Rate the Hollywood Brown trade

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Good trade, maybe great in unison with Hop. Come on, whether you think it's Kliff, Kyler or the OL, he has to get the ball and in advantageous conditions (I mean, look at the one handed catch for the TD)... meaning the offense has to stay in a rhythm for him to be consistent

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Hump, Pugh, Hudson, Hernandez, Beachum was a perfectly good O line to start the season. Although Beachum should be replaced by Jones. But the injuries have been an issue.

But if he has 5 All pro's in there injuries can still be an issue.

They should have upgraded backup Center. Harlow was never good enough and I said so in the offseason. That was the biggest issue.
Yeah, it's not hindsight when many on this board were saying the OL wasn't good enough and age was cited as a big culprit.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a desperate move by a GM caused by Hopkins. This trade would never have been made if Hopkins wasn’t suspended.
The saddest part is if we re-sign Hollywood we will have. Gazzilion dollars going to our Wr room.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Gotta admit, I was wrong about Hollywood. I thought he was a lot like Ted Ginn but he’s way better than that, and tougher than I gave him credit for.

I still would rather have Linderbaum though.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hollywood is not the problem. We are a team that stinks in the trenches on BOTH sides of the ball. On top of that, we have an offensive minded HC that lacks creativity, especially on 1st down plays, and can’t motivate his team to win at home. Add a DC who‘s system is so complicated that guys like Niemann & Vallejo see the field WAY TOO MUCH, and that adds up to a crappy football team.

OP
OP
S

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Trent Sherfield has made more big plays this year than Hollywood Brown

Brutal trade so far

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we build a good offensive line this offseason, all will be forgiven.
Hi! Steve Keim here…what exactly is this “good offensive line” concept of which you speak? Also, how does one “build” one? I’ve been drafting LBs who sit on the bench and smallish WRs for years now and for some strange, unknown reason we’re just not getting much better, especially as regards our offensive line. I don’t understand why because this plan seems like a sure winner to me. Even my buddy, errr, I mean my boss agrees!
:stick:

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Trent Sherfield has 707 yards. Hollywood was on track for 1400 yards before his injury.
Big play impact on those 1400 yards = 0.

We could have had the same production with Christian Kirk if we were just going force feed a average receiver every play.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big play impact on those 1400 yards = 0.

We could have had the same production with Christian Kirk if we were just going force feed a average receiver every play.

Tua is one of the best deep throwers in the league this year. Kyler is the worst.

Should Hollywood throw the ball to himself?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Hi! Steve Keim here…what exactly is this “good offensive line” concept of which you speak? Also, how does one “build” one? I’ve been drafting LBs who sit on the bench and smallish WRs for years now and for some strange, unknown reason we’re just not getting much better, especially as regards our offensive line. I don’t understand why because this plan seems like a sure winner to me. Even my buddy, errr, I mean my boss agrees!
:stick:
Hi! Rod Graves here... I think you are rushing to conclusions on your ILBs. Patience is a virtue, it takes decades to develop a player and one has to move slow chubby grasshopper