Waiting to trade Crowder

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kuzma doesn’t address either of this team’s two biggest needs… another All-Star caliber player and toughness. It’s tissue paper soft and just broken after the last two back to back playoff collapses. Culture change is desperately needed but I don’t think there’s a disgruntled superstar out there we can deal for that would change the dynamic.

Giving away #1 picks for a Kuzma, who isn’t the missing piece for a title, is an exercise in futility in the present and future when this team is going to need those picks to rebuild.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyle Kuzma and Monte Morris move the needle.

Crowder and Saric plus picks work.

The Suns would even have an open roster spot to further address depth.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your optimism but this team doesn’t have a shot in hell at winning a championship with out without Kuzma, Healthy or hurt.

The mentality is not there anymore. Championship teams don’t get blown out by 20-30 regularly. This team has shown they are willing to quit when the going gets tough all the way back to the playoffs last year. Championship teams don’t quit.

We need a culture change
I don't feel very optimistic, quite the opposite. I just think the addition of Kuzma takes us one step closer. I still feel that ultimately our chance for playoff success depends on Paul playing at that level where CP3 fans could reasonably argue that this is still "his team". If that doesn't happen, we'll be a middle of the playoff pack team and KK doesn't fix that.

But IMO no reasonable trade fixes us right now and culture change does nothing either unless you want to also get rid of Devin, Mikal and DA because they are very much part of our current culture.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyle Kuzma and Monte Morris move the needle.

Crowder and Saric plus picks work.

The Suns would even have an open roster spot to further address depth.
Why are the Wizards taking our trash to get rid of two very productive and young players?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are the Wizards taking our trash to get rid of two very productive and young players?

Expiring contracts and draft picks. Kuzma is going to opt out anyway. Also the Wizards probably want to improve their draft position.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't feel very optimistic, quite the opposite. I just think the addition of Kuzma takes us one step closer. I still feel that ultimately our chance for playoff success depends on Paul playing at that level where CP3 fans could reasonably argue that this is still "his team". If that doesn't happen, we'll be a middle of the playoff pack team and KK doesn't fix that.

But IMO no reasonable trade fixes us right now and culture change does nothing either unless you want to also get rid of Devin, Mikal and DA because they are very much part of our current culture.
One of those two guys is gonna have to go if we want the culture to change. Just can’t be a legit title team if two of your top 3 are as mentally soft as Ayton/Bridges are. And they’re the only pieces we have to try and get a second superstar with a dawg in him to pair with Booker going forward.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expiring contracts and draft picks. Kuzma is going to opt out anyway.
Then why haven’t they made that trade already? And why do you need expirings if Kuzma is expiring also?

And the Suns and Wizards aren’t playing in a vacuum where no other teams exist. Someone else might actually have a young player of value/better picks to grab a guy averaging 21/8/3. Not our trash and likely towards the bottom of the first round pick we’d trade.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then why haven’t they made that trade already? And why do you need expirings if Kuzma is expiring also?

And the Suns and Wizards aren’t playing in a vacuum where no other teams exist. Someone else might actually have a young player if value/better picks to grab a guy averaging 21/8/3. Not our trash and likely towards the bottom of the first round pick we’d trade.

The Wizards want to get something if they think they can't keep Kuzma. Expiring contracts and picks give them assets going forward.

It's a valid point, the Suns will have competition for these players.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I appreciate your optimism but this team doesn’t have a shot in hell at winning a championship with out without Kuzma, Healthy or hurt.

The mentality is not there anymore. Championship teams don’t get blown out by 20-30 regularly. This team has shown they are willing to quit when the going gets tough all the way back to the playoffs last year. Championship teams don’t quit.

We need a culture change

The Warriors got blown out by 50 in the Western Conference semifinals and ended up winning the series the next game. They get blown out a lot. That's today's NBA. A 10-15 point lead or deficit is nothing. 30 point blowouts are now what 10 point blowouts were.

It's not even the halfway point of the season. There's a lot more basketball to be played.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last year, right now, Boston was below .500, wasn't even a play in team and were getting blasted quite often. They got some guys healthy, they made a trade that seemed minor, then turned into the contender everyone thought they were at the start of the year.

Hopefully we can pull a similar shift.

We really need some guys to get healthy though. When our only hobbled guy was Paul we were the #1 seed in the West.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My opinion on Crowder has been that he provides very little, and this season couldn’t be more true lol

Seriously imo he had little value based on his performances and probably because he can’t stay with one team.

Now that he’s sat out for a while, his value is only lower. We just need to move him soon here as we can’t keep playing a depleted roster.

Or JJ can simply give a vet a 10 day.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year, right now, Boston was below .500, wasn't even a play in team and were getting blasted quite often. They got some guys healthy, they made a trade that seemed minor, then turned into the contender everyone thought they were at the start of the year.

Hopefully we can pull a similar shift.

We really need some guys to get healthy though. When our only hobbled guy was Paul we were the #1 seed in the West.
What Boston did had never happened previous in NBA history. Holding on to repeating a once in a league history feat is an exercise in futility.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What Boston did had never happened previous in NBA history. Holding on to repeating a once in a league history feat is an exercise in futility.

That ain't true, not even kinda true. We're also not near as bad as they were at the same point.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
My opinion on Crowder has been that he provides very little, and this season couldn’t be more true lol

Seriously imo he had little value based on his performances and probably because he can’t stay with one team.

Now that he’s sat out for a while, his value is only lower. We just need to move him soon here as we can’t keep playing a depleted roster.

Or JJ can simply give a vet a 10 day.
Jae as a rotation player is great value and would be very helpful if he wasn’t being a baby at the moment

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the suns he would be. Who is a better scorer? Paul, Bridges, Ayton? He would be best that may be available now.

Ayton is they ever actually were consistent on getting him the ball. Ayton is shooting 62%

We need a shot creator. A guy that can clear out and get a bucket or create. Kuzma isn’t that at all he’s another guy that needs to be fed

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Ayton is they ever actually were consistent on getting him the ball. Ayton is shooting 62%

We need a shot creator. A guy that can clear out and get a bucket or create. Kuzma isn’t that at all he’s another guy that needs to be fed
Who is that guy that is available? You aren’t going to find the perfect match at this point in the season. Kuzma can put up points.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who is that guy that is available? You aren’t going to find the perfect match at this point in the season. Kuzma can put up points.

That search should have started the second we got bounced in game 7.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If Monty continues to feature Ayton more in the offense, he’s #2. That doesn’t mean that there couldnt be a 2a in there, but a perimeter player’s best friend is a big man who can pull defenders into the paint to give them space.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
No trades until the sale is final I’m assuming. The radio guys said there was a 2 month gap between the Jazz new owners reaching a deal and makin it final.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kuzma doesn’t address either of this team’s two biggest needs… another All-Star caliber player and toughness. It’s tissue paper soft and just broken after the last two back to back playoff collapses. Culture change is desperately needed but I don’t think there’s a disgruntled superstar out there we can deal for that would change the dynamic.

Giving away #1 picks for a Kuzma, who isn’t the missing piece for a title, is an exercise in futility in the present and future when this team is going to need those picks to rebuild.
I don't think he is a bad fit. He is 6'9 and a good rebounder which we badly need. He is also a pretty decent scorer, which we also need. He's also not old, so he could become another core player. And he is gettable for a price that does not require completely gutting the team.

Is he a perfect fit, of course not - but a perfect fit has always been an unreasonable ask.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Go get Miles Bridges from the Hornets they are not going to want him back. He might miss a year but People will also hate him

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go get Miles Bridges from the Hornets they are not going to want him back. He might miss a year but People will also hate him

I don't think the best way for the franchise to recover it's public image is for the new ownership's first move to bring in a guy who beat the ever living crap out of the mother of his children.

Dude should be in prison.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave