I think that Kyler Murray's career is finished with his injury

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea… bingo! Just like when PA used to argue haters wouldn’t give Keim credit if he won 15 years in a row!

Another great argument made without evidence that could never be disproven… because Keim hadn’t given the fans a chance to embrace the last seven years of suckitude.

Funny though that when the team was actually good his first 3 years, he got plenty of credit.

It’s weird the way that works, huh? Someone consistently does something well and they get praise (Keim’s first three years). And then when someone does consistently bad (the next 7 years) they get criticized.

BIZARRE how that happens. Almost unthinkable!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sorry, but Murray reached some nice milestones for a very young QB. The problem is not Murray. Sorry, but you will never convince me that any other young QB would have fared any better with this dysfunctional organization.
Murray is one of the top 3 problems on this team. 4, if you count the owner. Of course we'll never convince you about it, though--he could pee in your Cheerios and you'd love it lol

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He'll be 26 by next season, and more likely to be closer to 27 by the time he's back on the field. 10 months from now, which would be a very optimistic return, it'll be October. He hasn't been able to stay on the field a single season in his career, so it's pretty bombastic to claim he'll get a 15 year great career here.
Haters are going to hate.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol… oh my lord. Again, doing some great things here or there DO NOT COME CLOSE TO A GREAT SEASON.

He never had ONE and yet you’re ludicrously bashing people because they wouldn’t praise him for 15. It’s an argument completely without evidence… because the subject of the argument has never been great long enough to give fans a chance to love him the way you claim they should.
Haters are going to hate.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He got his 189 million guaranteed and has never been the same. Never will be. We caved, and we lost. We are screwed for years.

I look no further than the Cardinals front office for yielding to Kyler Murray's salary demands.

This is what I expected from the player and his agent. It looks like good business on their part.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I sooo hated KM last year when I was raving at how awesome he was and how he was the bestest ever when we were winning oh wait did I just ruin your dumb statement? Yes, because it is a dumb statement.

Attachments

• D8B8329B-F7BF-424B-8EF5-A8E2E1F25C3B.gif
    D8B8329B-F7BF-424B-8EF5-A8E2E1F25C3B.gif
    241.3 KB · Views: 6

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
im not buying that this impacts him materially

he isnt Lamar Jackson

when he was at his best last year -- the running was down. In fact, most of his movement was buying time to make throws

there is a risk that this injury impacts his quickness -- but there are countless NFL players who are in stop/start positions (RBs, QBs, DBs, WRs) that have torn ACLs and returned as good as ever

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All facts. I have never seen a qb who played so well to be heavily scrutinized and hated by the own fans like Murray has been. Never seen this in my life. A lot of it was before he even played a single snap.

Played so well when?

For 8 early games last year before another injury? Before sucking down the stretch and having one of the all time worst playoff games?

Or in a crucial game the year before where he missed most the Rams game with a minor injury before coming back in Q4 suddenly we'll enough to run the ball?

His career passer rating is 92.5. That's 16th of all active QBs. That's 0.2 more than Goffs career and less than Minshew.

He's been infuriatingly average by being either very good or awful.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray is one of the top 3 problems on this team. 4, if you count the owner. Of course we'll never convince you about it, though--he could pee in your Cheerios and you'd love it lol
Hard to quantify but you could easily make an argument. Colt struggling in this offense as well does help Kyler in this regard though.

With that said, I would say the top 3 problems with this team are Keim, Kliff, and lack of an actual plan.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard to quantify but you could easily make an argument. Colt struggling in this offense as well does help Kyler in this regard though.

With that said, I would say the top 3 problems with this team are Keim, Kliff, and lack of an actual plan.

Are we using last night?

Colt got dumped into a game without first team practice, without the full prep a starter would expect and with a game plan designed for Kyler he had no input in.

Hardly fair. Let's see how he does vs Denver. We've already seen him do well vs the Rams.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are we using last night?

Colt got dumped into a game without first team practice, without the full prep a starter would expect and with a game plan designed for Kyler he had no input in.

Hardly fair. Let's see how he does vs Denver. We've already seen him do well vs the Rams.
No, I'm talking about the play this year. He was also trash against the 49ers.

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score
Agree 100%. Problem is with all the Murray haters on this board. Haters are going to hate no matter what. Murray could play for 15 years here & have a great career, and there will still be haters here. Just the way it is.
A lot of it is just simple facts not necessarily hate. Kyler has a history of getting injured and missing games and now is going to miss the rest of this season and most likely beginning of next. The team has to hope he comes back 100% but there is a chance he does not and they have a 160 million reasons to be worried because he is a small guy that depends on his legs. Chances are that this injury trend is more likely to continue even if he does return 100% due to his body type and how he plays the game.

Without taking injury into account Kyler has also been regressing not improving as a NFL QB. You can blame outside distractions, teammates, coach, GM or owner but regardless none of these are going to change anytime soon. So what are the chances Kyler returns to 100%, avoids future injury and the organization around him greatly improves? I think fans have good reason to be down on Kyler as our franchise QB.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Isn't that what guaranteed means? Or is there new meaning to it written into the contracts somehow? :?:
That is not necessarily true if part of the guaranteed money is salary. For example with Murray Spotrac shows part of his guarantee as salary. I don't think the team has to pay the salary part because the player retired.

• $103.3M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2022 salary + 2023 salary/option + $35.3M of 2024 salary)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Fair. I would relate that back to the coach and GM, however.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could see him look at baseball now. It would allow him to drop some muscle and take some pressure off his knees.

I'm now sure how that impacts the cap, though, if he retired for baseball.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s weird the way that works, huh? Someone consistently does something well and they get praise (Keim’s first three years). And then when someone does consistently bad (the next 7 years) they get criticized.

BIZARRE how that happens. Almost unthinkable!
This is how it is

Good = very little criticism
Poor = more criticism
Bad = lots of criticism

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Kyler isnt a problem.

However, imo it just sucks that he isnt much of a solution. I truly thought he could play well/win in spite of everything else.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave