What should we do with our WR corps in the offseason

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yet some posters are absolutely enamored with him.

I mean, give the dude credit. He's turned an injury-riddles almost nothing of a college career into a payday as a 2nd-round pick. Kudos to him!

He had over 80 yards a game his last 3 game (shrug)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moore and Dortch are interchangeable and should used that way. I believe both are under contract for next year.
Green, gone. Nuf said.
Brown should be the guy we could trade and get something in return but I’m afraid Kyler would start crying. Then again maybe a new GM and head coach won’t worry about his feelings.
Anderson is the type of Wr we could use. Tall, outside and fast. However, he will walk because we are not over paying him. I’m sure the front office will convince us Wesley is that guy. We simply can’t invest 50m on our Wr Corp. Not with the holes we have.

And this crap about Kyler won’t throw to a Wr he doesn’t trust is plain stupid. YOU THROW TO THE OPEN GUY.
Perfect example in the Raiders game today. The Patriots did everything they could to take away Waller and Adams. Carr turned to Hollins. WHO? Why? Because he was the open guy not because Hollins is his best buddy.

If we don’t solidify the trenches over the next two years we will flounder for the next 5 years minimum.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I knew I could count on you to be the lone voice shouting against the storm lol

I'm the lone voice that Rondale is a good player and injuries are random?

Fans are weird then.

This feels a lot like everyone saying Kirk was a JAG and we should move on from him and now suddenly everyone thinks we should have extended him.

Rondale is going to be fine.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Fans are weird then.

This feels a lot like everyone saying Kirk was a JAG and we should move on from him and now suddenly everyone thinks we should have extended him.

The lone guy thinking a guy that's always injured has merely been hit by random injuries lol

Very poor attempt of whataboutism with Kirk, btw.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The lone guy thinking a guy that's always injured has merely been hit by random injuries lol

Very poor attempt of whataboutism with Kirk, btw.

He had one hamstring injury in college and missed 8 games. He could have returned earlier but Purdue were done they took their time. So the "He has a history" thing holds zero weight. He had less injury history than Nick Bosa.

He missed weeks 15, 16 and 17 last year with an ankle injury. Hurt his Hamstring in camp and missed 3 games and now he has a groin strain.

The whole "Keim should have know" thing is complete BS. And his injuries have generally been different things. Ankle, Hamstring, Groin.

The Kirk thing is not whataboutism. It's simple pointing out that this is more of the same.

Stout

Reaction score
He had one hamstring injury in college and missed 8 games. He could have returned earlier but Purdue were done they took their time. So the "He has a history" thing holds zero weight. He had less injury history than Nick Bosa.

He missed weeks 15, 16 and 17 last year with an ankle injury. Hurt his Hamstring in camp and missed 3 games and now he has a groin strain.

The whole "Keim should have know" thing is complete BS. And his injuries have generally been different things. Ankle, Hamstring, Groin.

The Kirk thing is not whataboutism. It's simple pointing out that this is more of the same.
So it in reality was a good 2nd round draft pick? You're killing me, man. Seriously, you should do standup!

Tell me more about how this roster kicked butt and was set up for a deep playoff run ;)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Fans are weird then.

Remember: averaging 80 yards/gm over a three-game stretch is NOT random, but being consistently injured and unavailable over most of four seasons as a collegian and professional is not.

Got it.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Next year is the year to eat that so we save a lot more for the future.
Exactly. At this rate we should stockpile all of Keim’s nonsense into next season assuming Kyler won’t be ready/100% anyway. Get a day two pick for Hop.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Fans are weird then.

Just like you said about this season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So it in reality was a good 2nd round draft pick? You're killing me, man. Seriously, you should do standup!

Tell me more about how this roster kicked butt and was set up for a deep playoff run ;)

Remember: averaging 80 yards/gm over a three-game stretch is NOT random, but being consistently injured and unavailable over most of four seasons as a collegian and professional is not.

Got it.

He's not consistently injured. He had 1 injury in college. 1.

Your argument hasn;t been that he is a good player, it's been that he never should have been drafted because of a college injury history that doesn't exist. If GM's didn't draft players that had 1 injury in college then there would be about 50 players in the draft.

Marshon Lattimore missedthe whole of 2014 and 10 games in 2015 with hamstring injuries. No such issues in the league. Dalvin Cook had multiple shoulder injuries. Gronk had major back issues in college. Gurley tore his ACL in college but was healthy most of his career.

The idea that anyone "Should have known" or we shouldn't have drafted him because one his single hamstring injury is silly. The injuries he has suffered have been random.

Regarding his talent, as some seem to be questioning that too. He has 51.8 yards per game this season which is comparible to Kirk's early production. Despite how we use him.

I have zero concerns about his talent, and I don't blame anyone for drafting him. And I say this as someone who was against drafting him because I don't like physical outliers.

It may turn out he's injury prone. It happens. But it's nobodies fault, least of all Rondale's, who by all accounts is a hard working, conciencious kid. So ragging on the kid all the time isn't particularly nice.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Your argument hasn;t been that he is a good player, it's been that he never should have been drafted because of a college injury history that doesn't exist. If GM's didn't draft players that had 1 injury in college then there would be about 50 players in the draft.

Marshon Lattimore missedthe whole of 2014 and 10 games in 2015 with hamstring injuries. No such issues in the league. Dalvin Cook had multiple shoulder injuries. Gronk had major back issues in college. Gurley tore his ACL in college but was healthy most of his career.

The idea that anyone "Should have known" or we shouldn't have drafted him because one his single hamstring injury is silly. The injuries he has suffered have been random.

Regarding his talent, as some seem to be questioning that too. He has 51.8 yards per game this season which is comparible to Kirk's early production. Despite how we use him.

I have zero concerns about his talent, and I don't blame anyone for drafting him. And I say this as someone who was against drafting him because I don't like physical outliers.

It may turn out he's injury prone. It happens. But it's nobodies fault, least of all Rondale's, who by all accounts is a hard working, conciencious kid. So ragging on the kid all the time isn't particularly nice.
You must be registered for see images attach

So Rondale Moore appeared in seven of Purdue's 18 games over two seasons because he was very healthy?

Stout

Reaction score

Yet again, you're the only "right" poster and everyone else is crazy. Go on with your bad self. I've been there, done that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yet again, you're the only "right" poster and everyone else is crazy. Go on with your bad self. I've been there, done that.

Bit egotistical no? To think I am the only one that thinks this and everyone else agrees with you.

You have one opinion, I strongly disagree with it and have pointed out why. Doesn't make me right, and doesn't make you right.

In fact neither of us are right until Rondale proves it so either way.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

So Rondale Moore appeared in seven of Purdue's 18 games over two seasons because he was very healthy?

Wow, he missed 3 games in 2020. Put him down.

How does this in any way invalidate the point that many NFL players, many great ones, have had more concerning and more extensive college injury records and not had the same issues in the NFL?

And as such why would you let something as benign as a hamstring injury put you off drafting him when say, a team with a reputation for good drafting like the Saints didn't let two even worse hamstring injuries deter them from drafting Lattimore in round 1? Maybe teams aren't particularly concerned about hamstring injuries?

I know you're a long time proponent of "I knew this guy would get injured because he was injured in college" but that's because it obviously never gets used all the times the injured college guy is just fine.

Anquan Boldin tore his ACL in college. Missed an entire year. In his first 6 years he had 4 seasons where he only started 9, 11, 14 and 11 games. Yet he's still revered.

The fact is neither of us knows how Rondale will turn out but his college injury record won't have anything to do with it.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Everybody on here wants to attack one guy who posts mostly positive Cardinal stuff. Every time he posts, the same old posters attack his posts negatively. I don't get it. Is it because he is a "foreigner". Is he always wrong in his positive posts? I'm surprised you haven't chased him away as some have done, but, I assume it's not from lack of trying? SMH.

Stout

Reaction score
Everybody on here wants to attack one guy who posts mostly positive Cardinal stuff. Every time he posts, the same old posters attack his posts negatively. I don't get it. Is it because he is a "foreigner". Is he always wrong in his positive posts? I'm surprised you haven't chased him away as some have done, but, I assume it's not from lack of trying? SMH.
There's positive, then there's Kevin Bacon "Remain calm, all is well!" positive. Never going to dig on the latter.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with his nationality. We have many posters who aren’t U.S. citizens. I don’t know why you would bring that up unless you’re projecting.

And if you want to know why people respond to his posts, read their posts. They are, invariably, directly responsive to what he types. If a lot of posters disagree with his points, well aren’t those posters entitled to their opinions? Sorry not everyone here is positive in this death spiral of a season following season-ending meltdowns in the previous three seasons with the same cast of characters. It’s just a little bit of reality.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Wow, he missed 3 games in 2020. Put him down.

How does this in any way invalidate the point that many NFL players, many great ones, have had more concerning and more extensive college injury records and not had the same issues in the NFL?

And as such why would you let something as benign as a hamstring injury put you off drafting him when say, a team with a reputation for good drafting like the Saints didn't let two even worse hamstring injuries deter them from drafting Lattimore in round 1? Maybe teams aren't particularly concerned about hamstring injuries?

I know you're a long time proponent of "I knew this guy would get injured because he was injured in college" but that's because it obviously never gets used all the times the injured college guy is just fine.

Anquan Boldin tore his ACL in college. Missed an entire year. In his first 6 years he had 4 seasons where he only started 9, 11, 14 and 11 games. Yet he's still revered.

The fact is neither of us knows how Rondale will turn out but his college injury record won't have anything to do with it.
The point you’re missing is the guys you mentioned getting injured all came back and showed they were productive and can still contribute while being healthy

Moore’s best football year was as a freshman and has missed significant time ever since and has shown he can’t stay healthy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fans are weird then.

I like Rondale too but I have to admit if he's having the same injury issues next year I would be ready to move on. I think he's talented and was severely misused by Kliff last year, but he HAS to be healthy next year. You can't miss this many games. That said as I said the other day I believe if we had a winning record he'd be playing right now, it just makes no sense to risk further injury so they put him on IR.

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
You can't afford to keep players there. Over if they are injured one minute and play the next. Need to find healthy but consistent players.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Got it.

To be fair his last year of college he was going to sit out because of Covid. Then he decided to come back and play, 8 days after the Big 10 announced they were NOT going to cancel the season as previously planned. Moore then surprised everyone at Purdue by saying he was going to play afterall, he'd originally planned on sitting the season and cramming in credits so he could graduate early and then go to the NFL draft. THey only played 6 games that year he played 3 and sat the first 3. They never gave an official reason but the generally accepted one was because he had NOT planned on playing originally, due to Covid, he wasn't in game shape and so he had to get into game shape before he could play the final 3 games.

The prior year he missed a bunch of games and that was my biggest concern on him pre draft. But I don't really hold his junior year against him that was such a bizarre year with Covid.

This year concerns me but again it's not a huge surprise when a guy who has a hamstring injury comes back and then gets a groin injury, there's always that risk. I expect he'd be playing now if we weren't 4-10 but I guess we'll never know.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
To be fair his last year of college he was going to sit out because of Covid. Then he decided to come back and play, 8 days after the Big 10 announced they were NOT going to cancel the season as previously planned. Moore then surprised everyone at Purdue by saying he was going to play afterall, he'd originally planned on sitting the season and cramming in credits so he could graduate early and then go to the NFL draft. THey only played 6 games that year he played 3 and sat the first 3. They never gave an official reason but the generally accepted one was because he had NOT planned on playing originally, due to Covid, he wasn't in game shape and so he had to get into game shape before he could play the final 3 games.

The prior year he missed a bunch of games and that was my biggest concern on him pre draft. But I don't really hold his junior year against him that was such a bizarre year with Covid.

This year concerns me but again it's not a huge surprise when a guy who has a hamstring injury comes back and then gets a groin injury, there's always that risk. I expect he'd be playing now if we weren't 4-10 but I guess we'll never know.
Wishcasting. What happened last season?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wishcasting. What happened last season?

It's not wishcasting I'm just pointing out his junior year in college was not a normal year nobody knows if he was injured or not, they never said he was they never said he wasn't, because of privacy rules the 3 games he missed, all the coach did was read a canned script that's all they were allowed to do.

Last year he got hurt, like I said if he's hurt again next year I'm in favor of moving on. But at least be accurate when using games missed against him, we have no idea why he missed games as a junior.

If next year is like this year I'm all for playing Dortch and moving on, but if he's healthy I think he can be an impactful guy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's not wishcasting I'm just pointing out his junior year in college was not a normal year nobody knows if he was injured or not, they never said he was they never said he wasn't, because of privacy rules the 3 games he missed, all the coach did was read a canned script that's all they were allowed to do.

Last year he got hurt, like I said if he's hurt again next year I'm in favor of moving on. But at least be accurate when using games missed against him, we have no idea why he missed games as a junior.

If next year is like this year I'm all for playing Dortch and moving on, but if he's healthy I think he can be an impactful guy.
Please don't cite the games Rondale Moore actually missed when discussing Rondale Moore missing games. Some of those games may have been missed because he doesn't want to play in them. Like the games I'm asserting without evidence he's currently missing. Thanks.