How bad are we? Here’s the facts, Jack!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've come over for at least one game a year since the first year in Arizona. Hell, I knew they were bad in the SDS days but I came anyway, they were so bad it was almost fun. I couldn't bring myself to do it this year. It's not as enjoyable since my boy Andy440, RIP, isn't there for tailgate any more and the whole organization just plain sucks. I'm just disgusted more than I've ever been and I've been following them for 50 years. I went to the Suns game Saturday night instead. They won!

You can come to Vegas instead and hang out with me :)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've come over for at least one game a year since the first year in Arizona. Hell, I knew they were bad in the SDS days but I came anyway, they were so bad it was almost fun. I couldn't bring myself to do it this year. It's not as enjoyable since my boy Andy440, RIP, isn't there for tailgate any more and the whole organization just plain sucks. I'm just disgusted more than I've ever been and I've been following them for 50 years. I went to the Suns game Saturday night instead. They won!
They win a lot of regular-season games. :D

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is Bidwill not letting Keim do the job?

His mistake is not firing him for doing the job badly.

I said it was up to the owner to hold the GM responsible. If I were the owner, I would have fired Keim years ago.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I had a Steve Beurlein poster on my wall as a kid. I wore a Garrison Hearst jersey to school and took crap from all of the Cowboy fans.

Now? I can’t muster the energy to give a damn anymore.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
This year, it’s only about the tailgate!
I too crunched some numbers…. If I didn’t buy season tickets for over 25 years, I’d have another $100k in my pocket. That is without the England, Dallas, Las Vegas, KC or NY trips for me and my son. Sick!

Is it not just like smoking, an addiction which is a major waste of money, distasteful to those who don't partake, leaves an awful taste in one's mouth and smell over one's body and clothes, is often emotionally and mentally degrading, and sadly a habit often passed on from generation to generation. It is a product built on and promoted by lies from and for the enrichment of the industry's owners, while at the same time accompanied by extensive warnings from the medical profession and the actual sick and dying recipients of its destructive accumulative effects.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I had a Steve Beurlein poster on my wall as a kid. I wore a Garrison Hearst jersey to school and took crap from all of the Cowboy fans.

I used to wear a Cards jersey in Philly at Cards-Philly games. Now it takes extra energy just to wear my Cards jersey to work on Fridays in the Pittsburgh area.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Same with being a D-Backs fan. if the owner of the team isn't invested in winning, why should I care? I think Kendrick and Bidwill have proven who they are.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My seatmate of 30 years crunched some numbers out of frustration. These are pure facts so you make the call…

This is the 35th year that the Cardinals have been in Arizona. Unless we win out the last 5 games this season, we will have another losing season. We have only had 7 winning seasons for a 20% success rate!

This is the 17th season at the new stadium, next season will mark the 50/50 split of the ASU days, so no excuse with the venues. After yesterday, we are 230-325-2 in Arizona, 41% wins overall and dropping.

So, tell me, why do I continue to spend thousands annually while dedicating Sundays around such an abysmal product?!? Well, doing the tailgates and seeing old and meeting new friends is the best part but….
Well I have to say after so many bad years of following this team, it was quite magical to be there at Super Bowl XLIII watching them compete for a title. It's what keeps me going as a fan during these lean years.

OP
OP
MadJack

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
Is it not just like smoking, an addiction which is a major waste of money, distasteful to those who don't partake, leaves an awful taste in one's mouth and smell over one's body and clothes, is often emotionally and mentally degrading, and sadly a habit often passed on from generation to generation. It is a product built on and promoted by lies from and for the enrichment of the industry's owners, while at the same time accompanied by extensive warnings from the medical profession and the actual sick and dying recipients of its destructive accumulative effects.
Brilliant post!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose