Steve Keim taking an indefinite, health-related leave of absence

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could you really enforce it if someone went ahead and disabled it though?

There's so many older vehicles on the road that I don't know you could make this really happen unless you made interlock devices mandatory on all vehicles.

I recently rented a vehicle that would stop moving if you didn't have your seat belt engaged.

So yes they can do it

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I find the Kugler arbitration filing curious. A month goes by and we haven't heard any denials from Kugler regarding these disgraceful accusations. I just can't believe that an innocent person would remain quiet for a month before proclaiming their innocence. If accused of something like this I think most people would be claiming their innocence to anyone that would listen. This just doesn't pass the smell test to me.
It takes time to file a suit. 30 days is very small.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
A lot of innocent people are quiet because their legal counsel has told them to remain silent until the proper proceedings. Don't want the person saying anything off the cuff which could then be used against them at a later time. Plus, it's basically just one guy versus a multi-billion-dollar team with its own slew of lawyers.
BINGO!!!

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who is playing who?

1. Did Keim caught wind of the lawsuit and went to a rehab to keep as little info as possible coming out and thus is playing the Cardinals?

2.Is Bidwill and Keim both are trying to play Kugler?

3. Is Bidwill playing fans to obfuscate the truth?

4. Is Kugler playing Cardinals as he believes there is no evidence than he-said, she-said ?

These smugs are worse than Downton Abbey characters.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I don't think a simple, "I didn't do it", would create any legal liabilities.
Any lawyer worth their salt will tell you to shut the eff up about everything. Don’t talk, shut up, go dark, don’t say anything, shut up. It has nothing to do with guilt or innocence. It has to do with the manipulation of facts. If they know what your defense is, they’re going to manipulate it.

Shut the eff up, period. Maybe you can tell your dog what happened when you are both in the middle of the lake fishing by yourselves, but even then most lawyers will say “not even your dog.”

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Any lawyer worth their salt will tell you to shut the eff up about everything. Don’t talk, shut up, go dark, don’t say anything, shut up. It has nothing to do with guilt or innocence. It has to do with the manipulation of facts. If they know what your defense is, they’re going to manipulate it.

Shut the eff up, period. Maybe you can tell your dog what happened when you are both in the middle of the lake fishing by yourselves, but even then most lawyers will say “not even your dog.”
This. Kugler's silence is far from any kind of admission of guilt.

Big_Red_One

Rookie
Reaction score
Has anyone considered that perhaps Keim was drinking with Kugler during the incident, and upon further review MB told Keim to get help?

Some of other scenarios seem unlikely and more of a defense of Kugler.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone considered that perhaps Keim was drinking with Kugler during the incident, and upon further review MB told Keim to get help?

Some of other scenarios seem unlikely and more of a defense of Kugler.
The truth will come out some day. Or, at least part of it. All we have is hearsay at this point.

Big_Red_One

Rookie
Reaction score
The truth will come out some day. Or, at least part of it. All we have is hearsay at this point.
Agree, all we have are wild rumors and speculation.
I hope his medical condition does not excuse Keim's role in building this team, the cap issues and drafting debacles, and MB pulls the trigger on a new GM.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

i want an outside perspective brought in as much as anybody -- but we better prep ourselves for one of the two noted above to be named GM.

the reasons:

1. So very, very Bidwill to promote an internal candidate they know vs an outsider that they dont

2. The NFL would very much like to increase the number of black executives, and the team has two that have been put forward in the various NFL exposure vehicles for minority representation. It would be such a terrible look, regardless of justification, to pass on both.

3. The Bidwills owe their reputation with owners as being team players within the NFL -- so see point 2.

4. Oh by the way: they are also named in the Flores/Wilks suit. Not a good fact to pass on both your minority executive candidates and hire (presumably) a white guy from the outside.

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
btw: what is the Occams razor explanation for the Kugler request for arbitration?

he wants a settlement. this is true even if he knows full well he did it.

His law firm is likely working for a small fixed retainer + a cut of whatever Kugler gets.

From Kugler's perspective, he gets $0 now -- so spending $10k in hopes of getting $150k or so is a decent bet. A settlement also lets him spin that his offense wasnt as bad as reported or something like that.

the press release by his lawyers is a standard pressure tactic. It says to the Cardinals -- "isnt writing a check for $150K or so and letting this go away quietly better than this?" The Cardinals likely spend that much on attorneys anyway on this matter.

then there is always the risk that the arbitration panel may find that Kugler did it -- but take issue with the way the investigation was done and find it was contrary to the employment contract ---- and award Kugler money. Generally no appeal rights in arbitration either.

that outcome would make the Cardinal org look terrible.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe we’ll get lucky & Q.Harris’ vision is a lot different than Keim’s, but he obviously didn’t have the power to override Keim.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

i want an outside perspective brought in as much as anybody -- but we better prep ourselves for one of the two noted above to be named GM.

the reasons:

1. So very, very Bidwill to promote an internal candidate they know vs an outsider that they dont

2. The NFL would very much like to increase the number of black executives, and the team has two that have been put forward in the various NFL exposure vehicles for minority representation. It would be such a terrible look, regardless of justification, to pass on both.

3. The Bidwills owe their reputation with owners as being team players within the NFL -- so see point 2.

4. Oh by the way: they are also named in the Flores/Wilks suit. Not a good fact to pass on both your minority executive candidates and hire (presumably) a white guy from the outside.
Here's a contributing reason why they may not look outside the organization AND Kliff possibly keeps his job another year or two.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Kliff should only get to stay under the condition that he gets an NFL OC that holds Kyler accountable. Also...a real QB coach would be nice. This cheerleader crap needs to end.

1000%. I don't think Murray will ever realize his vast potential if Kliff is his day-to-day mentor/leader.

I want Kliff gone because I think another year with him will be produce similar results to what we've already seen, but if he does get another year, for gods sake get someone in there that will get in Murray's face when he needs it. I'm a "player's coach" too, right up to the point where one of my charges is not doing their job, and then I turn into kind of an *******. I don't like to do it, but it's part of life. It's part of helping people realize their full potential and being fair to the other members of the team.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
With all due respect to ADub and Harris, they are part of the problem. Go outside the organization!

Bidwill is being presented with the rare opportunity to effect organization-wide change for the better. You don't get many chances like this in life. Let's hope he's smart enough and wise enough to seize the day.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim has a 5 year contract. I believe when the dust settles he will be reassigned. He will still have some influence on operations. You can bet Wilson or Harris will be the next GM. I wouldn’t put it past Bidwill to have co-GM’s basically because he’s an idiot.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

the reasons:

I’m all for promoting from within when culture is healthy and competent.

When it’s not, that’s when you stop promoting internally and hire outside.