6'6 QB prospects with big arms

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually, in this game, Kyler wasn't either. He wasn't exactly accurate, but with the exception of what turned out to be a good INT, he was inaccurate where the DBs couldn't get to it.

I suppose throwing so bad nobody can catch it is something...

1 of 5 and an INT at 20 yards or more.

Better intermediate this week completing 4 of 6 between 10 and 20.

But still below average QB play. If it wasn't for COnner (and Kyler's rushing we get blown out).

4th lowest passer rating of the season. 2nd lowest passing yards. Lowest completion rate of the season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

But still below average QB play. If it wasn't for COnner (and Kyler's rushing we get blown out).

4th lowest passer rating of the season. 2nd lowest passing yards. Lowest completion rate of the season.
I can't stand Kyler and even I'm not putting this loss on him. That goes squarely on Kliffy.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How many long balls did he throw out of bounds?

3?

WR's had no chance to catch them

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't stand Kyler and even I'm not putting this loss on him. That goes squarely on Kliffy.

No, it wasn't on Kyler. But also Kyler still wasn't good.

I was hoping for some corner turning. Hash it out with Kliff, got Nuk and Hop together etc etc but it was more of the same. Something just looks wrong with his arm.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Neither is Kyler, what on earth are you talking about? Are you conflating "poor, just this year" with afraid? Odd post
You are blind if you cannot see the difference. Herbert is 10X the QB Kyler is. Dude has played with a broken rib for months. Kyler sits out with a bruised shin and cowards to contact. Herbert has a poker face, Kyler has a pouty face... period

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

In a game where kyler actually played pretty well you still want to give him not only the loss but a blowout (that didn’t happen). I love the complete dismissal of kyker’s rushing - you know, the thing that makes him special as a QB. Some self-examination regarding your thoughts on kyler might be in order.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
He is not afraid to throw deep though
Players with a higher average air yards / attempt than Justin Herbert this year:

Tua, Jameis Winston, Sam Darnold, Mike White, Bailey Zappe, Teddy Bridgewater, Josh Allen, Geno Smith, Dak Prescott, Jalen Hurts, Marcus Mariota, Ryan Tannehill, Mitch Trubisky, Patrick Mahomes, Jacoby Brissett, Andy Dalton, Mac Jones, Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson, Justin Fields, Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, Taylor Heinicke, Trevor Lawrence, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Trey Lance, Aaron Rodgers, Cooper Rush, Daniel Jones, Tom Brady, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Colt McCoy.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
6'6" Herbert leads the league in batted passes at LOS.
His release is so low it’s really weird. It’s almost like he doesn’t raise his arm when he throws and it comes out at the height of his shoulder.

I’d be curious to see if Kyler releases the ball at the same height as Herbert.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His release is so low it’s really weird. It’s almost like he doesn’t raise his arm when he throws and it comes out at the height of his shoulder.

I’d be curious to see if Kyler releases the ball at the same height as Herbert.
Not quite the Phillip Rivers "push throw" but kinda similar.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Which college players fit this archetype?

I'm tired of watching this girly dink and dunk offense.
In a couple years Drew Allar, Penn State, 6'-5" 240 lbs. Cannon for an arm with touch and he can run a QB sneak.

The only thing that can ruin him is James Franklin, the HC who has been known to ruin perfectly good QBs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA