be the top FA quarterback. He's going to get paid $35m. I can see him at the Panthers.
Lol no

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I appreciate you might not think so. I think NFL teams will think differently.

Sure, there are better this year but how many have shown better over multiple years and are still of an age where they have 5+ years remaining?

Teams are going to look at him like Stafford. A good QB hamstrung by a bad org.

And I say this as someone that's not a big Carr fan. He's not top 10 but he's in that 12 area.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I appreciate you might not think so. I think NFL teams will think differently.

Sure, there are better this year but how many have shown better over multiple years and are still of an age where they have 5+ years remaining?

Teams are going to look at him like Stafford. A good QB hamstrung by a bad org.

And I say this as someone that's not a big Carr fan. He's not top 10 but he's in that 12 area.
I’d take Kyler coming off the ACL over Carr. I’d take Geno over Carr.

Saying Derek Carr has five more years in him is a REAL stretch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson