Pharoh Cooper

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
As Jimmy Johnson once said, he never understood why some teams do not pay more attention to Special Teams since it decides 1/3 of the game. There is no reason why the Cards should not secure a guy like Pharoh Cooper for next season who would be valuable to any coach and would be inexpensive to say the least. I remember him filling in once at WR and he is far more useful than AJ Green and just as useful as Robbie Anderson. He has made a difference regardless if this team was able to take advantage of his contributions or not

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always loved Pharoh Cooper and Trent Sherfield and didn't understand why they were passed up for some others when all they did was play well when called upon. Dortch too. It's amazing how he'll have a breakout game and then never get targeted for weeks and weeks.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Always loved Pharoh Cooper and Trent Sherfield and didn't understand why they were passed up for some others when all they did was play well when called upon. Dortch too. It's amazing how he'll have a breakout game and then never get targeted for weeks and weeks.
Productive players getting lost in the mix has been a signature of KK’s lack of coaching excellence. And yet we’re somehow still stuck with it. I am so repulsed by this franchise in its current state.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
in year 1 of KK / K1 -- Pharoh Cooper made several big catches as a WR as well as contributing in STs

not sure why they didnt bring him back, or why he doesnt stick with teams

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've been a fan of the guy since his freshman year at South Carolina. He's a dynamic player and could be used in a myriad of ways. Hell, in High School we was a QB and we could bring him in on some wild cat looks and he could contribute there.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have found that good returners are hard to come by. I remember when the Cards had guys like Vai Sikahema, his effect on games was huge. Teams of course draft guys with athletic quickness and think that qualifies them to return kicks but often that is a mixed bag. A guy like Cooper has those special instincts to see through the trash and be productive, almost like a running back with vision but the return game requires a slightly different kind of feel for the flow of a play which he has. I would even say that long field vision is more important than the speed factor

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave