Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Toronto is in a decent spot right now. They have older players like FVV, Anunoby, and Siakam but they have good young talent also, Achuiwa and Barnes. They need to make a move for now or later but they're not quite in blow it up territory. Theres a reason they were active in KD trade discussions. They have pieces they can add to in order to become legit contenders. They just need to figure out if they want to contend now or later. They're probably waiting for the next star to hit the market right now because if they can add a #1 then they can easily contend in the East with what they have.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton first 14 games
14.6 points
8.1 rebounds

Shooting 57/30/66 with 1.9 FTA

Pat Bev push

Ayton next 16 games
20.5 points
11.2 rebounds

Shooting 65/42/73 with 3.8 FTA.
Those second set of numbers should be his season averages at this point.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If this is true he made the same mistake asking too much in the Bogdanovich deal. The CP3 trade was brilliant but I’m not sure what JJ has done since to improve the team. You could see he’s been solid at filling out the end of rotation guys; Craig, McGee, Lee etc.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If this is true he made the same mistake asking too much in the Bogdanovich deal. The CP3 trade was brilliant but I’m not sure what JJ has done since to improve the team. You could see he’s been solid at filling out the end of rotation guys; Craig, McGee, Lee etc.
So you'd make the trade straight up for Rui? Unless he has a level he's yet to show, I don't see how that guy does anything but make us worse.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
So you'd make the trade straight up for Rui? Unless he has a level he's yet to show, I don't see how that guy does anything but make us worse.
It’s a cop out but arguments could be made both ways considering Rui is an active player with the same contract. At the moment we might be looking at extended minutes for Wainright and Saric in the foreseeable future but the Bogdanovich report just rubbed me the wrong way. I see a pattern of JJ thinking Crowder is an asset.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It depends on if JJ asked for Rui and Deni or Deni instead of Rui if he was asking for too much. Either Rui or Avdija for Crowder is a fair swap but both is a bit much. That this is still a thing falls on JJ though. 3 months later and the Suns still aren't any closer to moving Crowder. How many injuries is that deal responsible for? Having someone there could have kept someone from playing extra minutes and allowed a little more rest for some.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what James Jones is thinking if he wanted both Avdija and Hachimura for Crowder. It must have been a bigger trade. Crowder doesn't help the Wizards.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Random but the first three picks in the 2nd round 2018:

Elie Okobo
Jevon Carter
Jalen Brunson

Kinda sucks they didn’t just take Brunson since he was college teammates with Mikal. Maybe the Booker/Ulis thing had McD spooked.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Random but the first three picks in the 2nd round 2018:

Elie Okobo
Jevon Carter
Jalen Brunson

Kinda sucks they didn’t just take Brunson since he was college teammates with Mikal. Maybe the Booker/Ulis thing had McD spooked.
Yeah… Brunson was the guy I wanted with that pick.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a good trade chip! Just saying.

I know what you are saying, but if the Suns are going anywhere, they will need Damion Lee.

What do you say, we trade Jae Crowder while everyone else is out partying?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know what you are saying, but if the Suns are going anywhere, they will need Damion Lee.

What do you say, we trade Jae Crowder while everyone else is out partying?
At worst Crowder is an expiring contract, which in years past, has always been worth something.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At worst Crowder is an expiring contract, which in years past, has always been worth something.

Especially if you add a draft pick or take on a player under contract for more years.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
About Duane Washington, Jr. Since he was a "fringe" player and a two-way free agent of whom little was expected, I have tended to forget that he's only 22. He appears to be nothing but a Microwave at present; but perhaps he could eventually be molded into a real point guard and generally a more complete player.

Does anyone see such potential in him?
I think he’ll become a good offensive player off the bench. I don’t see the vision or passing skills necessary to be a starting pg. at least, not a good one. But if he develops as least passable defensive ability he can perhaps evolve into a top flight sixth man.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On Hoop Collective Windy said the Suns are hard to trade with. JJ has a habit of asking for to much.

Suns are holding out for a legit starter for Crowder whose value is only going down day after day.