JJ Watt

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
When executed properly, even when you know it is a QB sneak it is hard to stop.
I actually think with Kyler's size, it would be even harder for a defense to stop him from wiggling his way for a first because he has all the leverage and while being hard to spot does not need as much space to gain the yardage

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Absolutely does not matter… Browns sub in Brisset for their QB sneaks. It’s nearly unstoppable.
Maybe our problem was that the only QB sneak option we have on the team: McSorley is either on practice squad or inactive when Kyler and Colt are both healthy.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe our problem was that the only QB sneak option we have on the team: McSorley is either on practice squad or inactive when Kyler and Colt are both healthy.
Maybe, but I’d trust Colt with it. Despite what a handful of posters think, Colt is a journeyman back-up just happy to collect a paycheck. Little things and roles like this keeps their job. Colt hasn’t been keeping his backup job for 12+ years because he’s a good passer of the football, but rather for all the little things he does well AS a back-up. If he’s as savvy as all these people say he is, he’d have no issue executing a QB sneak well after 12+ years in the league.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Maybe, but I’d trust Colt with it. Despite what a handful of posters think, Colt is a journeyman back-up just happy to collect a paycheck. Little things and roles like this keeps their job. Colt hasn’t been keeping his backup job for 12+ years because he’s a good passer of the football, but rather for all the little things he does well AS a back-up. If he’s as savvy as all these people say he is, he’d have no issue executing a QB sneak well after 12+ years in the league.
Man, you have a savage hate on for Colt because of the past KM/Colt stuff, huh?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man, you have a savage hate on for Colt because of the past KM/Colt stuff, huh?
Nope, I love Colt for what he IS. I’m just still laughing as are others to the small handful of posters that were acting like he was more than what he is… a LOT more.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually think with Kyler's size, it would be even harder for a defense to stop him from wiggling his way for a first because he has all the leverage and while being hard to spot does not need as much space to gain the yardage

There's zero reason we don't sneak. Height has nothing to do with it. I'll never understand it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Absolutely does not matter… Browns sub in Brisset for their QB sneaks. It’s nearly unstoppable.

We tried that like one time with Streveler and it never happened again. Kyler doesn't want to come off the field, so we shelved Streveler and pretended he was like a QB prospect or something.

There's zero reason we don't sneak. Height has nothing to do with it. I'll never understand it.

There's only one explicable reason why we don's sneak, and he wears #1 and he's not with the team.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We tried that like one time with Streveler and it never happened again. Kyler doesn't want to come off the field, so we shelved Streveler and pretended he was like a QB prospect or something.

There's only one explicable reason why we don's sneak, and he wears #1 and he's not with the team.
You must be on the sidelines with that type of information… I’d bet kyler, if anything would relish being not in for a QB sneak bc of the contact.

Who are you? Green cap guy?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How often does he go under center? Because you kind of have to go under center to do it properly.
Bc they don’t run plays under center, Kyler doesn’t want to come off the field for QB sneaks ? That makes zero sense

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How often does he go under center? Because you kind of have to go under center to do it properly.

The thing is, if your 3rd and 1 or less the defense knows sneak is likely coming, especially if it's 3rd and 6 inches. It doesn't really matter if Kyler only went under center for sneaks and telegraphed it. It's hard to stop even when you know it's coming as JJ said recently.

Plus he should be under C anyway in those situations because even if it's a RB handoff it's easier for the RB to get the momentum and timng out of under C.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Bc they don’t run plays under center, Kyler doesn’t want to come off the field for QB sneaks ? That makes zero sense
No, the point was that Kyler doesn't want to come off the field. Kyler also doesn't run plays under center. Since you run the sneak from under center, Kyler never runs sneaks. Therefore the team doesn't run sneaks. Vey straightforward.

It's definitely Kyler not wanting to run plays from under center, too, because other QBs have done so this season with us. The question is why? It would make him better simply by eliminating predictability in the offense.