Is there a reason why we don't fire Kliff today?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't understand HOW he still has a job! PLEASE someone enlighten me!!!
Probably because he's in the first year of a five year deal & Bidwill has already taken enough heat from all the **** happening this season. Not to mention the **** he caused by signing these 2 bozos to 5 year deals. That last part alone (5 year deals) makes it harder to can KK until the season ends, he would be the laughing stock of the NFL if he did it now imo if he isn't already lol? He's gonna wait & fire KK on black Monday & then the reports will start to surface as to why he fired him & who he's trying to hire. These NFL insiders pay people inside every team to give them info I'm sure. Like I said in another thread, I'm gonna have a little faith & say that Bidwill has something up his sleeve. He just looked too calm in the owners box on MNF after the Kyler injury while sitting with the Governor.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably because he's in the first year of a five year deal & Bidwill has already taken enough heat from all the **** happening this season. Not to mention the **** he caused by signing these 2 bozos to 5 year deals. That last part alone (5 year deals) makes it harder to can KK until the season ends, he would be the laughing stock of the NFL if he did it now imo if he isn't already lol? He's gonna wait & fire KK on black Monday & then the reports will start to surface as to why he fired him & who he's trying to hire. These NFL insiders pay people inside every team to give them info I'm sure. Like I said in another thread, I'm gonna have a little faith & say that Bidwill has something up his sleeve. He just looked too calm in the owners box on MNF after the Kyler injury while sitting with the Governor.
This is totally wrong.

His 5 year deal starts next year. :beer:

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horrible move by Klownsbury Jerry. Horrible. The consequences of failing on 2 are ballgame. Nothing else matters.
You and everyone who thinks it was a bad call to try a two-point conversion after the last TD are just plain wrong. There's no rational argument to kick the extra point there. This guy explains it as well as anyone.

...dave

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You and everyone who thinks it was a bad call to try a two-point conversion after the last TD are just plain wrong. There's no rational argument to kick the extra point there. This guy explains it as well as anyone.

...dave
Dafuq you talking about, not a bad call? You keep the game a 1-possession game every freaking time. Love how the article just seems to brush past the "sure, you demoralize your team" angle. But, but it's more demoralizing to lose with seconds left? Balderdash. How about getting your nuts stomped in and then having to go out there and score twice? Dumb de dumb dumb DUMBBBB!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This has been a season, so profoundly bad that I am at a loss.

I hated the extensions when they happened, as many here did. They've played out worse than anyone could fathom.

Keim is gone, that seems for sure, I suspect Kingsbury gets a year under a new GM (likely AW), which will be a waste of time. Also, if AW is our "head scout" then, as much as I loved the guy as a player... yikes.

In just about 12 months this franchise has gone from being one that I envisioned as being in the mix for a long while to being probably the most hopeless franchise in football.

Oof.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rethinking the last post...

We're not the most hopeless franchise.

That honor goes to the Browns and Broncos. While all 3 franchises just pissed away hundreds of millions on QBs that are unlikely to win a single playoff game, at least we didn't give away years of our draft to do so.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dafuq you talking about, not a bad call? You keep the game a 1-possession game every freaking time. [...] Dumb de dumb dumb DUMBBBB!

Nah that article didn’t sway me at all.

What's DUMB is playing to lose more slowly, rather than playing to win. If you want to WIN, you go for two as early as possible, so you know how to plan your remaining time.

Imagine you're down 8 with 2 minutes to go. Do you try to use up the whole two minutes and score with no time remaining, so as not to leave the opponent with time to score a game winning FG? Or do you try to score as quickly as possible, to leave yourself time for an onside kick and another FG drive? You don't know which to do because you don't know whether you'll make the 2-point conversion.

Go for it earlier and then you'll either be down by 7 or 9 and you'll be able to maximize your chances of winning. That's the name of the game... Not "keeping (false) hope alive until it's too late".

...dave

P.S. There are some point margins where the advantage of kicking or going for two depends on the time remaining... But after snoring to reduce a 15-point deficit to 9 points is not one of them. Expected win percentage is ALWAYS higher by going for two early in that scenario.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
You only have a few games left, it's irrelevant if they fire him now or after the season and it does not stop Michael from already considering a new coach as he is reportedly doing for the vacant GM position. Makes no sense now to shuffle the current coaching staff with a temporary solution

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When to attempt the two-pointer is always debatable, although I personally cleave towards the “keep your win chances alive as long as you can” strategy of waiting until you absolutely need it.

Now, here’s something upon which we can all agree as being REALLY dumb: those five-year extensions. Oh yeah, and the #BIRDCITY hashtag.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

...dave
Sorry Dave I don’t give a damn what that says...probably the same analytical fools who give these coaches the going for it info.

Bottom line is, think about this:
If you get the 2 points how many possessions are you down? One. If you kick the xtra point, how many possessions are you down? Yep the same one!!! If you fail in the 2pts how many possessions are you down? Two. Ballgame! End of story, lights out, end of discussion imo.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry Dave I don’t give a damn what that says...probably the same analytical fools who give these coaches the going for it info.

Bottom line is, think about this:
If you get the 2 points how many possessions are you down? One. If you kick the xtra point, how many possessions are you down? Yep the same one!!! If you fail in the 2pts how many possessions are you down? Two. Ballgame! End of story, lights out, end of discussion imo.
Your logical fallacy is that you think if they kick the extra point, they're down one possession. That's only true IF they make the two-point conversion later. If they don't make the two-point conversion later, they weren't really down by one score - they just FALSELY THOUGHT they were, and wasted time trying for one more score when in reality they needed two - keeping false hope alive and planning to lose more slowly.

At the time of the decision, you don't know whether you'll make the two-point conversion or not, and you're no more likely to make it at the end of the game than earlier. So it's better to try earlier and know the outcome of the two-point conversion, so you can plan to maximize your chances of winning.

To argue otherwise is to compare a scenario where you know you missed the two-point conversion earlier, with a scenario where you think you might make it later. That may make it seem appealing to people, but it's erroneous thinking.

Anyone who argues otherwise doesn't understand math, logic, decision theory, or probabilities, and is just being emotional. And is wrong. And THAT is the end of the discussion for me.

...dave

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This has been a season, so profoundly bad that I am at a loss.

I hated the extensions when they happened, as many here did. They've played out worse than anyone could fathom.

Keim is gone, that seems for sure, I suspect Kingsbury gets a year under a new GM (likely AW), which will be a waste of time. Also, if AW is our "head scout" then, as much as I loved the guy as a player... yikes.

In just about 12 months this franchise has gone from being one that I envisioned as being in the mix for a long while to being probably the most hopeless franchise in football.

Oof.
If you bring in a new coach, Kyler won’t be able to fully invest in the new scheme (I think Kyler sucks) even with his documented lack of work on his skills. It will take a disaster and drop an atomic bomb on it.

New GM who will “evaluate” Kliff for a year and then get a new HC after Kyler has fully healed and reset.

Kyler’s injury really has messed up the timeline and options

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you bring in a new coach, Kyler won’t be able to fully invest in the new scheme (I think Kyler sucks) even with his documented lack of work on his skills. It will take a disaster and drop an atomic bomb on it.

New GM who will “evaluate” Kliff for a year and then get a new HC after Kyler has fully healed and reset.

Kyler’s injury really has messed up the timeline and options
Lol what more is there to evaluate of Kliffy? He’s got 4 years of tape… enough is enough - you want to further impede the development of any young players we have on the team?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What's DUMB is playing to lose more slowly, rather than playing to win. If you want to WIN, you go for two as early as possible, so you know how to plan your remaining time.

Imagine you're down 8 with 2 minutes to go. Do you try to use up the whole two minutes and score with no time remaining, so as not to leave the opponent with time to score a game winning FG? Or do you try to score as quickly as possible, to leave yourself time for an onside kick and another FG drive? You don't know which to do because you don't know whether you'll make the 2-point conversion.

Go for it earlier and then you'll either be down by 7 or 9 and you'll be able to maximize your chances of winning. That's the name of the game... Not "keeping (false) hope alive until it's too late".

...dave

P.S. There are some point margins where the advantage of kicking or going for two depends on the time remaining... But after snoring to reduce a 15-point deficit to 9 points is not one of them. Expected win percentage is ALWAYS higher by going for two early in that scenario.

#1: You should always be playing as fast as possible in a comeback, unless you're about to score to take a lead/tie the game for certain and don't want to leave the other team time.

#2: You just pretend sports psychology doesn't exist, which is funny and not true.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol what more is there to evaluate of Kliffy? He’s got 4 years of tape… enough is enough - you want to further impede the development of any young players we have on the team?
Evaluates was in quotes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

...dave

Does that article take into account kliff’s time management? Putting yourself in a position where you may need two scores may be the “right” call statistically for most scenarios, but virtually never for kliff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson