Waiting to trade Crowder

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought you guys were just wishing on Kuzma but FLEX tweeted about it so... there's that. I guess.
Hell yeah ill take Kuzmas 20 and 7 over Crowder sitting on his ass.
He's not the PF I wanted but he's a far sight better than what we have available ATM.
Decent size 7ft wingspan good defender in iso and disrupts plays well.
He would 100% take pressure off Booker as probably the 3rd scorer more likely the 2nd option because unlike some others he can create his own shot.
I'd be fine with it for now.

To be Honest Id trade Crowder for 2 2nd rounders just to get this over with.

Last edited:

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think the best way for the franchise to recover it's public image is for the new ownership's first move to bring in a guy who beat the ever living crap out of the mother of his children.

Dude should be in prison.
He is not in prison so he's available still

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My opinion on Crowder has been that he provides very little, and this season couldn’t be more true lol

Seriously imo he had little value based on his performances and probably because he can’t stay with one team.

Now that he’s sat out for a while, his value is only lower. We just need to move him soon here as we can’t keep playing a depleted roster.

Or JJ can simply give a vet a 10 day.
Crowder sitting out only has amplified what he brought for the team. If anything Crowder was proving a point what he brought to the team was under appreciated.

He looks spot on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That ain't true, not even kinda true. We're also not near as bad as they were at the same point.
You listed the Celtics as Hope for a team struggling that can win a title. Go find me another team that was .500 on Jan 1st and won the title.

That was the comparison YOU made. It’s not remotely true that anyone else has ever had that kind of turnaround to win the title, maybe the Shaq/Kobe lakers did it at one point, but not the halfway points like the Celtics did and this team sure as hell doesn’t have a Shaq OR Kobe to lead us to that kind of turnaround.

Also, just to note that Celtics team didn’t even win a title. They got by a busted Milwaukee team in seven games without their second best player and then barely beat a weak Miami team in 7 and then got embarassed in the last three games of the Finals by the weakest title team I can ever remember.

And at this point with the suns, arent we all concerned with actually winning a title? A turnaround leading to anything less than that with our window closing is meaningless at this point. I mean… sure this team can get healthy and end up with 50 wins and an end up a 3, 4 or 5 seed, but are you gonna get excited about a season that ends with the Grizzlies or Pelicans dancing on our graves in around 2? I sure as hell won’t.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crowder sitting out only has amplified what he brought for the team. If anything Crowder was proving a point what he brought to the team was under appreciated.

He looks spot on.

before cam went down we were doing just fine.

Then everyone else got injured too and we were still rolling. But eventually the bench guys just cannot sustain what we already had going for us. On top of that some key injuries to our other starters.

Crowder, like Mikal, is just over valued here on this board.

If it amplified anything it was how little he brought to us as a starter.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
before cam went down we were doing just fine.

Then everyone else got injured too and we were still rolling. But eventually the bench guys just cannot sustain what we already had going for us. On top of that some key injuries to our other starters.

Crowder, like Mikal, is just over valued here on this board.

If it amplified anything it was how little he brought to us as a starter.
We were? The team didn’t remotely look as tough as last years team. Not to mention that you are sort of proving my point. This team is much more thin than people think which is the opposite of overvaluing players. When you play by committee it’s actually more important to have dirt workers and toughness. When you add being tissue soft? You are more exposed. Nobody is saying Crowder is a world beater. However, some of us predicted this BEFORE the season started when we lost McGee and then Crowder no showed.

Cam J can come back 100% healthy and this team still isn’t as good as last years and is still tissue soft.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He looks spot on.
I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Torry Craig has done a great job filling in for Crowder, he is actually a better rebounder and 3pt shooter. I assume you are certain he is the cause of our defense deteriorating, but I am far from sure any defensive improvement he might have provided isn't offset by his inferior offensive ability and rebounding.

Sure he has shortened our rotation a bit, but I am far from convinced our record would be any different if he had played every game.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were? The team didn’t remotely look as tough as last years team. Not to mention that you are sort of proving my point. This team is much more thin than people think which is the opposite of overvaluing players. When you play by committee it’s actually more important to have dirt workers and toughness. When you add being tissue soft? You are more exposed. Nobody is saying Crowder is a world beater. However, some of us predicted this BEFORE the season started when we lost McGee and then Crowder no showed.

Cam J can come back 100% healthy and this team still isn’t as good as last years and is still tissue soft.
Exactly when have we needed this perceived toughness, when Beverly pulled his cheapshot? I don't think any lack of toughness has cost us anything. Maybe it will in the playoffs, but it hasn't had any effect so far.

I'm not buying J was any kind of motivator either.

The issue isn't just Cam J is out, it's we have played many games with 2-4 of our top players out. There are very few teams that you can take 3 players out of their top 7 out and expect them to be over .500. That is apparently what you are asking out of the Suns.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He looks spot on.

Quitting?

The Suns can do without players who don't want to play.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Torry Craig has done a great job filling in for Crowder, he is actually a better rebounder and 3pt shooter. I assume you are certain he is the cause of our defense deteriorating, but I am far from sure any defensive improvement he might have provided isn't offset by his inferior offensive ability and rebounding.

Sure he has shortened our rotation a bit, but I am far from convinced our record would be any different if he had played every game.

The Suns don't miss Crowder. They miss the depth at power forward he provided. Crowder shot 39.9% from the field last season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quitting?

The Suns can do without players who don't want to play.
I don't know what happened there, none of us really do. I'm disappointed in Jae for taking cheap shots at the organization before JJ announced he'd be sitting out but at this point that's all I'm holding Crowder responsible for. Jae is failing us right now but knowing our front office under Sarver, it's quite possible we failed him too.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what happened there, none of us really do. I'm disappointed in Jae for taking cheap shots at the organization before JJ announced he'd be sitting out but at this point that's all I'm holding Crowder responsible for. Jae is failing us right now but knowing our front office under Sarver, it's quite possible we failed him too.

Only speculation, but it could be someone in the Suns front office made improper comments to Crowder. Perhaps this is why the parting of the ways is mutual and he is getting paid. It could even be a part of the allegations made in the NBA investigation.

However, if it happened, I hope it was a part of the old regime. I suppose it's theoretically possible under these conditions, he returns to the team once the sale of the team is approved by the NBA Board of Governors.

Again, it's only a thought.

Pokinmik

Rookie
Reaction score
Kuzma is averaging like 25/9/4 over the last few weeks. He was a huge part of LA winning their bubble asterisk title. The length and scoring and rebounding he provides is exactly what this team needs. If he can be added and we only have to give up crowder/bench player/one late first or something to that effect, it would be amazing for this team. Suns healthy and rested roster with Kuzma at the 4 is very dangerous come playoff time no matter what seed we end up. Payne being able to make some shots is a big part of that but that’s another story.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns don't miss Crowder. They miss the depth at power forward he provided. Crowder shot 39.9% from the field last season.
I disagree. They miss his attitude and toughness and it’s blatantly obvious. As @cheesebeef stated you need guys like that on your team. Crowder brought more than 39.9% to this team…and oh that would make him one of the best 3 point shooters on the team this year. LOL.

It’s not coincidence that we are down McGee/Crowder and this team looks tissue soft.

P.S. I am in no way advocating the crappy way Crowder is handling his situation.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree. They miss his attitude and toughness and it’s blatantly obvious. As @cheesebeef stated you need guys like that on your team. Crowder brought more than 39.9% to this team…and oh that would make him one of the best 3 point shooters on the team this year. LOL.

It’s not coincidence that we are down McGee/Crowder and this team looks tissue soft.

P.S. I am in no way advocating the crappy way Crowder is handling his situation.

What's funny here? He wouldn't be one of the best 3pt shooters on the team, he shot 34.8% from 3 and 39.9% overall. That would place him 10th on the team, currently. That's certainly not "one of the best 3 point shooters on the team this season". That's not even in the top half of the roster.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Bottom line here is that we didn’t win it all with Crowder… so while we do miss his toughness, I don’t believe it matters. With him or without him, this team isn’t good enough to win it all. I still contend that Bridges would be better off the bench. Ayton has made strides but I won’t trust him in big spots (post season) until he shows he’s the man when it matters most.
Paul is burnt toast…
Our bench is showing signs of life which is encouraging, but that doesn’t matter if our starters can’t win their time on the court.

We need to add serious, bigtime pieces. At least one… and Kuzma would be the best one of the bunch.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I suggest you check the stats McGee and Crowder have put up this season. Yeah, not much.

The Suns do need to get tougher upfront and add rebounding and shooting but these are not the guys I'm missing.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
we need another guy who can create for himself and for others with the ball. we got stopped by Dallas because they doubled Booker, CP turned into a DLeague player and nobody else could step up.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suggest you check the stats McGee and Crowder have put up this season. Yeah, not much.

The Suns do need to get tougher upfront and add rebounding and shooting but these are not the guys I'm missing.
Huh? Crowder isn't playing. Hello?!?! Also, McGee not being a good fit for the Mavs taking absolutely nothing away from what he did here. You brought up Crowder's 3 point shooting and now Crowder's numbers since he isn't playing?! WUT?!?!

Yes, the Suns need more shooting. Yes, they need more rebounding. I have said that repeatedly. It doesn't change they also need more of the attitude and toughness they had last season. You want everyone to buy being tissue soft this season is a coincidence being down the two players EVERYONE said provided that last season?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh? Crowder isn't playing. Hello?!?! Also, McGee not being a good fit for the Mavs taking absolutely nothing away from what he did here. You brought up Crowder's 3 point shooting and now Crowder's numbers since he isn't playing?! WUT?!?!

Precisely my point.

Crowder isn't playing and McGee hasn't helped the Mavericks much.