RIP: Mike Leach (1961-2022)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RIP. One of my co-workers is named Mike Leach so I told some other co-workers that Mike Leach died, waited for their shocked responses, and then said "Oh, not THAT Mike Leach."

Hey Coach - "Thanks" for the air raid offense...?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
So sad. Was a really unique and interesting guy with a quirky sense of humor. So rare to find a coach that doesn’t speak “Cliche” every time they’re asked a question. RIP

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He was Bob Stoops OC the very first year Stoops took over at OU (1999!). He was running some really crazy stuff with none other than Josh Heupel at QB for that Sooner squad.

One formation that made everyone in the Big XII just completely lose their minds was called the "ninja" and had like seven offensive players lined up way out wide. Crazy. He changed Big XII football forever, and was the godfather of our conference's status as offensive innovators.

Last edited:

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How cool and how much fun would it have been if he’d been offered the Cards HC position instead of KK?

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How cool and how much fun would it have been if he’d been offered the Cards HC position instead of KK?
A ton of fun. I know a lot of his concepts have permeated throughout the NFL but not all of them. I think Leaches extremely wide OL splits are one that never made it. Would have been very interesting to see.

Leach had interests outside of Football and never really hid that, probably is one of many reasons why he never made the jump.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave