I was wrong…what about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So what happens if Kyler lights it up with a new coach and improved offensive line? Do all these blind haters just say, “oh this is different kyler than before !”…. Rather than the reality of the situation he’s lived in w a new of the worst coaches in NFL history and a **** Oline that Mahomes wouldn’t even succeed with to start his career ?

Or will all you haters truly eat crow and realize how big of a clown you have been?
I see a lot of blindness here for certes, although I don't think it's who you think it is. There are only a few truly blind posters around these parts.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I see a lot of blindness here for certes, although I don't think it's who you think it is. There are only a few truly blind posters around these parts.
There’s certainly some LOUD posters, similar to the cancel culture crowd.. a few voices consistently making the most noise to make the perspective seem a lot more broad than it really is.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
So what happens if Kyler lights it up with a new coach and improved offensive line? Do all these blind haters just say, “oh this is different kyler than before !”…. Rather than the reality of the situation he’s lived in w a new of the worst coaches in NFL history and a **** Oline that Mahomes wouldn’t even succeed with to start his career ?

Or will all you haters truly eat crow and realize how big of a clown you have been?
So what happens if Kyler still doesn’t “light it up,” with a new coach and improved offensive line? Do all these blinded-by-Kyler’s-physical-talent fanboys just say, “oh, this is a different coach and o-line, but they still suck and are hindering Kyler’s greatness?”

Or, will you blinded by the Kyler light dudes truly eat crow and realize how big of a clown you have been?

Stout

Reaction score
There’s certainly some LOUD posters, similar to the cancel culture crowd.. a few voices consistently making the most noise to make the perspective seem a lot more broad than it really is.
You throw around terms like "blind haters" when, in reality, you have blinders on about KM. He can literally do no wrong for you. You'll always put in one line where you say you've acknowledged he's had problems (although we can never find the original post of such), then go on with paragraphs of vitriol about Kyler haters. I think if he showed up to your house and peed in your Cheerios, you'd think it was warm apple cider and declare the dish a delicacy. I'm serious, all we ever hear out of you is how it's all Kliffy's fault, how no QB has ever had a worse coach and roster, blah blah blah, ad nauseum. People who view the situation through a lens of reality can pick out the nuance of what is going on, how each perpetrator on this football team is culpable for different things. Kliffy bears a ton of responsibility, but so does Kyler.

You keep spewing about "has any QB ever..." Well, riddle us this, since you avoided it on another thread: Has any QB with this bad of an attitude when things are bad ever gone on to greatness? It was lousy for Aikman, it was lousy for Peyton Manning, but did they have study clauses and were late to practice and "could just see the field" and have major attitude problems? Granted, I'm asking a question I already know the answer to, but I'm curious what your answer is.

Plus, you constantly, constantly forget how myself and other people now down on Kyler were right there in his corner singing his praises for half the season last year. I was, in post after post, eating crow and loving it. But, you know, when he sucks and is in large part responsible for sucking, I'm going to come down on the kid. Like, you know, the situation and his play and behavior kind of dictate what I think about the player. Crazy, I know.

It's cool if you just want to believe he's the greatest of all time evah ohmygodwowkyleristhebestest. Be that guy and enjoy it. Just don't try to, with laughingly bad takes, try to force it on the rest of the board.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You throw around terms like "blind haters" when, in reality, you have blinders on about KM. He can literally do no wrong for you. You'll always put in one line where you say you've acknowledged he's had problems (although we can never find the original post of such), then go on with paragraphs of vitriol about Kyler haters. I think if he showed up to your house and peed in your Cheerios, you'd think it was warm apple cider and declare the dish a delicacy. I'm serious, all we ever hear out of you is how it's all Kliffy's fault, how no QB has ever had a worse coach and roster, blah blah blah, ad nauseum. People who view the situation through a lens of reality can pick out the nuance of what is going on, how each perpetrator on this football team is culpable for different things. Kliffy bears a ton of responsibility, but so does Kyler.

You keep spewing about "has any QB ever..." Well, riddle us this, since you avoided it on another thread: Has any QB with this bad of an attitude when things are bad ever gone on to greatness? It was lousy for Aikman, it was lousy for Peyton Manning, but did they have study clauses and were late to practice and "could just see the field" and have major attitude problems? Granted, I'm asking a question I already know the answer to, but I'm curious what your answer is.

Plus, you constantly, constantly forget how myself and other people now down on Kyler were right there in his corner singing his praises for half the season last year. I was, in post after post, eating crow and loving it. But, you know, when he sucks and is in large part responsible for sucking, I'm going to come down on the kid. Like, you know, the situation and his play and behavior kind of dictate what I think about the player. Crazy, I know.

It's cool if you just want to believe he's the greatest of all time evah ohmygodwowkyleristhebestest. Be that guy and enjoy it. Just don't try to, with laughingly bad takes, try to force it on the rest of the board.
Couldn’t have said it all any better. Though, even when the team was winning last season, I still harbored serious doubts about Kyler.
In the end, I would LOVE for him to prove me wrong… but, after 4 seasons, your record just doesn’t lie. Your stats don’t lie. The final chapter on Kyler’s book certainly have not been written. However, the author (Kyler) has finished more than 3/4ths of his book. I feel like we know what we have with Kyler and what he’ll be as a NFL QB… which is largely what we have seen this far. Freak athlete who can’t consistently sustain a high level of play, nor a true leader of the sort required to produce enough W’s to back-up the promise of his physical abilities…

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was wrong about the Cardinals getting lucky that the Panthers took Derrick Brown. I didnt love the Simmons pick but I thought Brown would worse. And he's turned out pretty good.

I was wrong about Kyler Murray. There were moments the 1st half of last year where I thought he confirmed my belief he's just as good as any young QB. Now he's getting passed up by the Hurts and Tua's of the world. I thought no matter how bad the team was around he's just too talented to not play well and win. I was wrong. At this point in his career he's dependent on pieces around him.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I was wrong about Kliff, but right about Murray. I wanted Bosa or Williams. But I would not have given either an extension. :(

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Couldn’t have said it all any better. Though, even when the team was winning last season, I still harbored serious doubts about Kyler.
In the end, I would LOVE for him to prove me wrong… but, after 4 seasons, your record just doesn’t lie. Your stats don’t lie. The final chapter on Kyler’s book certainly have not been written. However, the author (Kyler) has finished more than 3/4ths of his book. I feel like we know what we have with Kyler and what he’ll be as a NFL QB… which is largely what we have seen this far. Freak athlete who can’t consistently sustain a high level of play, nor a true leader of the sort required to produce enough W’s to back-up the promise of his physical abilities…
How’s Stout’s teet taste?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
From 11/29/2020

I’ve warned this was coming all year. Kingsbury is a fraud. The only thing he’s really done for the Cards is championing drafting Murray. The Cards only have a run game because of Murray. There is nothing creative about receiver routes and except for Hop the others are rarely, clearly open. KK can’t manage the clock. He doesn’t have a 2 minute drill. He’s installed no hot reads to combat blitzes. He can’t get the Cards ready to start games. He can’t manage enough discipline to keep penalties in control. Some of these are KK’s fault directly due to very late substitution. There are 2 many timeouts caused by confusion. They seem especially confused against zone defenses.

KK elects to be highly aggressive one series, then very conservative the next. Successful plays from one game disappear in the next, for example rollout, pull-up passes. When they worked they were not part of future game plans. Inside the same game he fails to repeat plays the opponent failed to stop, especially passing plays. Remember how other teams constantly targeted Dre.

Yes the Cards are up in scoring but so is the league. However, Murray has another year of experience and Hopkins has been added. I think Murray should actually be further along technique-wise in his development.

Not only don’t I see very many unique plays, I seldom see plays used often in the league because they are successful, like an under center QB sneak.

Once again the Cards have made a huge error in selecting a coach. To me the bottom line is if you take away exceptional effort plays by Murray, what has KK accomplished?”

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Its difficult for me to fairly judge Kliff this season due to the lack of starting players available. Yes I know some of you will say no excuses but look what the Bucs and Brady look like this season with starters out and injured. Def not the same. I still go back to the first half of last year when the Cards were firing on all cylinders. Pretty damn impressive! Then suspensions or injuries derailed them again. This team is snake bit.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
lol If you think I'm some kind of board influencer with the power of suggestion over other posters, I have some ocean front land in Kansas for sale I'd like you to consider.
People are a lot more desperate than you think Stout.

CardsFan1399

Rookie
Reaction score
I was wrong about how Kyler and KK would function together. I didn’t expect KK to be a great coach, but thought he would be innovative and in sync with Murray.

I was wrong about thinking Murray was ready to ascend to the upper echelon of QBs. Totally got fooled by the start of last season.

I was wrong in thinking that Simmons and Collins were going to elevate our defense last year and this year.

I was wrong in thinking that Rodney Hudson was a stellar acquisition and would stabilize the o-line for a few years. (I might extend this to say that I was wrong in thinking that I would ever actually live to see a season in which the O-line is actually a strength.)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
People are a lot more desperate than you think Stout.
Lighten up Francis… So you and I have differing opinions on Ky Ky… Big deal. As I have said time and again, I would love it if he proves me wrong. Time will tell, though, I admit that I will continue to refuse to use excuses for his shortcomings…
Greatness ultimately wins out. I’m even willing to lower the bar a bit due to the stank that has always surrounded this team. So even if Kyler never wins a Super Bowl, but is able to consistently get his team into the post season, I would say he’s done his part.
Time will tell… but suffice to say, his career thus far does not at all give me hope of him doing his part.

Stout

Reaction score
Lighten up Francis… So you and I have differing opinions on Ky Ky… Big deal. As I have said time and again, I would love it if he proves me wrong. Time will tell, though, I admit that I will continue to refuse to use excuses for his shortcomings…
Greatness ultimately wins out. I’m even willing to lower the bar a bit due to the stank that has always surrounded this team. So even if Kyler never wins a Super Bowl, but is able to consistently get his team into the post season, I would say he’s done his part.
Time will tell… but suffice to say, his career thus far does not at all give me hope of him doing his part.
No doubt. Dan Marino never won the SB and he is still one of the all-time greats. Getting us consistently into the playoffs and making some deep runs or even a SB appearance would do plenty to cement KM as the greatest QB in Cards history. We are, unfortunately, far from getting that kind of leadership and play out of him.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Looking pretty desperate my friend..if you need a friend, feel free to pricatw message me. Always willing to help a troubled soul.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
No doubt. Dan Marino never won the SB and he is still one of the all-time greats. Getting us consistently into the playoffs and making some deep runs or even a SB appearance would do plenty to cement KM as the greatest QB in Cards history. We are, unfortunately, far from getting that kind of leadership and play out of him.
Marino was a first ballot Hall of Famer… If Kyler is even in the same zip code at Marino, I think many of us would be more satisfied than pissed off with him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol If you think I'm some kind of board influencer with the power of suggestion over other posters, I have some ocean front land in Kansas for sale I'd like you to consider.

I for one am always blindly following where you lead.

Its not Kyler's crappy attitude, awful accuracy over 10 yards, complete inability to read defenses or missing wide open guys. Nor is it one of the worst playoff performances of all time.

Its just you.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what happens if Kyler still doesn’t “light it up,” with a new coach and improved offensive line? Do all these blinded-by-Kyler’s-physical-talent fanboys just say, “oh, this is a different coach and o-line, but they still suck and are hindering Kyler’s greatness?”

Or, will you blinded by the Kyler light dudes truly eat crow and realize how big of a clown you have been?
There will always be someone else to blame. Always.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Kingsbury isn't even the worst coach in this franchises history let alone NFL history. He's not good but he isn't close to Dave McGinnis or Steve Wilks bad.

Kyler has been very ordinary, especially considering he is a #1 overall pick and I don't think it is all coaching and the surrounding talent that is holding him back--some of that blame falls squarely on him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Wish I could join you guys in this thread but I was right, about everything. Sucks to be you dopes.

Kyler - huge risk, mid work ethic, awful in big spots, coach killer
Keim - sucks, should have been fired with Wilks
Kliff - college loser
Vance - overrated defensive coach and scheme
Suggs - Stupid move
Simmons - should have taken Wirfs
Peterson - finally winning after getting away from this loser franchise
Collins - doofus
Ronin - works hard for no money
Fitzgerald - knew Kyler was a fraud
Bidwill - Target version of his dad
Devondre - stupid to let him go
Kirk - should have extended him
Conner - why extend him at that cost
Humphries - top 5 LT for AZ all time
Hudson - doesn't want to play anymore
Pugh - ONe of the best Keim FA sigings
Josh Jones - JAG
Watt - great signing
Brit Card - confused individual
Dvontel - hates boomers
Zach Allen - should have extended him
Byron Murphy - should have extended him
Marquise Brown - awful trade - he is a loser
Jeff the Shark - perfect humor
SoonerLou - rational Oklahoma fan
Crimson Warrior - irrational Oklahoma fan
Ouchie - getting darker
nashman - Kyler's burner account
Chris Sanders - only mod to ban me - and has done so three times - criminal
K9 - JAG TE ho. Owns a Gardeck jersey.
Harry - would have benched Brady and would run three a days in the offseason
Mao - Runs with the elite - drives a luxury car
Cheese - the more rational brother

...somewhat kidding. You decide. :)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wish I could join you guys in this thread but I was right, about everything. Sucks to be you dopes.

Kyler - huge risk, mid work ethic, awful in big spots, coach killer
Keim - sucks, should have been fired with Wilks
Kliff - college loser
Vance - overrated defensive coach and scheme
Suggs - Stupid move
Simmons - should have taken Wirfs
Peterson - finally winning after getting away from this loser franchise
Collins - doofus
Ronin - works hard for no money
Fitzgerald - knew Kyler was a fraud
Bidwill - Target version of his dad
Devondre - stupid to let him go
Kirk - should have extended him
Conner - why extend him at that cost
Humphries - top 5 LT for AZ all time
Hudson - doesn't want to play anymore
Pugh - ONe of the best Keim FA sigings
Josh Jones - JAG
Watt - great signing
Brit Card - confused individual
Dvontel - hates boomers
Zach Allen - should have extended him
Byron Murphy - should have extended him
Marquise Brown - awful trade - he is a loser
Jeff the Shark - perfect humor
SoonerLou - rational Oklahoma fan
Crimson Warrior - irrational Oklahoma fan
Ouchie - getting darker
nashman - Kyler's burner account
Chris Sanders - only mod to ban me - and has done so three times - criminal
K9 - JAG TE ho. Owns a Gardeck jersey.
Harry - would have benched Brady and would run three a days in the offseason
Mao - Runs with the elite - drives a luxury car
Cheese - the more rational brother

...somewhat kidding. You decide. :)
I think you took it very light on Brit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave