Injuries have decimated Cardinals this year.

nationsrj

Veteran
Reaction score
Info On Offense 2022 season

24 different players have been starters on offense thru 12 games so far.
The same 5 Offensive Line for entire game happened in 3 Games. Against PHi, MIN, and LAC.

QB K Murray (10 Starts), C McCoy (2 Starts)
WR M Brown (7 Starts), R Moore (8 Starts), D Hopkins (6 Starts), AJ Green (6 Starts), R Anderson (1 Start), G Dortch (2 Starts)
TE Zach Ertz (10 Starts), Trey McBride (8 Starts)
C Rodney Hudson (4 Starts), Sean Harlow (2 Starts), Billy Price (6 Starts)
G Justin Pugh (5 Starts), W. Hernandez (9 Starts), R. Coward (3 Starts), Sean Harlow (1 Start), L. Smith (2 Starts), C. Ford (2 Starts), M. Garcia (2 Starts)
T DJ Humphries (8 Starts), K Beachum (12 Starts), J. Jones (4 Starts)

Injuries: Loss of 41 Games.
K Murray (2 Games)
M Brown (5 Games), R Moore (4 Games), G Dortch (1 Game)
D Hopkins (6 Games due to Suspension
Z Etrz (2 Games)
R Hudson (8 Games), Justion Pugh (7 Games), W Hernandez (3 Games), M Garcia (5 Games), DJ Humphries (4 Games),

OP
OP
N

nationsrj

Veteran
Reaction score
Info On Defense 2022 season

23 different players have been starters on defense thru 12 games so far.

DL Z. Allen (12 Games), JJ Watt (11 Games), R Lawrence (5 Games), L Fotu (5 Games), M Dogbe (2 Games), J Ledbetter (1 Game)
OLB M Golden (9 Games), D Gardeck (3 Games), D Kennard (1 Game), M Sanders (1 Game), V Dimukeje (2 Games)
ILB Z Collins (12 Games), I Simmons (8 Games), T Vallejo (5 Games), N Vigil (1 Game), B. Niemann (5 Games)
CB B Murphy (9 Games), M Wilson (11 Games), A Hamilton (3 Games)
S B Baker (12 Games), J Thompson (12 Games), C Banjo (1 Game), J Whittaker (1 Game)

Injuries: Loss of 27 Games.
B Murphy (3 Games), T Mullen (5 Games), C Matthew (2 Games)
A Hamilton (4 Games) Non Football Injury
D Gardeck (3 Games), E Turner (2 Games)
R Lawrence (7 Games), JJ Watt (1Game)

OP
OP
N

nationsrj

Veteran
Reaction score
Some additional Offensive Injuries I missed.
J Conner (3 Games)
C McCoy (4 Games)
A Wesley (The Season)
A Isabella (1 Game)
AJ Green (1 Game)
D Williams (6 Games and counting)
C Ford (6 Games)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems like we have this excuse every year. Again, it comes back to the question: Is the GM signing injury prone players or is our strength & conditioning program suspect?
Obviously, some of the one's are unavoidable (Ertz, Hollywood). But lots are soft tissue.

True "Injury prone" players are rare I believe. There are only 3 players in the league I can think of off the top of my head that I could still that label on. Jason Verrett, Sammy Watkins and Will Fuller. Rondale Moore might end up being another guy like Will Fuller who misses a multiple games a gear due to hamstrings and other leg issues.

I'm sure there are more but it's rare.

The NFL is the most physical sport in the world. I don't think we appreciate (or we often forget) how insanely physical it is. It's amazing more injuries don't happen. If any of us or any other normal person played even a quarter of a real game we probably wouldn't get out of bed for a month.

Every year there are 5-6 teams get hammered by the injury bug. We got lucky last year for the most part, this year it got us. It's completely random.

The whole "Keim signs injury prone players" thing is crap. Every team signs the same kinds of players. I remember all off season fans here were saying Watt wouldn't play 5 games. We all thought Hicks was a terrible signing due to multiple injuries and he barely missed a game. Then you have Hudson, played practically 100% of games his whole career missed chunks of both seasons. Random.

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Injuries are an NFL problem not just an ARZ problem.

As many already posted
1. Signing injury prone guys because they are cheap is not an ideal philosophy.
2. Not building team with adequate back up depth is big problem caused by poor drafting.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's funny is that the spate of injuries have shown that Rashaard Coward, who we picked up off the street for nothing, is a better Guard than Cody Ford.

Lost in all the recent anger is that Coward has been solid.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i dont know that the Cards sign more injury prone guys than the NFL average.

I know we think that, but its only because we know all the history of guys the Cards sign but tend to overlook the history of guys on other teams.

just a quick look at some top UFAs signed this past offseason:

Terron Armstead from NO to MIA. Missed at least 5 games in 4 of the last 5 years.
Von Miller from LAR to BUff. Missed the entire 2020 year.
JC Jackson from NE to LAC. Pretty healthy historically. Now in IR (go figure).
Chandler Jones. missed 11 games in 2020, 2 in 2021.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Injuries are an NFL problem not just an ARZ problem.

As many already posted
1. Signing injury prone guys because they are cheap is not an ideal philosophy.
2. Not building team with adequate back up depth is big problem caused by poor drafting.
I think the Rams are also another team which is suffering now being top heavy and not having enough depth

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like well run teams are better able to handle adversity. Poorly run teams, not so much.

I think a lot has to do with how the team is put together. Depth and chemistry are huge components.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I like to look at Football Outsiders' Adjusted Games Lost metric when considering injuries, because it factors in the quality of a player lost.

The metric used here -- starters -- only really applies with offensive linemen and quarterbacks, because every other position can be replaced or substituted based on a situation and package.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seems like we have this excuse every year. Again, it comes back to the question: Is the GM signing injury prone players or is our strength & conditioning program suspect?
Obviously, some of the one's are unavoidable (Ertz, Hollywood). But lots are soft tissue.
Ertz got hurt on that wretched turf in LA. Trams have complained about it from day 1. That crap needs to be ripped up.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In attempting to keep players healthy by running soft practices, Kliff’s system has done the opposite. I still lean towards tougher OTA’s, tougher camps, and tougher practices. To me, it builds more discipline, more focus, and more football IQ. Yes, there will still be injuries, but teams are stronger down the stretch with that approach. Looking at KK’s entire HC experience, his teams ALWAYS fall off. So, something needs to be changed up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's important to note, James Jones was hired as the Suns GM before Monty Williams was hired as the coach.

Without Jones in place, Monty Williams might not have become the Suns head coach.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
injuries arent the only issue, but that are without question an issue

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose