Cards v Chargers Post Game

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I just got back from the game. My observations: Kyler is even freakishly faster in person than on TV. Cards lost a heart breaker in this game. I was for sure they would stop the two point play. Cards need to pick OL with their first pick, and Bolts need to pick DL with their first pick. Cards did a great job in the secondary deflecting passes. Bolts threw screen passes, and Cards threw downfield. It was like they switched coaches or something.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Amazing that there were pages of people blaming this play on Kyler.

The play was designed to go 2 places, Conner or McBride, and the defense took away both of them. Kliff is running amateur stuff on 4th and inches instead of punting or pounding the ball.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How do we not run on 4th and inches with Connor getting 5 yards a carry. Why does Kliff always scheme long passes on very short yards. Makes no sense and you would think he would learn. We need to throw the vault at Sean Payton
he's not touching this dump with a 10 foot pole under the current front office

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
How do we not run on 4th and inches with Connor getting 5 yards a carry. Why does Kliff always scheme long passes on very short yards. Makes no sense and you would think he would learn. We need to throw the vault at Sean Payton
To be fair, BA called bombs on 4th downs, too...and even when successful, people on this board still lost their poop.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I called my brother today who is a Falcon fan. It seems teams which wear black and red and named after birds is bad juju for fandom... though he states he no longer cares, liar lol

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

The play was designed to go 2 places, Conner or McBride, and the defense took away both of them. Kliff is running amateur stuff on 4th and inches instead of punting or pounding the ball.
there was clearly an option in the play design to hand the ball off then

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I called my brother today who is a Falcon fan. It seems teams which wear black and red and named after birds is bad juju for fandom... though he states he no longer cares, liar lol
They have a new coach and a retread QB...they have bottomed out and started the rebuild this year. They have been fairly competitive, all things considered.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Allow me to translate, "Kliff's plays are kind of..."

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And again Maxx falls down coming off the LOS, he's supposed to chip the end but he didn't so the end took away the easy handoff to Conner, which Kyler read correctly. Now the safety reads the play on Trey so that's not there. Hollywood is blocking he's not running a route.

But the wide open play there is as the guy said, in the middle of the field, Maxx can run forever, but he fell down coming off the LOS and then when he got up Kyler had already gotten off that completely and was about to throw the ball to D Hop. If Maxx gets off the LOS cleanly he's wide open there but he fell down.