Odegard: Steve Keim Never Went All-In, Should Be Out As Cardinals General Manager

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m probably alone on the island, but if we have more games like we did last night against the Niners, I do think Keim & the coaching staff will get the boot. Yea, yea “Keim is Bidwill’s best friend”, but I can’t help but to think blowout losses to end the season would be the final straw in Bidwill’s eyes, regardless of how much of a clown he is.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m probably alone on the island, but if we have more games like we did last night against the Niners, I do think Keim & the coaching staff will get the boot. Yea, yea “Keim is Bidwill’s best friend”, but I can’t help but to think blowout losses to end the season would be the final straw in Bidwill’s eyes, regardless of how much of a clown he is.
If Kyler comes back and Hollywood is there we’ll find a way to scratch another 2 wins out and if there are ANY signs of hope, they’ll have the injury excuse to lean back on.

So far we’ve beaten probably the worst 4 teams in the league. We’ve still got Denver on tap. That’s the 5th. And I bet we somehow figure out how to beat either SD (simply because their coaching is as bad as ours) or Atlanta.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think that if people in the community keep roasting Michael Bidwill wherever he goes he might clean house altogether.

Imagine going from the toast of the town to a citywide joke in nine months.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
from your mouth to gods ears

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Look… I agree the MNF crew likely gets their info from the Cards brass trying to point blame at Kyler and… well… anyone they can to avoid pointing at themselves.

But do you give any credence to Fitz? That’s a former cardinal, who not only played with Kyler but still knows and played with some of these guys in the lockeroom and he wasn’t kind last night.
I’ve said for years on here how Fitz didn’t like Kyler. Long before Kyler started playing bad. His personality is tough, impossible to argue otherwise.

That being said he was beloved by coaches and teammates at OU (a stable and high-performing program, culture, and coach) so that’s a part of the reason I’ve felt infrastructure is part of the issue here.

Kyler is of course an adult and if he didn’t like where he was then he shouldn’t have put pen on paper. Just saying I can totally understand how a locker room full of 25 year olds might not have the most respect for unprofessional jackasses like Kliff and Keim.

As I’ve said whole org is a mess

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The problem is that Bidwill will give Keim and Kliff another year for all the Injuries, DHop suspension and whatever is to come. I think the only Way they go is if we are routed badly in the majority of remaining games, and the players lack of effort is not there.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our failed screen plays haven been a hot topic on the board since Kliff's inauguration. Not to argue with you, and I did se how those screen plays repetitively failed, but I have to wonder what's wrong with our screen passes. All NFL teams run it. Several of them have been very successful, Lambs and Whiners being the two immediate examples. Why our offense seems can never make a good screen plays? My guess is our personnel is not a good fit, our WRs are either slender or tiny, and our TEs, outside Maxx, aren't good blockers (some are atrocious, yes I am talking about Daniels).
They could work if.................. 1. They were called at the right time. 2. Our WR's weren't so small & could block.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The problem is that Bidwill will give Keim and Kliff another year for all the Injuries, DHop suspension and whatever is to come. I think the only Way they go is if we are routed badly in the majority of remaining games, and the players lack of effort is not there.
Which is entirely possible. We suck, only possible win I see left on the schedule is Denver, they're as bad if not worse than us but I think that game is in Denver? Nothing will get done though imo. Keim & Kliffy will get another year cause of the injuries. Their weekly film sessions are a real thing & Kliffy will show Bidwill why the plays are failing without showing him how he could change things with a little more creativity.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That would be great but I think it's gonna take the stadium being almost completely empty along with those blowout losses. As long as enough fans are still showing up he'll believe their vision on how next season will be better.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look… I agree the MNF crew likely gets their info from the Cards brass trying to point blame at Kyler and… well… anyone they can to avoid pointing at themselves.

But do you give any credence to Fitz? That’s a former cardinal, who not only played with Kyler but still knows and played with some of these guys in the lockeroom and he wasn’t kind last night.
Fitz inferred if anything he did not come out and say Kyler sucks. He was praising Colt as a natural leader which he is, how people manipulate that into Kyler sucks is their own agenda. Still no players criticizing Kyler or his work ether or anything it’s all here say from people trying to figure out this malfunction of a team. So McCoy the natural leader got trounced by 4tds and could have been worse honestly, do I think it’s his fault? No this team is a direct reflection of the terrible HC that TRIES to lead them. Players haven’t yet said it but they have checked out on coach bro. Hope I’m wrong and they can find some sort of something the rest of the season because I have little faith that Bidwill will make changes that need to be made!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Some of us claimed the team punted on this season in the offseason, like Kyle did. We were told we were wrong. We were right.
Yep, this doesn't get enough play. When darksiders are wrong, we absolutely get our noses rubbed in it and get yelled at to eat crow, and no mods stand up to it. When I finally, this season, decided to demand some crow, not a single one of the posters--and they know who they are--held their hands up and admitted they were wrong. They argued, they tried moving the goal posts, and they whined I was being petty.

Well, call out. Where are the posters who told Ouchie, me, and others we were wrong for realizing the reality this offseason, that the team was punting? Where are the posters who said this was a winning roster? You know who you are. Eat your crow and admit you were wrong. Be good sports like the darksiders were on our big winning run last year.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
For the remainder of the season, I see 3 wins max. As few as 1. If its 0 wins, ending the season on a 6 game losing streak likely ends with someone getting fired.

If they have a 7-10 / 6-11 season where your QB regressed without explanation, you likely to lose a key young player or two in the offseason, AND you bring GM and HC back:

Thats a hard sell to the ticket buying public.

teams sell one of two things: winning football or hope that winning football isn't far away. Not sure how you can spin the above situation into either one of those

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, this doesn't get enough play. When darksiders are wrong, we absolutely get our noses rubbed in it and get yelled at to eat crow, and no mods stand up to it. When I finally, this season, decided to demand some crow, not a single one of the posters--and they know who they are--held their hands up and admitted they were wrong. They argued, they tried moving the goal posts, and they whined I was being petty.

Well, call out. Where are the posters who told Ouchie, me, and others we were wrong for realizing the reality this offseason, that the team was punting? Where are the posters who said this was a winning roster? You know who you are. Eat your crow and admit you were wrong. Be good sports like the darksiders were on our big winning run last year.
Hey! Don’t forget me!!!

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Old but really prescient article from Deadspin about Keim.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Forgot how awesome that article was

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

My it’s been over a year since I visited Zombie Deadspin and it looks very bad.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
My it’s been over a year since I visited Zombie Deadspin and it looks very bad.
I was actually googling how to spell David Raih and came across this. lol. internet rabbit holes have no end.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I listened to the Patrick Peterson Podcast today and agree with him. Keim is going nowhere. Kliff is going to be tossed and blamed. Peterson is a jerk, but he understands this franchise perfectly
This is the sad part

Dysfunction will continue until he's gone

Gut the place and start over

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Which is entirely possible. We suck, only possible win I see left on the schedule is Denver, they're as bad if not worse than us but I think that game is in Denver? Nothing will get done though imo. Keim & Kliffy will get another year cause of the injuries. Their weekly film sessions are a real thing & Kliffy will show Bidwill why the plays are failing without showing him how he could change things with a little more creativity.
With this lousy bunch, road wins are actually (and weirdly) possible, so we can bank on a W at Denver. Damn, but one additional win (such as Denver) probably will earn this sad sack, train wreck of a “brain trust” another year. Imagine if you scored an outrageously high paying job and all it took to maintain it was to produce a semi-competent effort once in a blue moon?!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose