Kyler Murray's Attitude

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score
I apologize if I missed this...

Murray has been frustrated with losing and it shows.

Apparently, there is an air of negativity around him.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah. I know some posters like to sling around the "name me one QB with this bad a coach/OL/roster/etc that has excelled" kind of point. I'd rather ask those posters to name one QB that went on to greatness that, when their team initially sucked, absolutely sulked, pouted, had study clauses put into their contracts, etc, and were adding to the problem rather than helping be a solution. Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, guys like that were on the worst of the worst teams to start their careers, but did they go the Kyler route?

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Yeah. I know some posters like to sling around the "name me one QB with this bad a coach/OL/roster/etc that has excelled" kind of point. I'd rather ask those posters to name one QB that went on to greatness that, when their team initially sucked, absolutely sulked, pouted, had study clauses put into their contracts, etc, and were adding to the problem rather than helping be a solution. Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, guys like that were on the worst of the worst teams to start their careers, but did they go the Kyler route?
So, I heart eye reacted your post because this is straight up on point. However, I would really like to complain to management about the fact that loving post content requires giving a heart eyes reaction. It makes it seem as though I have a crush on you. I mean, I do, but that's not the point. Any way we can just get a simple heart reaction?

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Well, Aikman did get Smith and Irvin and a stacked oline drafted within 2 years of his first year, courtesy of the Walker trade. They also had a top defense. Something like that won't happen again.

Not to say Kyler is in the same universe to maturity as them, but that Cowboy era was the biggest, luckiest thing to exist. Thanks to Jimmy Johnson too. He has more eye for talent in his pinky finger than Keim ever will.

Colts just lucked out on the biggest generational prospect ever, thanks to the Cardinals for winning the final game of the season to secure the #2 pick instead of #1.

Thank you Cardinals. You always know how to f**k over your fans. Can't win right. Can't lose right. Only thing they can be sure of is to be the pinnacle of embarrassment of the NFL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Burrow.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
The Cards management has always had a problem with perceiving what is, as opposed to what they imagine or want to be. They have exhibited that with their signing of players over the years.

Its like someone who prefers to live in a 'blue sky' world, than look analytically at situations and make smart decisions based on what actually is. They prefer to ignore the red flags and signs that might have warned them to go in another direction.

It is a bit like a gambler who even though the odds should be enough to tell him that it isn't a wise bet, but they keep hoping the next one is the one they hit on or the one that will get them even.

Signing Murray as they did is a perfect example of this. As was the signing of KK to begin with. They seem to exist purely on hope and blue sky decision making.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Burrow also had a team that was pretty stacked with talent before he got there. After they got there, they gave him tools to succeed and the front office had a plan.
what? NO ONE claimed the Bengals were "stacked" when he got there. AJ Green was one of his starting WRs, he had no offensive line. People were actually talking about his coach being on the hot seat after one season.

and this season, without Chase for a good chunk of it and a bad offensive line and injuries to Higgins, he has still been one of the best QBs in the league.

He's a guy who could have made every excuse in the book for failing... and he overcame all of them. That's what GREAT players do. They elevate the team around them.

Stout

Reaction score
So, I heart eye reacted your post because this is straight up on point. However, I would really like to complain to management about the fact that loving post content requires giving a heart eyes reaction. It makes it seem as though I have a crush on you. I mean, I do, but that's not the point. Any way we can just get a simple heart reaction?
I didn't know that's what the function does. Man, I've been giving lots of folks heart eyes, then lol

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Give them a couple of days. They’ll find a way to spin it to coaching and the coaches faults. Feels like some here should be on KMs payroll as enablers.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
what? NO ONE claimed the Bengals were "stacked" when he got there. AJ Green was one of his starting WRs, he had no offensive line. People were actually talking about his coach being on the hot seat after one season.

and this season, without Chase for a good chunk of it and a bad offensive line and injuries to Higgins, he has still been one of the best QBs in the league.

He's a guy who could have made every excuse in the book for failing... and he overcame all of them. That's what GREAT players do. They elevate the team around them.
This...Going into last year Zac Taylor was the coach with the biggest target on his back and most recognized as the 1st to potentially be fired...lol To say the Bengals were "stacked" when Burrow got there is just wrong.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They were stockpiling talent. Just like the Cards need to do. AJ of 3-4 years ago isn't the sad AJ we are seeing now.

Stout

Reaction score
They were stockpiling talent. Just like the Cards need to do. AJ of 3-4 years ago isn't the sad AJ we are seeing now.
I don't think that process was under way really when Burrow arrived. It began soon after, sure, but they were garbage without many good pieces in place when he got there.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
on the OPs links: is any of this new reporting, or, is this a blog post based on the ESPN article?

because it reads like a rehash of last weeks article

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Two things can be true:

1. This organization is a dumpster fire in basically every way and has failed not just Kyler but every other member of the team

2. Kyler needs to grow up.

The solution:

K1 and everyone else on the team deserve a chance to be coached and managed by actual adults who deserve said jobs. If they’re still not producing them you cut ties.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
AJ Green in 2020, his last year in Cincinnati: 47 Rec | 523 Yards | 11.1 YPC | 2 TD's
AJ Green in 2021, his 1st year in AZ: 54 Rec | 848 Yards | 15.7 YPC | 3 TD's

He missed all of 2019 with an injury, but here are his stats from 2018 in 8 games (injury): 46 Rec | 694 Yards | 15.09 YPC | 6 TD's

AJ Green of 3-4 years ago was injured or non-existent. He absolutely had checked out in 2020. AZ got a better version, regardless of his mental lapses, in 2021. 2022 is rock bottom for him.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Two things can be true:

1. This organization is a dumpster fire in basically every way and has failed not just Kyler but every other member of the team

2. Kyler needs to grow up.

The solution:

K1 and everyone else on the team deserve a chance to be coached and managed by actual adults who deserve said jobs. If they’re still not producing them you cut ties.
Yes!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Also... we better hope & pray the issue with this team is more about Kliff than it is about Kyler... Kliffy can be and should be fired. We're stuck with Kyler.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Is it a stretch to suggest Kyler has caused the retirement of two all-time great hall of famers in Fitz and JJ? That both might've stuck around another year or two, if not Kyler?
Perhaps...
Yes, that's a very far stretch. Replace Kyler with Keim and you might be onto something. They can both read the writing on the walls that the FO is gonna continue to crap the bed with the roster builiding.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is it a stretch to suggest Kyler has caused the retirement of two all-time great hall of famers in Fitz and JJ? That both might've stuck around another year or two, if not for Kyler?
Perhaps...
I hear Kyler is also responsible for the Pottsville Curse, David Boston's steriod use and Lomax's bum hip.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AJ three years ago was ABSOLUTLEY a walking corpse in Burrow's first year. He was injured for multiple season prior to Burrow showing up and was atrocious for the Bengals which is why they let him walk.

and which was why I was so against signing him as a FA two years ago.

And again, they had ZERO offensive linemen. no good TE. They had Higgins and Mixon. That was pretty much it. Then they added Chase (but again, he was injured a huge chunk of this year and Burrow was still aces.) Meanwhile, you could argue the Cardinals "stockpiled talent" the same way adding Hopkins, Ertz, Hollywood and Conner. Now you can make the excuse that there were injuries and yada yada, but AGAIN, the Bengals offense has missed key personnel in huge chunks and Burrow hasn't skipped a beat. All while having an awful O-line.

it's okay to just admit you're wrong every once in a while.