Steve Keim taking an indefinite, health-related leave of absence

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And that will be on any background check by an employer for the rest of his life. Yes, one can be all hard ass "It's the LAW! He should have not made that decision." And technically be correct. But not all mistakes are as severe as others. Not all DUIs are equal. No one survives being a teenager without doing at least one really stupid thing. It doesn't have to haunt them for the rest of your life. I think everyone here can think of themselves at 18 and 25 and realize they were not the same at those ages.
He actually didn't get convicted of it... long story.

My only point in telling the story in the first place was to say what you basically have said... teenagers make poor decisions pretty often. The concept that Keim had an alcohol issue for "decades" based off of a college DUI doesn't vibe for me, and my friend's situation is one of many reasons why.

No one would look at him now in his mid-30s and say "you have an alcohol issue" because he blew a .03 15 years ago.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the relevance is only true for Mike

the three other kids? not so much

selling the team would net each something like $500 mm after tax.

Its true for all of them. They are the Cardinals owning Bidwill's.

They make millions every year for eternity. Why sell the goose when it lays you golden eggs every year?

Plus you're the guy who's family owns one of only 32 gold egg laying geese. Rather that just a guy.

If you owned them would you ever sell?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think a simple, "I didn't do it", would create any legal liabilities.

Exactly. The lawyers themselves would release a statement within days saying "Our client denies the accusations and we will release more later".

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It will take some work to retroactively free people who knowingly broke the law at the time of their incarceration. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
If present day society has determined that we don’t think the activities should be considered criminal any longer then there’s literally no reason to keep them locked up. Many that were incarcerated for marijuana crimes were selling what we would consider small amounts and got decades of imprisonment for it. Many were doing the only thing they could in desperate times to survive and it’s not even criminal anymore. The whole “don’t do the crime…” soliloquy in regards to these imprisonments sounds an awful lot like a sheltered privileged judgment.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It will take some work to retroactively free people who knowingly broke the law at the time of their incarceration. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
Part of the problem is we have about 25% of the world's incarcerated people to about 4% of the population.

Prison is FOR PROFIT. They need to fill the cells in any way they can as often as they can. Also, literal slavery is LEGAL in America if you are a prisoner. It becomes....excessive.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We could just make ignition interlock devices standard on all new vehicles. That would solve the issue entirely but we aren't really wanting to fix it

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Its true for all of them. They are the Cardinals owning Bidwill's.

They make millions every year for eternity. Why sell the goose when it lays you golden eggs every year?

Plus you're the guy who's family owns one of only 32 gold egg laying geese. Rather that just a guy.

If you owned them would you ever sell?
only Mike gets all the perks of being an NFL owner

the other three? no so much. Free games, their kids get to be ballboys, etc and an annual dividend check

but $500mm today is the equivalent of $30mm annually for the next 30 years. thats a gold egg laying goose too.

no way are each of them seeing $30mm each year -- i suspect its likely a low single digit million

Reaction score
Mostly because of adderall usage so he could function with the drinking. It’s not pretty to be honest. I don’t think highly of the guy but for his family glad he is getting help.

Writing is on the wall here guys, we are looking for a new GM.
Without proof this sounds like slander to me. You have yet to provide any proof that you have anything more than opinion on Keim yet you spill your BS like it is fact.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We could just make ignition interlock devices standard on all new vehicles. That would solve the issue entirely but we aren't really wanting to fix it
Could you really enforce it if someone went ahead and disabled it though?

There's so many older vehicles on the road that I don't know you could make this really happen unless you made interlock devices mandatory on all vehicles.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Without proof this sounds like slander to me. You have yet to provide any proof that you have anything more than opinion on Keim yet you spill your BS like it is fact.
It would be libel, not slander. However, he's had accurate inside info in the past, regarding Keim and the front office, so he has built some credibility.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Could you really enforce it if someone went ahead and disabled it though?

There's so many older vehicles on the road that I don't know you could make this really happen unless you made interlock devices mandatory on all vehicles.
I'm sure it would have to be grandfathered to vehicles already on the road. When installed, though, if disabled it can completely disable the car and not allow it to start.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He actually didn't get convicted of it... long story.

My only point in telling the story in the first place was to say what you basically have said... teenagers make poor decisions pretty often. The concept that Keim had an alcohol issue for "decades" based off of a college DUI doesn't vibe for me, and my friend's situation is one of many reasons why.

No one would look at him now in his mid-30s and say "you have an alcohol issue" because he blew a .03 15 years ago.
The big difference is Keim was well known for pounding back drinks in public places where fans could see him doing it. Then he got busted years later for his second DUI. And fans have seen him pounding back beers in public places since his second DUI. Willing to bet he didn't stop drinking after his first DUI. Therefore his having a decades-long drinking issue is not far-fetched at all.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is Gambo and Wolf lying how none of this is Keim fault?

If Gambo starts calling for Kliff now, you know his source was Keim all along.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I find the Kugler arbitration filing curious. A month goes by and we haven't heard any denials from Kugler regarding these disgraceful accusations. I just can't believe that an innocent person would remain quiet for a month before proclaiming their innocence.

I agree. But how do we know he's been quiet? Just because nothing was said publicly (or leaked) doesn't mean there wasn't some kind of action being taken behind the scenes already.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose