New Owner - Mat Ishbia

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol wish I had his income :)

Sounds like a promising gm sure better than 1 the Cards will pick lol ugh on cards

Wishing he knows how trade and make good draft picks fa signings

Only time will tell

420 bong rip to new gm hope long carrer in az

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol wish I had his income :)

Sounds like a promising gm sure better than 1 the Cards will pick lol ugh on cards

Wishing he knows how trade and make good draft picks fa signings

Only time will tell

420 bong rip to new gm hope long carrer in az
What? OWNER not a GM are you high lol

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So apparently Ishiba is buying just over 50% of the team including all of Sarvers share, so a lot of the previous minority owners still remain. This is good news to me, because the brothers shelling out 2 billion instead of 4 billion means they have a lot more personal wealth left over and are that much more likely to spend money on the team.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Because the political leanings of an owner matter to many of their fans - if you have a literal techno-fascist (Thiel) mentioned as an option, a guy like Ishbia is a major relief.

You're not forced to comment on the post, and if you want to keep to basketball, you do you!
To be fair, by similar logic the fact that he has recently supported reps could easily be used against him if people decide to do so. At some point you just have to accept someone's political affiliations and leanings. The most important thing in the end is do they have deep pockets and do they care about winning. Outside of racist/sexist comments or actions people will eventually let the other stuff go.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You know we’ve got perception issues in this country when I see he’s worth $6B and I’m disappointed he’s not Bezos rich and then I find out he’d be the 8th richest owner in the nba. Lol.

I like he’s young. I like he played under Izzo. I like he played for Michigan state when it experienced unparalleled success. Was worried he was a “born on third base” guy taking over his fathers business, but it looks like he took a successful business and made it an absolute mega success. That’s some good chops there. Hopefully he’s the guy and he just makes the suns his baby and we become champions.
This. I thought he may not be rich enough. Now I'm a bit happier.

I like that he will be uber competitive.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He played for Michigan State under Tom Izzo, which is cool. J-Rich commenting is interesting. You have to wonder if any of his former teammates from Michigan will join the Suns in some capacity. Of note, he's played alongside a number of former NBA players. Jason Richardson, Mateen Cleaves, Charlie Bell, Morris Peterson, Zack Randolph, Paul Davis, Maurice Ager, and Alan Anderson. Mo Pete, J-Rich, and Z-Bo all had good long careers while the rest just had cups of coffee in the league, essentially.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Took over his Daddy's business? Yeah, he was the 12th team member when he went to work there in 2003. He became the CEO in 2013. Now they have 7000 team members. He hates to lose and wants to win at any cost. No, he is not Sarver. Go SUNS!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave